Author Topic: 1.02.07 not allowing me to play next movie in Video_TS folder  (Read 1544 times)

May 10, 2009, 10:51:03 PM
Read 1544 times

gopi@2604

I have flashed my player with new version. Yesterday I have ripped a DVD and placed the VIDEO_TS folder in 8GB Pen Drive and played the movies in the player. No complaints playing the movie.
But what problem i am facing is whenever i want to play another movie in the folder by pressing NEXT or going to the folder view, it is asking me to play from the position where i was left before(although i have played this movie previously) and when i press on OK, it is playing the previous movie from the point where i have stopped. If press CANCEL, then it is playing the previous movie from starting not the next movie i have selected.

I have renamed the files placed in the folder and when i try to play the movies it is working perfect.
Can any one tell me what might be the problem and how to resolve this?

Gopi

May 11, 2009, 06:09:37 AM
Reply #1

MrMod

If the files are named:
vts_01_1.vob
vts_01_2.vob
vts_01_3.vob

Then the WDTV will treat them as one movie.  It looks for numbered files (1,2,3) with the same name (vts_01_) and groups them together as one movie.

Also, keep in mind that vob files and titles inside a VIDEO_TS folder are not 1 to 1.  There can be several titles (listed as separate PGCs in IfoEdit) in one vob.  Also the main movie doesn't always start in vts_01_1.vob.  The DVD author can map the titles to whatever vts and pgc they like.  I've seen movies start in vts_08_1.vob for example.

May 12, 2009, 02:17:32 AM
Reply #2

gopi@2604

I totally agree with you.

But i have 4 movies in the same DVD named as
vts_01_1.vob, vts_01_2.vob,
vts_02_1.vob, vts_02_2.vob,
vts_03_1.vob, vts_03_2.vob,
vts_04_1.vob

When I rename the files and play all could be played.
Gopi

May 12, 2009, 06:32:08 AM
Reply #3

MrMod

It must be considering all of those files as one movie where "vts_" is the name and "01_1, 01_2, 02_1, 02_2, 03_1, 03_2, 04_1" is the sequence.  When you rename the vob files with different names, then you are able to play each one individually, so that proves it.

Good information for others that use multi-title VIDEO_TS folders to store their movies.  Personally, I'd remux to mkv for a cleaner layout, but that's me.