Author Topic: The best custom firmware for WDTV G2  (Read 33243 times)

October 28, 2010, 10:47:19 AM
Reply #15

pH03N1x

I flashed my WDTV with this, and it all seems to work, but I don't have a usb/wireless to plug in. Before I go out and buy one, where can I get a list - or how can I figure out - if it's supported?  THANKS. And, yes, I did look...

I using this one for wired:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22684

And for wireless:
Edimax EW-7711UAn

Both working fine.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 11:16:15 AM by pH03N1x »

October 28, 2010, 12:48:07 PM
Reply #16

progreat

hı ı flash it with this software but ı didnt see different
where is internet
where is my ip
how can ı change my ıp and how can ı sucses 

October 31, 2010, 05:07:35 AM
Reply #17

pH03N1x

hı ı flash it with this software but ı didnt see different
where is internet
where is my ip
how can ı change my ıp and how can ı sucses 

Edit the supplied sys.config file first. If you do not have proper skills for that, then you should ask someone else to do it for you.

December 02, 2010, 02:33:37 PM
Reply #18

progreat

ok ı install but what is the password and name

January 05, 2011, 04:18:20 PM
Reply #19

reza

does it support moviesheets  or you have to edit s00 file

January 13, 2011, 02:57:11 AM
Reply #20

malum

Brilliant
Thank you for posting this
I have a USB ethernet adapter with the MCS7830 chipset (Edimax EU-4230) and after farting around with various hacks and trying to compile the driver myself (I don't do Linux so it was a bit of a lost cause) I tried this firmware.
Everything worked straight off and the web interface for control of the system is easy to use.

January 15, 2011, 04:07:48 AM
Reply #21

mmdmurphy

I flashed my WDTV with this, and it all seems to work, but I don't have a usb/wireless to plug in. Before I go out and buy one, where can I get a list - or how can I figure out - if it's supported?  THANKS. And, yes, I did look...

I using this one for wired:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22684

And for wireless:
Edimax EW-7711UAn

Both working fine.

Well, thank you for the input.  I had actually went to ebay and bought an Realtek RTL8188SU. I couldn't get it to work, despite many tries. I then took it into work, and let a hacker co-worker try for over a month to get it to work. Neither one of us could get it going. I hate to throw it away, I hate to put it into a drawer and never use it, I can't see selling it for peanuts, and I can't see throwing more money into the project.

I was hoping that there'd be a new version of the firmware. Anyway, I guess I am not asking a question, just complaining and looking for maybe more help.

March 10, 2011, 12:27:00 PM
Reply #22

m2privat

hello,

hope, someone can help me. with this software, i will get my netgear w111v2 running. the router says, the wireless adapter is connected, but i canīt get access to the wdtv or can ping it.

firewall is deactivated.

is it right, that the wireless adapter is configured correctly in the net.config file, when i get access to the router?

if i want to make some changes in the net.config file, do i have to flash this software again or will the file be read from the usb stick?

thanks in advance.

April 02, 2011, 11:03:29 AM
Reply #23

tibimakai

I'm in the same boat as you, trying to figure it out.
I can access the wdtv on my pc, but I can't stream or make it somehow to show up my pc on the wdtv. sometimes for a bit it showed up one of my pc's and today my laptop(at Network Upnp), but then it freezed up on me and after reboot it dissapeard and I can't bring it back.
Padavan has a newer firmware v20, I have tried it, but I coudn't even make my wireless usb card to connect to my wireless router.

June 03, 2011, 12:43:42 AM
Reply #24

Kipdotter

Thanks for this great tip!
Running my WDTV with current Firmware and DWA-140 WLAN adapter works 'out-of-the-box' within 10 minutes.
Now I'm searching for some english "readme" files ... Any ideas?
First question: What is the right username/passwort combination for the web frontend????

Greets
Kip

August 03, 2011, 09:36:14 PM
Reply #25

88keyz

This really is a great firmware that Padavan has developed.  Easily competes with WDLXTV and beats it on many features.  The webend is slick and setup using the usr.config file is dead simple.  I've converted the readme and whatsnew files from Russian to English and added them to the zip file which is available at the following link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6thfco5oo3gaq9d

If you are currently using b-rad's WDLXTV for your WDTV G2 then this one is certainly worth a look.

PS: If you are having trouble accessing the webend then telnet into the unit and remove the "htpasswd" file from the /conf folder and reboot.

September 28, 2011, 06:56:30 AM
Reply #26

Zottex

this firmware support moviesheets?

October 28, 2011, 08:04:19 AM
Reply #27

CreativeBR

Hi,
This FW seems to be great. Thanks to PADAVAN for it.

I have installed the FW but the wireless USB adapter cant be recognized. Its a TPLINK WN722N adapter that uses an ATHEROS AR9271 chipset. I guess it is not supported by default and i dont have any idea how to find or compile a .ko external kernel module.

I just could find that its compatible with the ath9k_htc driver from http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k_htc

Is there a place that i can search for it or should i have to give up with this USB adapter?

Thanks a lot for the help.
CreativeBR

October 25, 2012, 11:31:26 PM
Reply #28

maddoctor