Author Topic: mkv header compression easy fixes using batch files  (Read 80444 times)

January 25, 2011, 05:37:53 PM
Reply #45

syncronized77

Hey guys,

I'm new here...I've got the WDTV V1 that is experiencing unable to play the new MKV files with the new header compression...

So to fix this....all I need are the following:

1 MKVFix GUI
2 mkvtoolnix unicode 4.3.0

Place both of them in the same folder and use the "header compression" only??

January 29, 2011, 08:21:45 AM
Reply #46

schnoid

Thanks RavRob! I know I'm months behind on this, but I guess I hadn't noticed that there was all this stuff going on with muxing MKV files. I believe when I upgraded to Win 7 I downloaded the new version of MKVtoolnix and I was going nuts trying to figure out why none of my newly muxed movies would play. I thought there was something wrong with my computer or something but I guess I should've come here first. Once I tried what was recommended (turning off compression) all my MKVs work perfectly again! It's kind of annoying to have to set each track separately but oh well. I'll deal for now. Thanks again! Shabbat Shalom :)

February 17, 2011, 01:47:01 PM
Reply #47

laurh

I get stucked on analising files. I have in the same directory MKVFix.exe, mkclean.exe and mkWDclean.exe.
Can somebody help me please ?

May 10, 2011, 01:11:13 PM
Reply #48

caust1c

I have used this before to great success but recently reinstalled windows 7.  Now, despite having installed MKVtoolsNix and also trying to copy the files directly into the MKVFix folder, it keeps saying it cannot find MKVinfo.exe (MKVToolsNix not installed).  The log shows
MKVWDFix v0.1.2
3:08:35 PM: Program started

3:08:38 PM: MKVToolnix not found! Please install MKVToolnix before continuing.

3:08:38 PM: Please find the MKVInfo.exe executable file before continuing. Use the file locations tab to select the file.

Where is the file locations tab? Am I blind??

May 10, 2011, 06:04:14 PM
Reply #49

friv

• friv

Great, my problem was solved. Thank for share
friv | friv 4

June 10, 2011, 11:29:19 AM
Reply #50

blondsta

http://sourceforge.net/projects/matroska/files/mkclean/mkclean-win32.v0.5.7.zip/download

I've also updated the GUI (fixed a few bugs, added warning about dodgy mkwdclean, made it a bit slicker, rewrote large chunks of it).
www.chumpusrex.com/junk/MKVFix.exe

Thank you very very much  :D

June 17, 2011, 11:54:56 PM
Reply #51

johnblox

I have used this before to great success but recently reinstalled windows 7.  Now, despite having installed MKVtoolsNix and also trying to copy the files directly into the MKVFix folder, it keeps saying it cannot find MKVinfo.exe (MKVToolsNix not installed).  The log shows
MKVWDFix v0.1.2
3:08:35 PM: Program started

3:08:38 PM: MKVToolnix not found! Please install MKVToolnix before continuing.

3:08:38 PM: Please find the MKVInfo.exe executable file before continuing. Use the file locations tab to select the file.

Where is the file locations tab? Am I blind??

ditto - program doesn't work (un/re installed mkvtoolnix) - anyone know of any other programs that DO work ? (I do wish people wouldn't bother wasting their time writing programs that don't work, it just wastes everyone else's time installing it and wondering why it doesn't work - if you can't code & test competently then please stick to gardening!)

echo %path%
C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\Wind
owsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\MKVtoolnix

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 12:07:56 AM by johnblox »

June 18, 2011, 03:05:04 AM
Reply #52

RavRob

• DeSpammer

You can do it manually with MKVMerge.  Just disable header compression and remux.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

July 02, 2011, 01:35:04 AM
Reply #53

Senseohasser

I get stucked on analising files. I have in the same directory MKVFix.exe, mkclean.exe and mkWDclean.exe.
Can somebody help me please ?

Same here:

I'm trying to use MKVFIX.exe but it shows no results at all although there are many files in the scanned directory containing stripped headers.

The log says:

MKVWDFix v0.1.2
10:38:43: Program started
10:38:43: mkvinfo version 4.8.0 identified. Minimum required version 4.3.0
10:38:53: Searching for files in "Z:\Aktuell"
10:38:53: Search completed. 29 matroska files identified.
10:38:53: Analysis of files started
10:38:53: Running MKVInfo on "Z:\Aktuell\Movie.mkv"
10:38:53: MKVInfo has exited with code 0

???

September 12, 2011, 02:58:06 PM
Reply #54

ChumpusRex

In the unlikely event that anyone is still interested, I've probably fixed 2 bugs:

1. Unable to find MKVToolnix on 64 bit systems.
2. Unable to analyse MKV files on non-English systems.

Added a new feature:

1. Automatic reordering of audio/subtitle streams so that your preferred language is default when played back on WDTV.

URL is the same: http://www.chumpusrex.com/junk/MKVFix.exe

September 22, 2011, 07:25:30 AM
Reply #55

gogkai

• www.hdplayermall.com
Thanks a lot for this,very helpful.  :D

September 23, 2011, 04:16:51 PM
Reply #56

88keyz

If you are having problems with MKVFix detecting your installation of MKVtoolnix then you can run one of these reg files.  Just edit for your path.

For 32-bit systems (save as x86.reg):
Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\mkvmergeGUI]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\mkvmergeGUI\GUI]
"installation_path"="C:\\Path to\\MKVtoolnix"

For 64-bit systems (save as x64.reg):
Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\mkvmergeGUI]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\mkvmergeGUI\GUI]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\mkvmergeGUI]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\mkvmergeGUI\GUI]

Works perfect and no errors on program startup.

October 22, 2011, 01:25:07 PM
Reply #57

userdude

In the unlikely event that anyone is still interested, I've probably fixed 2 bugs:

Added a new feature:

1. Automatic reordering of audio/subtitle streams so that your preferred language is default when played back on WDTV.

God sent....

Finally something simple, that works ( Wdtv gen 2 / non live)

Thank you

November 20, 2011, 06:57:59 PM
Reply #58

cmdwedge

Added a new feature:

Champus - I went to your site in the hopes of finding a 'donate' link, as I'd really like to throw a couple of bucks your way for this great program. Feel free to PM me your PayPal details.

Cheers, Phil

November 27, 2011, 12:16:46 PM
Reply #59

Someone

hello guys, question:
i used mkvmerge gui v4.4.0, i added the mkv (for example kung fu panda with both english and greek audio), i removed the english audio, left only the greek audio and the video and pushed tha button "start muxing", when it finished i couldn't open it with KMplayer, i only could with VLC. I asked around in some forums and they telled me that mkvmerge 4.3 and above has as default the header compression. The matter is that i have muxed all the animations in order tou remove the english audio and leave the greek only. They are too many to remux them again one by one with mkvmerge. What i have to do is open the folder with the mkvs with mkvfix that was posted before, select the Header compression (am i right?) and then push "clean files"?? I don't want to do something wrong cuz they are too many to download them again or remux them again one by one with mkvmerge ;D thanks in advance