Author Topic: BUG 1.02.21 Nikon D90 Movies wont play on WD TV Live  (Read 1262 times)

July 29, 2010, 01:24:23 PM
Read 1262 times

alexulan

hi Forum Members.

First Post here.

I did a search on the net and on this forum and did not find a solution to my problem.

I have several hundred movie files that I have taken with my Nikon D90. AVI Files. (Motion JPEG).

The are 1280x720p (24 FPS) 16-bit Mono Audio, I believe, they play back beautifully on my PC and via HDMI cable through the Nikon D90 itself to my 50" plasma.

I can't seem to play back the clips through WD TV Live.

I do have the latest firmware and actually think that the older firmware played these d90 movies more reliably.

With the latest firmware the clips start to play and then the Picture Hangs the sound continues for a few seconds and then the sound hangs also. It seems very random when a clip will stop playback it could be 10 sec into a 2min video or 90 sec into a 100 Sec video.

Once the playback stops you can hit the STOP button on the remote. Then start playback again. When promoted to resume where you left off you can select OK vs Cancel and the video does resume and plays back.

The annoying part is each clip you have to stop and resume playback possibly several times during the same clip.

I have tried a few different external drives and this does not seem to affect playback.

All my other videos including huge 8GB plus MKV play back fine from these external USB hard drives with no stuttering.

The D90 Home Movies however are very choppy and seem to have a lock up freezing issue 9 out of 10 times.

I'm really not looking to convert these 100s of files to another format; However, if this is my only option please advise me on what software I should use and what output should be so I can still keep my 720P resolution and quality and be able to watch these clips on my WD TV Live.

It seems like a codec issue that needs to be fixed in the firmware.

If there is a solution to my issues please share your experiences and workarounds you have used.

The WD TV Live is connected via HDMI and is set to 1080p, not sure on the scan rate.

Thanks
Alex.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 05:17:15 PM by alexulan »