Author Topic: Low resolution on Samsung LE32A656 when using HDMI  (Read 1889 times)

November 26, 2009, 08:02:23 AM
Read 1889 times

Ligriv

I'm wondering if someone tested the WD-TV live with SAMSUNG LE32A656 LCD-TV using the HDMI interface.

For some reason I only get a low resolution of 720x480 when the WD-TV is set to AUTO and even if I select higher resolutions from the settings menu of the HDMI mode I still cannot get higher resolutions. If I use component output I can get them to work at 1080i.

I know for sure that the TV works fine in 1080p mode because I tested it using a Blue-Ray Samsung player connected via HDMI. I also know that the WD-TV is working fine because I could see it running at 1080p on my friend's SAMSUNG 40 inch LCD-TV, using my HDMI cable.

The only difference is that when I tested the BD player I had a different HDMI cable (at SAMSUNG service center). My cable is marked HDMI 1.3 - 10.62 Gbps. Could it not be "good enough" to work with my TV-set but "good enough" to work fine with my friend's TV ? My TV is listed as HDMI 1.3 compatible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

November 26, 2009, 01:07:09 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Try a different HDMI cable.  They are not all equal!  :)
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

November 27, 2009, 01:01:35 AM
Reply #2

Ligriv

In the mean time I've tried two more HDMI cables marked 1.3 with no better results on my TV. The same cables are working fine on my friend's TV, with my WD-TV live device.

Is there any difference between 1.3 and 1.3a cables ? Should I try with one 1.3a cable ?

If I'll buy one more HDMI cable I will end up paying more on cables than I payed for the WD-TV device itself. :(

Thanks, anyway.

November 27, 2009, 01:50:27 PM
Reply #3

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

July 20, 2010, 07:50:21 AM
Reply #5

samsung_lover