Author Topic: msheet not working  (Read 2030 times)

March 18, 2010, 12:47:28 PM
Read 2030 times

edzachary

hi eveyone

using a gen 1 wdtv i have installed the latest wdlxtv and have unzipped the msheet files to my hd containing all my movies and movie sheets generated by tvixie and named as wd_tv.jpg but nothing seems to be happening

i am but a dumb newbie so please be gentle....what am i doing wrong

March 18, 2010, 07:43:47 PM
Reply #1

dnicks

if you have a thumb drive, put the msheet files on that.
unplug wdtv
unplug hdd
plug in thumb drive
plug in wdtv
wait to load
plug in hdd
enjoy :)
*keep thumb plugged in

some people have their hdd's partitioned to allow the msheet files on there also.  i just use a thumb and use a usb hub for my hdd's

March 18, 2010, 09:16:24 PM
Reply #2

edzachary

hi dnicks thanks for your help...have done what you said but the usb is being scanned...being scanned....being scanned.....for ages....any ideas

March 19, 2010, 01:46:47 AM
Reply #3

Stevo1977

Try deleting the .wd_tv on the thumbdrive and replug it, the wdtv will recreate it.
It may have some corrupted contents. This had fixed my constant scanning issue.

Steve.

March 19, 2010, 05:01:45 AM
Reply #4

dadant_de

... or switch off media library and then on again.

March 19, 2010, 02:48:56 PM
Reply #5

edzachary

thanks you all for your help

im not sure which method worked but the scanning went ok...really only took a few seconds but nothing appears to have changed, should i have a different interface...i am running the latest wdlxtv and have my movies set up as for example movies-  hurt locker.avi
thumbnail named as folder.jpg(working ok) and movie sheet named as wd_tv.jpg...also have renamed a couple as hurtlocker_sheet .jpg but still nothing happening

any other ideas

March 19, 2010, 11:35:54 PM
Reply #6

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
thanks you all for your help

im not sure which method worked but the scanning went ok...really only took a few seconds but nothing appears to have changed, should i have a different interface...i am running the latest wdlxtv and have my movies set up as for example movies-  hurt locker.avi
thumbnail named as folder.jpg(working ok) and movie sheet named as wd_tv.jpg...also have renamed a couple as hurtlocker_sheet .jpg but still nothing happening

any other ideas
Is there a space in the name of your memory stick? If change the name to one without space (ex WDTV).
MSheet2.1.0
Visit titi.wdtv.free.fr. If you like the work I have done here, feel free to contribute...

March 20, 2010, 12:59:49 AM
Reply #7

edzachary

thank you but i have already tried that using the name usb...no spaces...also am using wdlxtv 0.5.7 as this seems to be the only one that i can use laurentg successfully with but would really love to get yours going

anything else i may have missed

cheers