Author Topic: WDTV LIVE Firmware Update 1.03.35 New ***  (Read 91330 times)

November 17, 2010, 05:36:17 PM
Reply #90

Visor

Are you talking about HDMI audio or SPDIF?

I'm talking about HDMI audio. 

Meanwhile, I found that navigating the menus is only slower in 24 fps mode.  60 fps mode is very fast.

November 18, 2010, 04:30:04 AM
Reply #91

latis

• XTCabandonware
It has to be a DVD ripped as an ISO, not a bunch of files/shows that you build an ISO with.
I don't think this is quite true. an ISO is not mandatory to get the dvd menu
When I open the file VIDEO_TS.VOB in the VIDEO_TS folder. I will get the DVD menu

November 18, 2010, 05:38:06 AM
Reply #92

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Sorry Latis.  You're right.  What I meant to say it that is has to come from a true DVD, not something build using such software as magicISO or such software.  BTW the DVD menu also works with ISOs made using ConvertXtoDVD and/or the VideoTS that it creates.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

November 18, 2010, 11:35:27 AM
Reply #93

Kasper090288

This upgrade is simply great. It solved all the problems I had playing matroska files.

Thanks a lot. Nice to see a company keeping up with updates. And a great forum as this one for support.

Regards Kasper

November 19, 2010, 07:20:00 PM
Reply #94

buggz

The firmware seems okay, but I'm still having problems with the unit not turning on. If I leave the unit turned off for lets say a day, it will not turn on via the remote. I have to physically disconnect the power cord, and then it will reboot and work as normal. I had the same problem with the beta firmwares. Am I alone in this? I may have to downgrade back to the last official release (which worked fine). :/

November 20, 2010, 05:42:57 AM
Reply #95

RavRob

• DeSpammer

It still hasn't prompted me for an upgrade.  Even when I force the unit to check for an update it says I have the latest.  In a way it great since I really don't want it.... :)
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

November 20, 2010, 09:41:05 AM
Reply #96

hamtaro

The firmware seems okay, but I'm still having problems with the unit not turning on. If I leave the unit turned off for lets say a day, it will not turn on via the remote. I have to physically disconnect the power cord, and then it will reboot and work as normal. I had the same problem with the beta firmwares. Am I alone in this? I may have to downgrade back to the last official release (which worked fine). :/
I am also having exactly the same problem, if I switch it off and immediately on, no  problem, but after one day or so, no way to switch it on, need to disconnect the power cord. I think this is a bug.

November 20, 2010, 12:13:08 PM
Reply #97

buggz

Try to set the unit the default (Restore Default) in the settings menu. It seems to have fixed the boot problem.

November 21, 2010, 04:20:59 AM
Reply #98

salov

WHS Network Problems...
After upgrading to the new firmware, I have problems to connect to my Windows Home Server Shares. It takes a long time to connect.

November 21, 2010, 11:20:10 AM
Reply #99

tunylund

After upgrading the network shares work randomly. Sometimes the connection cannot be made to my network nas. Sometimes wdtv live makes a connection but says cryptically "there's no media in the current folder". If I clear all login info I might be able to connect and even browse some folders but only very rarely am I able to select an actual video file before the whole thing freezes. Is there any way to downgrade to the earlier version? That worked more solidly except an occasional freeze every now and then.

August 22, 2011, 01:36:59 AM
Reply #100

jonea599

Thanks! There are lot of other tips in this forum.