Author Topic: WDTV LIVE Firmware Update 1.03.35 New ***  (Read 91500 times)

November 15, 2010, 10:57:59 PM
Reply #75

vmo23

Sometimes it's more than just replacing a number ;) http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdtvlive_1_03_43_V.zip

This one also was officially announced: http://community.wdc.com/t5/News-Announcements/WDTV-Live-Limited-Public-Beta-Firmware-Version-1-03-43-V-10-19/td-p/69098

This link seems to be down.

Where can we find a link for v1.03.43.  This header compression business is getting quite annoying.

November 16, 2010, 01:38:18 AM
Reply #76

txemix

Where can we find a link for v1.03.43.  This header compression business is getting quite annoying.

See last post in

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=7206.30

has a link to newer 1.03.49.

November 16, 2010, 11:01:23 AM
Reply #77

vmo23

See last post in

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=7206.30

has a link to newer 1.03.49.

Isn't that the newest firmware for the WDTV LIVE PLUS model?  I just have the wdtv live.  I thought there would have been a different firmware for each version of the product.

November 16, 2010, 11:15:36 AM
Reply #78

The Collector

Am I the only person who was prompted to update to 1.03.49_V on my WD Live box today?

November 16, 2010, 12:12:34 PM
Reply #79

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Sure looks like we are talking about 2 different things here.  1.03.49 seems to be for the Live+, not the Live.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

November 16, 2010, 12:16:27 PM
Reply #80

The Collector

Damn, you're right, sorry.  :(

November 16, 2010, 12:34:38 PM
Reply #81

latis

• XTCabandonware
Sure looks like we are talking about 2 different things here.  1.03.49 seems to be for the Live+, not the Live.
??
I don't get it, according to WD it is for the Live and not the Plus?
http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1003&lang=en
I see there Current Firmware - 1.03.49_V (11/2010)

So time for b-rad.cc to get his hands on this one, so we can have proper DVD menu structure on the homebrew ;D

November 16, 2010, 01:37:50 PM
Reply #82

vmo23

Am I the only person who was prompted to update to 1.03.49_V on my WD Live box today?

No!  I just received the same prompt.

Version 1.03.49_V:
Resolved Issues:
• Resolved HDMI negotiation issue found in previous firmware release.
• Resolved HDMI auto resolution selection issue.
• Resolved HDMI Video Output - 24Hz and 50Hz modes not working.
• Resolved HDMI screen flicker issue.
• Resolved playback issues related to mkvmerge.
• Improved thumbnail caching.
• Resolved MP4 problems with seeking and audio stopping.
• Resolved MP4 poor frame-rate and audio out of sync.
• Resolved File Share group name – No longer requires all group names to be the same. (Reset to factory defaults required)
• Resolved various user interface translation issues.
• Added Mediafly application.
• Added DVD Navigation support.
• Added .MOV chapter support.
• Added wireless adaptor support for ASUS USB-N13.
• Added security when mounting a network share on password protected local drives.
• Resolved aspect ratio issues.
• Resolved subtitle encoding for Big 5.
• Resolved resume remembering previous audio selection.
• Resolved IDX +_SUB positioning issue causing video freeze.
• Resolved PGS subtitle becoming frozen while using the delay function.
• Resolved Network share intermittent detection issue.
• Resolved undetectable 4TB My Book.
• Resolved large capacity video file (.ts) unable to play issue.
• Resolved DVR-MS video stops when fast forward at 6x.
• Resolved Buffalo G300N not enumerating.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:43:51 PM by vmo23 »

November 16, 2010, 02:54:47 PM
Reply #83

RavRob

• DeSpammer

I just tried to force an update on mine and it tells me it is up to date.  However, it happened in the past that a beta was leaked as an update.  This could be it again.  It was removed just as fast as it was leaked.

UPDATE: I just checked and it is on their site.  Not sure why it is not prompting to update.
WDTV Live
DLink - Dir-655 Router

November 16, 2010, 04:50:07 PM
Reply #84

pitokhato

I just got prompted for firmware upgrade
Upgraded the firmware without any issues.  I love it.  It seems most of ther bugs fixed and added some new features.

Thanks WD TV live team.

Keep up the good work.

November 16, 2010, 05:39:08 PM
Reply #85

Okeemike

Can some please explain to me how the DVD menuing is supposed to work?  If I use a .iso, I receive an error stating that the format isn't supported. If I extract the folders from the disk, I can get the menus to come up, but. Cannot navigate. (note: I am using a DVD of a TV show, with multiple episodes on one disk)

Am I misunderstanding what WD means by DVD support?

November 16, 2010, 05:52:11 PM
Reply #86

RavRob

• DeSpammer

It has to be a DVD ripped as an ISO, not a bunch of files/shows that you build an ISO with.
WDTV Live
DLink - Dir-655 Router

November 16, 2010, 06:09:21 PM
Reply #87

meri

I just downloaded the new firmware and everything seems to as before. My biggest problem was that it always played the video at 1080P 60hz if selected on HDMI (auto) instead of playing the video at original resolution it is saved in. It is still doing the same. Please help me if there is any setting for this. I want this device to play the original resolution the video is recorded on whether it is 480, 720 or 1080. The reason for this is that I have DVDO Edge and I want edge to do the video processing if the video is less than 1080P as it does the best processing. Please someone help

November 16, 2010, 06:34:16 PM
Reply #88

Visor

Confirmed; when I got home today, my WD TV Live (non-"plus") had a new firmware notification for version 1_03_49_V.  I've installed it and have some initial findings (note that I haven't played with any of the beta firmware releases, so some of this may be have been present previously).  BTW, I'm using Mezzmo Media Server running off Windows 7, and currently have things hooked up via 100 mb Ethernet through a Belkin router.

• There are no longer separate choices for 23.976 and 24 fps.  That said, after watching 5 minutes worth of a 23.976 mkv file, I've yet to detect any stuttering.
  • Navigating through the menus is somewhat slower.
  • Dolby Digital and DTS audio material is still ~100 ms off when playing in 24 fps mode.  (At least I have a receiver that features an audio delay adjustment).
  • The new addition of the "Internet Media" option (containing only a "Mediafly" choice) between the Video and Settings options is a little annoying.
  • The "RGB Full" option when selecting 1080p/24 doesn't seem to be working properly, as the background has distinctive color banding.  This doesn't appear when switching to 1080p/60.
  • The Cancel/Resume options have changed to Restart/Resume.  I'd still prefer to see the default option changed to 'Resume', as if I accidentally press Enter here, I will lose my bookmark.  If I accidentally pressed Enter on the 'Resume' option, it's no harm, no foul.
  • Switching from 8-bit to 12-bit color produces a loud buzzing noise from my speakers.
  • If a movie file is corrupt, the unit will alert you that a fatal error has occured and will reboot the unit.  This may fix the issue with corrupt files causing all other movies to hang at the spinning wheel until the unit is unplugged.
  • Here's one I discovered by accident... when watching 60 fps SD video material in 24 fps mode, the unit now performs a surprisingly good job at conversion.  It doesn't judder anywhere near as badly as before... playback is actually relatively smooth.  There's still a loss in resolution, but I'm surprised to see that the unit can actually produce this kind of result.  I'd still prefer to manually switch over to 60 fps mode, but I thought this was worth mentioning.

November 16, 2010, 08:18:50 PM
Reply #89

RoofingGuy

• Dolby Digital and DTS audio material is still ~100 ms off when playing in 24 fps mode.  (At least I have a receiver that features an audio delay adjustment).

Are you talking about HDMI audio or SPDIF?

If you're talking HDMI, then yes, it would count as a bug... the HDMI signal is supposed contain the proper delay to keep audio and video synced up.

But if you're talking Optical/Toslink, then this is just a known limitation of SPDIF (and is why the receivers have adjustable delay to begin with).