Author Topic: 'Folder Empty' issue, can't seem to resolve!?  (Read 1006 times)

July 02, 2010, 03:24:40 PM
Read 1006 times

LordBarker

Hi all,have read through similar problems on here but can't seem to fix my issue. Had the Gen 1 WDTV and external WD 1TD essentials disk running great for about 3 weeks, all of a sudden the HDD stopped being read properly. I have checked on my P.C and all movies are there, folders intact etc. but I keep getting 'folder empty' messages on the WDTV.
I am running customer f/ware WDLXTV-0.5.8.1 and was all working perfectly until today. I have tried to reset the system and still get the same result and have disable media library - still same issue.
When I plug an old 320gb hard disk it it runs fine, why am I having the issues with the larger drive? Trying to ascertain whther it's the exernal disk of the unit itself.
Any help greatly appreciated!

July 02, 2010, 06:53:24 PM
Reply #1

mrggutz

I get that problem to sometimes but all i do is unplug the wdtv and wait about 10s and plug it back up and let it reboot and it rescans the hdd and works fine.

July 14, 2010, 01:42:05 PM
Reply #2

trevagreene

I get the same. as per the previous post, I usually disconnect the power and plug back in.  A fix would be nice, but it isnt a major problem for me.