Author Topic: sub file instead embedded  (Read 3256 times)

July 02, 2010, 12:25:45 AM
Read 3256 times

terzer

hello, yesterday i bought WD HD gen2, i'm very happy, its wonderful! but i have a problem. i have a sub file with subtitles in my language, but the movie mkv with dts has embedded subtitles. and it plays them instead the sub file. i tried to switch off the subs, but then there are no subtitles.
how can i watch the movie only with the sub file? i don't want to edit the mkv on my computer, 12-13gb conversion will take hours...
Thanks!

p.s. i tried other movies, without embedded subtitles, the subs are on.

July 02, 2010, 01:00:38 AM
Reply #1

bypeimpaips

• Personal Text
    http://wpblogs.co.tv/decorhome/?p=19
is there a way or program to encode or convert movie and srt or sub file into one single avi?

July 08, 2010, 02:28:19 PM
Reply #2

AyDee

Use MKVmergeGUI included in MKVtoolnix. You can add and take away subs (audios too) and it doesn't re-encode, just re-packages so it's very quick.

July 15, 2010, 07:18:40 AM
Reply #3

terzer

Use MKVmergeGUI included in MKVtoolnix. You can add and take away subs (audios too) and it doesn't re-encode, just re-packages so it's very quick.
hhmmmm, thanks, i tried, but when i play the new mkv, there are no subtitles and no audio. but on my pc everything is fine. its a problem with the wd player.
thanks!

EDIT: IMPORTANT FOR OTHER USERS WITH SIMILAR PROBLEM! i solved the problem! i used simple sub to srt converter. now the subtitles are working!
Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 08:10:39 AM by terzer »

July 19, 2010, 01:32:10 PM
Reply #4

chadok

how did you manage to do it? did you convert a srt file to sub or viceversa? did you have to extract the subtitles first from the mkv?
pleaselet me know step by stpe, thank you very much1