Author Topic: WD TV Live iPhone Remote Control Application  (Read 5569 times)

June 25, 2010, 12:19:00 PM
Read 5569 times

arielyz

Hey,
I've been looking around for a iPhone application that will allow me to use my iPhone to control WDTV. Basically, I found it much easier choosing movies, songs, etc from the iPhone compared to navigating with the remote control.
Well... I didn't really find what I was after so me and my friend decided to develop one on our own. For now, it's just for iPhone as we are both proud owners of iPhone and WDTV...
The application browses your network UPnP devices (not locally attached storage, Samba or NTFS) and allows you to play Videos, Music, Photos, or even SHOUTcasrt Radio!
You can have a look at http://www.wdtvremote.com/
Feature requests, feedbacks, etc are most welcome!. It is already available on the AppStore.I'll be uploading more screenshots of the app to the site shortly.

Ariel

June 25, 2010, 01:54:29 PM
Reply #1

extremedigital

Hi Arielyz, you would get more interest in this if you post in custom firmware section.

'just got it off apple app store, gonna test and post my results..

Congrats on working on a remote specially for the wdtv...have used plugplayer and xbmc remote so i be really interested to see how this compares..just got it off apple app store, gonna test and post my results..

Congrats on working on a remote specially for the wdtv...have used plugplayer and xbmc remote so i be really interested to see how this compares..'

Already like what i see esp the Shoutcast feature...look forward to you guys adding more online streams like youtube direct from the remote !! in fact if you use something like twonkybeam as your example i see no reason why your remote cannot push using upnp any media directly from a web browser ?

i have been waiting for an app like this...

next thing you should add is the ability to show folder.jpg and moviesheet info when you are browsing your library (xbmc has a function that allows you to read the nfo file) but since the standard for wdtv is the moviesheet jpg then as long as u load this when you browse a folder that would be amazing

June 26, 2010, 08:49:55 AM
Reply #2

delphiguru

Can i play / view list movie of internal USB HardDisk ? ( No shared network )