Author Topic: LAURENT G APP HELP  (Read 2712 times)

June 19, 2010, 12:03:22 AM
Read 2712 times

22oakdene

HELLO,
I AM LOOKING FOR HELP WITH THE LAURENT G APP.
I AM NEW TO THE WDTV CUSTOMISATION. I HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED BRADS FIRMWARE WHICH WORKED FINE.
I HAVE ALSO INSTALLED THE MOVIE SHEET GENERATOR ON MY LAPTOP AND HAS WORKED NO PROBLEM ALSO.

ITS THE MIDDLE PART I CANT GET TO WORK.

AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND, I HAVE REFORMETTED BY USB STICK INTO FAT32, UNZIPPED THE LAURENTG FILES ONTO THE STICK AND PUT IT IN THE MEDIA PLAYER AND REMOVED POWER AND RESTARTED AGAIN AND AGAIN - NOTHING HAPPENS.
I HAVE ALSO TRIED PUTTING THE LAURENTG FILES ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE [WHERE ALL MY MOVIE FILES ARE], I AM NOT SURE HOW THIS DRIVE HAS BEEN FORMATTED BUT IT CANNOT BE REFORMATTED AS IT HAS ALL THE MOVIES.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED.

NOTE, I HAVE READ LOTS AND LOTS OF POSTS ON THIS BUT CANNOT FIND ANYTHING HELPFUL

THANKS, MARK

June 19, 2010, 08:33:19 PM
Reply #1

KAD

• WDLXTV Eye Candy OSD

FIRST UNCAPS LOCK!! it's the equivellent of shouting when everything is caps

Laurent G app is not compatible with WDTV Live, or gen2 or live+
Laurent G app is only compatible with wdtv gen1

if you have a gen1 box, check out that section of the forum, on the other hand if you have a live or gen2, msheet is already built into the firmware, no additional app.bin needed

KAD

June 20, 2010, 07:05:20 AM
Reply #2

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

the LaurentG app is old and while it worked very well a year ago, it is dated now and only works with the original wdtv as stated, MSheet by titi is the new app to use for movie sheets, it's way more configurable and works in more than one way..
homepage:
Code: [Select]
http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/editing the LaurentG.conf.txt is the hardest part of getting it to work, read through it and it should be clear enough if you still want to use it..
if you have trouble, post back, someone will surely be able to help you edit it..

as for making the sheets, ThumbGen is more configurable and does more than movie sheet generator.
plus you extract it to a folder and run it, no installation required which is a huge strike against MSG in my opinion..
hompage:
http://thumbgen.tk/
Cheers
You laugh because Iím different, I laugh because youíre all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=

June 20, 2010, 12:04:07 PM
Reply #3

KAD

• WDLXTV Eye Candy OSD

actually msheet by titi has already been incorporated in the lasted custom firware available, no need for msheet app bin, just configure the settings via custom-options file included with the firmware download
KAD

June 20, 2010, 04:46:39 PM
Reply #4

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

yup and it works great!

I was just adding some info in case they had a gen1 and posted in the wrong section by mistake  ;)

namaste

June 21, 2010, 05:48:20 AM
Reply #5

22oakdene

Thanks for the responses to both of you [Note CAPS is off !!, no shouting, I just like caps]

How do I know if i have a first gen media player ?
Also, I have downloaded the thumbgen and I am comfortable with using it.

With regards to the MSG by TiTi would this not be applicable if I do have a first Gen meida player ?
If I can use it what am I downloading ?, all of the files ? [image attached]

Thanks,

June 21, 2010, 02:45:34 PM
Reply #6

KAD

• WDLXTV Eye Candy OSD

well the easiest way is,

Do you have an Eithernet port?
yes = Gen2, live, or live plus
no = Gen1

you can also look in the tools/system settings, there should be under system info, "about" and it will show the name of the player you have.

it's probably best to make sure which version you have before doing anything else

KAD

June 22, 2010, 11:07:51 PM
Reply #7

22oakdene

I have a first gen player for sure.
How / What do i download now [image attached on previous post], I assume this still applies or should I be heading in a differnet direction with regards to custom firmware as its a frst gen ?

Thanks.

June 23, 2010, 10:29:31 AM
Reply #8

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

for the first gen, you will need;
wdlxtv 0.5.8.1 (the custom firmware)
Msheet or LaurentG app (for displaying movie sheets)

If I recall, that should be it to display the movie sheets, then it's your choice of programs and templates for the movie sheets themselves..

do yourself a favor and pickup a cheap USB network adapter as the possibilities and features grow with having it - there is a list somewhere of compatible chip sets..
I think it's here;
http://wiki.wdtv.org/doku.php?id=supported_usb_devices

if you get a USB network adapter you will be interested in the ftp app, samba app and the webserver app and addons..

namaste