Author Topic: Some subtitles in m2ts not shown  (Read 3364 times)

June 17, 2010, 12:41:41 AM
Read 3364 times

gonda

After downloading mkv file, I demux it using tsMuxer. Then using the same program, I multiplex video, audio and added subtitle (srt format) into m2ts file. During playback some subtitles are not displayed, usually 5 - 6 from 1,000 or more. There are no errors in srt file (overlapping, too long or too short lines, etc.).
I am using WD TV Live HD Media Player, Firmware ver. 1.02.21

June 20, 2010, 12:00:15 PM
Reply #1

KAD

• WDLXTV Eye Candy OSD

have you tried playing the file on a computer or other device to see if the missing lines are displayed?

you could also extra your sub file and make sure the missing lines are actually in the file, if not, there's programs that will let you add them back in

KAD

June 21, 2010, 05:23:10 AM
Reply #2

gonda

Hi KAD,
thanks for your reply. It seems to me that for certain file types (in this case m2ts with internal subtitles) WD TV Live cannot prevail when  several subtitles in a row have a short interval time (1 ms) between them, and it looks like it drops one of them for that reason. Namely, the external subtitle with the very same srt file runs OK. When I expand the interval time from 1 to 100 ms, the problem does not exist any more. Also, after burning the same m2ts file to a DVD-R  (AVCHD format) and playing in a standalone blu ray player, the problem also does not exist.

June 21, 2010, 10:11:40 AM
Reply #3

KAD

• WDLXTV Eye Candy OSD

sounds like you've discovered a new bug, regarding subtitles and m2ts files

KAD

July 25, 2010, 04:50:20 AM
Reply #4

Kalekulan

This is not a bug. M2TS-files (which you make in TSMuxer etc.) does not support subtitles. I've tried on my computer and it does not support it.
I don't know how they do when they make Blu-rays but this one does not support it.