Author Topic: New Prerelase firmware v1.03.22  (Read 42255 times)

June 20, 2010, 07:39:28 AM
Reply #60

Browneye9000

Using a Buffalo Linkstation ProDuo NAS
Windows Vista
DVD Fab and Handbrake

This update does not work for me.  VOB files hang amost immediately and mkv files hang after a while.  Previous firmare official version 1.02.21 did not work either.  VOB's would hang at random times but would usually play for a little while.  I have had to revert back to 1.01.24 which is the best firmware version for my setup.

I am considering just going to a Western Digital 2TB My Book Essential USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive because people with NAS's just seem to have more issues.

Can anyone tell me whether this is a good plan or not?  If not, I imagine there are several questions people would have to ask to get my current system working properly with the most recent firmware versions.

June 20, 2010, 02:05:24 PM
Reply #61

fabio1

Seems that there is a bug in this pre-release: I canīt seem to be able to play 5.1 sound over hdmi after installing this firmware. I have a couple of .mkv movies and tv series and all of them donīt play any sound, unless I go to the video/audio options and force it to convert the sound from digital to stereo.

DVD menu is great, but they need to fix this issue with sound before an official release. I went back to 1.02.21 for now.

June 21, 2010, 07:23:58 AM
Reply #62

PCKid

[/quote]
I use toast too. Are you using the "VIDEO_TS Folders" option in the video section of Toast? Then Save As Disc Image, and then rename *.iso instead of *.toast? That works for me (OTOH, I have a lot of DVDs which don't work, all from the same box set so I suspect there are still some holes in WDTV DVD menu support).
You can just use the VIDEO_TS folder as well. You don't have to convert it to an iso. I use both methods but prefer the iso because it keeps everything in one file. The DVDs I have which don't work won't work either as an iso, or as  video ts folders, so the conversion to iso isn't the problem in my case.
[/quote]

Thanks I finally got it working. Taking your advice I used Toast and the VIDEO_TS Folders option. Works perfectly. Even can have a jpg to match. Hooray. Tried to do ALien from a Boxed set. Wouldn't have a bar of it even with Mac The Ripper and Handbrake both of which have never had a problem. Odd as it is quite an old boxed set at least 9 years old so the protection should be pretty easy to rip. Even rebooted into Windows 7 on my iMac and tried DVDecrypter and DVDFab latest and they couldn't do it either. Really weird.

June 21, 2010, 11:27:00 AM
Reply #63

timw

Thanks I finally got it working. Taking your advice I used Toast and the VIDEO_TS Folders option. Works perfectly. Even can have a jpg to match. Hooray. Tried to do ALien from a Boxed set. Wouldn't have a bar of it even with Mac The Ripper and Handbrake both of which have never had a problem. Odd as it is quite an old boxed set at least 9 years old so the protection should be pretty easy to rip. Even rebooted into Windows 7 on my iMac and tried DVDecrypter and DVDFab latest and they couldn't do it either. Really weird.
I don't have that DVD so I can't try for you, but I like Ripit:http://thelittleappfactory.com/ripit/. Of course, Handbrake is cheaper...
MakeMKV (http://www.makemkv.com/) is good, too, but it doen't retain the menus.

June 22, 2010, 04:43:45 AM
Reply #64

pointebec

I tried to download this pre-release firmware Beta v1.03.22
to no avail. I think they have already removed it. I would appreciate if somebody can tell me where I can find it. Thanks!

June 23, 2010, 02:51:43 AM
Reply #65

fabio1

hint: search google for wdtvlive_1.03.22.zip

I tried to download this pre-release firmware Beta v1.03.22
to no avail. I think they have already removed it. I would appreciate if somebody can tell me where I can find it. Thanks!

June 25, 2010, 10:25:28 AM
Reply #66

beatmaster

I did solve my network-problem with smb!
and by doing so, it might help some others, dlink-users to be specific.
it seems that dlink-routers with usb port or included harddisk do not allow a change of the workgroup-name.
it uses the standardname WORKGROUP, despite all other settings.
give a feedback if it does work for you, so we’ll know if it sticks.

sry @whoheart, you knew better ;)
WDTV LIVE Hub - MacBookPro 2010 - Dlink DIR 685 (500GB) - PLEXnine/Playback on Snow Leopard

July 09, 2010, 07:10:02 AM
Reply #67

rajwdhdlive

I upgraded to this software version and everything has been good until now, suddenly when i press FFW or REW or even backup the damn thing does not respond at all. It takes a few minutes to actually accept the command so im not happy with it!!

July 09, 2010, 07:38:51 AM
Reply #68

nhawk

The new firmware often goes to completely black screen and remote makes no difference.  Even powering it off via remote does not help (it does power down).  When it powers back it's still black.

The only way out has been to do hard power down.
Went back to 1.02.21 after about a week of 1.03.22 and now I have another strange issue on both with the new Elements SE 1TB drive.
It seems that if I pause the movie and then come back only 5mins later, it takes a few seconds to restart (seems like Elements SE 1TB goes to sleep very quickly)