Author Topic: New Prerelase firmware v1.03.22  (Read 42186 times)

June 13, 2010, 11:32:27 AM
Reply #45

norm

Tried with an ISO created from a DVD and menu navigation worked well. Also tried with an ISO made from a Bluray some time ago but it says the file cannot be played. (Only got 1 Bluray.) Anyone got the menu navigation to work with a Bluray ISO or are they not supported?

June 13, 2010, 02:21:16 PM
Reply #46

Whoheart

Tried with an ISO created from a DVD and menu navigation worked well. Also tried with an ISO made from a Bluray some time ago but it says the file cannot be played. (Only got 1 Bluray.) Anyone got the menu navigation to work with a Bluray ISO or are they not supported?

They are not supported. And according to WD wont be because the Live doesn't have the computer power to do it.
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

June 13, 2010, 06:53:19 PM
Reply #47

mot1857

I uploaded firmware v1.03.22 but volume was gone. I rebooted unit multiple time but didn't work. Had to go back to v1.02 version.  >:( ???

June 16, 2010, 05:34:42 AM
Reply #48

PCKid

Must be doing something wrong. I ripped an old DVD using Mac the Ripper (like dvdcrypter on the PC). Then used Toast Titanium ( like Nero on the PC) to make an iso of the Video_TS Folder. But the WD TV Live didn't like it. Should I have dragged the contents of the Video TS Folder into Toast? All I did was drag the Folder itself in with all the files in it. Anyone who's got this new feature working with a complete DVD structure as an iso could you please detail how you did it.

June 16, 2010, 10:43:25 AM
Reply #49

Whoheart

Must be doing something wrong. I ripped an old DVD using Mac the Ripper (like dvdcrypter on the PC). Then used Toast Titanium ( like Nero on the PC) to make an iso of the Video_TS Folder. But the WD TV Live didn't like it. Should I have dragged the contents of the Video TS Folder into Toast? All I did was drag the Folder itself in with all the files in it. Anyone who's got this new feature working with a complete DVD structure as an iso could you please detail how you did it.

The DVD has to be made as a video DVD and not a data dvd, then its just files on a disk.
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

June 17, 2010, 03:54:39 AM
Reply #50

PCKid

The DVD has to be made as a video DVD and not a data dvd, then its just files on a disk.

Sorry still not getting it. A DVD is just data files in a Video TS folder. Are you saying just leave the folder as it is and that will work? In other words just copy the ripped folder over, rename the folder to the movie name and click on it and it will work? That's how the Popcorn Hour does it. So how do you make a DVD a Video DVD yet still retain the Video TS folder?

June 17, 2010, 07:51:54 AM
Reply #51

Jimble

PC Kid

If your on a mac, you can make an ISO from the disc utility.

Open disk utility then go to File > New > Disk image from folder. then navigate to your TS Folder. when it's processed rename the file to ISO and that should work.

June 17, 2010, 08:39:04 AM
Reply #52

Flexuor

Freeze problem

Sometimes with the beta firmware, I'll put a video on pause, switch to another HDMI input on the TV, and watch regular TV for a while.  When I switch back to the WDTV Live HDMI port after say a half hour, all there is is a black screen.  The only solution appears to be to reboot the WDTV Live, as no remote keys seem to have any effect.

June 17, 2010, 09:04:42 AM
Reply #53

timw

Sorry still not getting it. A DVD is just data files in a Video TS folder. Are you saying just leave the folder as it is and that will work? In other words just copy the ripped folder over, rename the folder to the movie name and click on it and it will work? That's how the Popcorn Hour does it. So how do you make a DVD a Video DVD yet still retain the Video TS folder?
I use toast too. Are you using the "VIDEO_TS Folders" option in the video section of Toast? Then Save As Disc Image, and then rename *.iso instead of *.toast? That works for me (OTOH, I have a lot of DVDs which don't work, all from the same box set so I suspect there are still some holes in WDTV DVD menu support).
You can just use the VIDEO_TS folder as well. You don't have to convert it to an iso. I use both methods but prefer the iso because it keeps everything in one file. The DVDs I have which don't work won't work either as an iso, or as  video ts folders, so the conversion to iso isn't the problem in my case.

June 17, 2010, 04:12:24 PM
Reply #54

Whoheart

I was saying there is a difference between a "data dvd" and a "video dvd" - but I don't have a mac, so can't advise on what you do.

June 19, 2010, 11:55:05 AM
Reply #55

palomo

Pre Release Doesn't Work with Network Shares

I updated my WDTV Live to pre-release 1.03.22 and now it doesn't recognize my NAS (a WD MyWorld 4TB) as a Network Share.

The network connection is fine, YouTube is fine, the unit also sees my NAS as a Media Share and is able to play audio and video files from it, however as a Network Share (the only way to play ISO files), it doesn't seem to see the NAS at all.

I had to downgrade the FW, and is now working fine again.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

June 19, 2010, 05:36:34 PM
Reply #56

beatmaster

WDTV LIVE Hub - MacBookPro 2010 - Dlink DIR 685 (500GB) - PLEXnine/Playback on Snow Leopard

June 19, 2010, 06:28:22 PM
Reply #57

Whoheart

I experienced the share problem until I made sure the workgroup name was the same.

June 19, 2010, 07:00:37 PM
Reply #58

beatmaster

allready in place, no good.  :(
WDTV LIVE Hub - MacBookPro 2010 - Dlink DIR 685 (500GB) - PLEXnine/Playback on Snow Leopard

June 20, 2010, 12:55:27 AM
Reply #59

PCKid

I use toast too. Are you using the "VIDEO_TS Folders" option in the video section of Toast? Then Save As Disc Image, and then rename *.iso instead of *.toast? That works for me (OTOH, I have a lot of DVDs which don't work, all from the same box set so I suspect there are still some holes in WDTV DVD menu support).
You can just use the VIDEO_TS folder as well. You don't have to convert it to an iso. I use both methods but prefer the iso because it keeps everything in one file. The DVDs I have which don't work won't work either as an iso, or as  video ts folders, so the conversion to iso isn't the problem in my case.
[/quote]

No hadn't tried the Video_TS Folder option in Toast. But will try copying the TS folder onto my drive, rename it to the movie name and try that. That will do me. It's still only one file in a sense as it is a folder. Presumably you just click on the folder to launch it. Will it accept a matching jpg Movie poster to keep it looking neat?