Author Topic: New Prerelase firmware v1.03.22  (Read 42183 times)

June 10, 2010, 02:53:19 PM
Reply #30

Flexuor

We don't want 4D, we want 4G!

Seriously though... throw an HD Fury 2 on this thing and you're golden.

June 10, 2010, 05:29:36 PM
Reply #31

454SS

wow this pre - release is certainly hurting. 1080 looks like junk , time to roll back. DVD nav isnt worth these sacrifices

June 10, 2010, 09:44:59 PM
Reply #32

timw

Mine still hasn't seen my Synology DS409slim despite waiting overnight.
The key seems to be to make the domains match, clear the saved logins, and (the bit that caught me out) turn off auto-login until after the first successful connection.
And now it's gone again, and no amount of fiddling with domain names, clearing saved info, resetting is working. Time to roll back for me, too.

June 11, 2010, 04:38:04 AM
Reply #33

soya

Hey guys !

This new beta firmware supports keyboards (wired & wireless bluetooth & non-bluetooth) ! Why didn't they mention it in the release notes ??  ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PuowuTqxCc

June 11, 2010, 04:56:10 AM
Reply #34

Whoheart

Hey guys !

This new beta firmware supports keyboards (wired & wireless bluetooth & non-bluetooth) ! Why didn't they mention it in the release notes ??  ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PuowuTqxCc

Because it doesn't. But they are working on it.
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

June 11, 2010, 04:58:23 AM
Reply #35

soya

It does work  ::) What's the point of my video  ;D Typing letters in Youtube search etc does work also !

June 11, 2010, 05:53:26 AM
Reply #36

Whoheart

It does work  ::) What's the point of my video  ;D Typing letters in Youtube search etc does work also !

Guy said everything wasn't working yet which is why they didn't list it.
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

June 11, 2010, 07:37:34 AM
Reply #37

Artz

Someone mentioned that they fixed oversaturation of movie thumbnails.
Can someone who installed the beta confirm that?

Also, is the resolution of thumbnails better or is it still crappy 120x180 pixels?

June 11, 2010, 10:02:53 AM
Reply #38

Whoheart

Someone mentioned that they fixed oversaturation of movie thumbnails.
Can someone who installed the beta confirm that?

I can confirm other people have mentioned it :)  But since I've never been able to see the problem i can't confirm it for you.

Also, is the resolution of thumbnails better or is it still crappy 120x180 pixels?

Yep, and small fonts in the interface.

June 11, 2010, 10:33:35 AM
Reply #39

schnoid

hmm, when I updated to the new beta firmware, all my folder thumbnail images stopped showing up. I even tried reverting back to a previous firmware and it still won't show up. Anyone have any ideas? I also just tried go back to factory default settings. That didn't help either.

June 11, 2010, 11:09:47 AM
Reply #40

Artz

hmm, when I updated to the new beta firmware, all my folder thumbnail images stopped showing up. I even tried reverting back to a previous firmware and it still won't show up. Anyone have any ideas? I also just tried go back to factory default settings. That didn't help either.

Try to erase hidden wdtv folder on your drives and let it rebuild the database.

June 11, 2010, 11:50:49 AM
Reply #41

sleeps

just upgraded. thumbnails are fine, i have folder.jpg from the beginning, and each movie in its separate folder. menu was slow, and i just wanted to see if DTS will work over HDMI in 12bit mode. unfortunately, no. :( Then i did hard reset, paper clip reset, and now, i have third option under sound settings, Digital  without sound on HDMI. Also, menu is a lot faster.

Any way, my problem is still there. I know i had DTS over HDMI, and who knows when, i switched from 8bit to 12bit color mode, and now, whatever i do, upgrade, downgrade, custom firmware, any previous version of firmware, i do not have it. Toslink works great, but nothing over HDMI.

June 11, 2010, 12:38:35 PM
Reply #42

schnoid

well, its not exactly the solution i wanted, but I reverted back to the old firmware and then reapplied b-rad's homebrew firmware, and suddenly it all works again. I don't get DVD menus anymore obviously, but I'd rather have than the icons than the dvd menus. I guess I'll hold off on upgrading until B-rad creates a new custom firmware.

June 11, 2010, 12:49:18 PM
Reply #43

Artz

well, its not exactly the solution i wanted, but I reverted back to the old firmware and then reapplied b-rad's homebrew firmware, and suddenly it all works again. I don't get DVD menus anymore obviously, but I'd rather have than the icons than the dvd menus. I guess I'll hold off on upgrading until B-rad creates a new custom firmware.

You could tried that. It will not erase everything. It will quickly recreate the database.

June 12, 2010, 10:09:31 PM
Reply #44

timw

Mine still hasn't seen my Synology DS409slim despite waiting overnight.
The key seems to be to make the domains match, clear the saved logins, and (the bit that caught me out) turn off auto-login until after the first successful connection.
And now it's gone again, and no amount of fiddling with domain names, clearing saved info, resetting is working. Time to roll back for me, too.
I've found the problem. You need at least one machine on the network which is prepared to become the Master Browser. Generally, I access my NAS from Linux, or OS-X, and they use NFS, or AFP. I think the WDTV needs the capability to work in the absence of a Master Browser, or be prepared to become one itself, possibly as a user preference (since this ability is probably what was causing other people problems before).