Author Topic: New Prerelase firmware v1.03.22  (Read 42206 times)

June 09, 2010, 05:17:37 PM
Reply #15

rokr

Don't install it... Plays everything in 1080p60 8bit(no 1080p23, no 1080p24, no 12bit)!
They really screwed this up ;D

June 09, 2010, 06:42:27 PM
Reply #16

PCKid

Don't install it... Plays everything in 1080p60 8bit(no 1080p23, no 1080p24, no 12bit)!
They really screwed this up ;D

Plays in 12bit 1080p/24 fine for me. Good update. Mediafly is a bit hit and miss when playing a video file but I guess all of a sudden everyone who has one of these is testing it out.

June 09, 2010, 06:43:29 PM
Reply #17

PCKid

Does this mean thay you can rip a DVD as an ISO and it will play as if there was a DVD disc inserted ala Popcorn Hour?

June 09, 2010, 07:02:36 PM
Reply #18

Whoheart

Does this mean thay you can rip a DVD as an ISO and it will play as if there was a DVD disc inserted ala Popcorn Hour?

That seems to be the goal - how well it works remains to be tested ;)
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

June 09, 2010, 07:03:47 PM
Reply #19

Whoheart

Under MediaFly/Media Plugins - there is a selection called "Home Videos" - but if i select it I just get a 'no media found' message - anybody seeing something else?

If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

June 09, 2010, 07:55:21 PM
Reply #20

Dion

-NO VOLUME CONTROL ADDED

-NO GRAPHIC EQUALIZER ADDED

-NO BRIGHTNESS-CONTRAST-SATURATION setting ADDED

these features were ...really needed ....other players like Patriot Box office have 'em

WD TV LIVE ....must definitly have them....do implement ..these features ..!!

and Please do take notice i have only mentioned those FEATURES which have been duly Acknowledged by the WD TV ..team ..in the IDEAS LAB ......

If you wanted those features you should have bought the Patriot Box instead of the WDTV.  Kinda your own fault.

June 09, 2010, 08:54:41 PM
Reply #21

schnoid

EXACTLY the issue I had. I was just going to recommend changing the workgroup name, but I saw you figured it out already. After I changed mine to match my desktop it found the network share in seconds.

I do have some other comments/complaints though:

1) seems slower to scroll through my directories/files. The loading icon comes up and starts moving if I start scrolling too fast. This never happened before.
2) DVD menus work awesome! I do appreciate that you guys at WD added this. Now add search.  :)
3) Most importantly, None of the icons on the folders show up anymore.  :(  This was a REALLY huge thing for me and even after rebooting a few times it doesn't work. Please help!

Yes it does, however I may have determined the problem (or perhaps enough time passed and they found each other).

But the workgroup names weren't the same - this has never matterd before, but when i edited the name the WDTV Live they found each other, if this is because it matters now or because it restarted its network code I don't know.

Well see in the next few days :)

June 09, 2010, 10:08:36 PM
Reply #22

timw

Yes it does, however I may have determined the problem (or perhaps enough time passed and they found each other).

But the workgroup names weren't the same - this has never matterd before, but when i edited the name the WDTV Live they found each other, if this is because it matters now or because it restarted its network code I don't know.

Well see in the next few days :)
Mine still hasn't seen my Synology DS409slim despite waiting overnight. The workgroup names are the same and I've even tried changing them to something else (but the same as each other) to see if that kicked it into life but so far, no joy.
I'm getting DVD menu envy - all my DVD isos are on the Synology and the DVD menu doesn't work from a media streamer.
The Mediafly addition is most welcome but I may have to rollback if I can't see my network shares 8^(.

June 09, 2010, 11:34:17 PM
Reply #23

Leverbrus

Does this update finally fix the really annoying audio sync issues on optical out?

June 10, 2010, 04:24:24 AM
Reply #24

Whoheart

There should be some sort of resume on the media fly plugin shows.

I was looking at a Twit show (who thinks of these names  ;D ) and accidentaly hit the remote after having watched 30 minutes, and it jumped back to the menu - going back I did get asked if i wanted to resume, but it didn't work. It started over.

So what did I do?

Got out and downloaded the vodcast and view that from a share instead - sort of obviates the whole point of having streaming on demand, eh?

June 10, 2010, 07:35:43 AM
Reply #25

veda2810

@ PULSEJET

lol sorry bro bad habit ...

June 10, 2010, 12:01:26 PM
Reply #26

schnoid

Is anyone else having the same problem as me with folder icons not showing up with the new beta firmware? All my HD movies have a jpg named exactly like the .mkv file. The image used to show up as the folder icon, but doesn't anymore.

June 10, 2010, 12:36:04 PM
Reply #27

timw

Mine still hasn't seen my Synology DS409slim despite waiting overnight. The workgroup names are the same and I've even tried changing them to something else (but the same as each other) to see if that kicked it into life but so far, no joy.
I'm getting DVD menu envy - all my DVD isos are on the Synology and the DVD menu doesn't work from a media streamer.
The Mediafly addition is most welcome but I may have to rollback if I can't see my network shares 8^(.
The key seems to be to make the domains match, clear the saved logins, and (the bit that caught me out) turn off auto-login until after the first successful connection.
I haven't yet managed to make DVD menus work from a shared folder, but they seem to work very well on the one DVD I have saved on the local drive.
Overall, this is a good update, but I still get too many juddering and audio sync issues to be completely happy. Definitely a step in the right direction though  :)

June 10, 2010, 01:02:08 PM
Reply #28

rokr

-NO VOLUME CONTROL ADDED

-NO GRAPHIC EQUALIZER ADDED

-NO BRIGHTNESS-CONTRAST-SATURATION setting ADDED

these features were ...really needed ....other players like Patriot Box office have 'em

WD TV LIVE ....must definitly have them....do implement ..these features ..!!

and Please do take notice i have only mentioned those FEATURES which have been duly Acknowledged by the WD TV ..team ..in the IDEAS LAB ......

If you wanted those features you should have bought the Patriot Box instead of the WDTV.  Kinda your own fault.

Most of these features are inside the Sigma SDK, they are ready to be used, but nobody from the WD staff bothers to implement them, although many people have requested them.
Same goes for the "audio delay" feature (remember AC3 audio is still out of sync, this could be useful). That's also in the SDK. Popcornhour and Dune players and numerous other media players have these...

June 10, 2010, 02:41:55 PM
Reply #29

Whoheart

Most of these features are inside the Sigma SDK, they are ready to be used, but nobody from the WD staff bothers to implement them, although many people have requested them.
Same goes for the "audio delay" feature (remember AC3 audio is still out of sync, this could be useful). That's also in the SDK. Popcornhour and Dune players and numerous other media players have these...

Don't worry, you'll get them in the WDTV Live Plus 3D box out in January!  ;D