Author Topic: [NEWBIE] How do I get WDTV live to playback movies recorded on Dreambox ?  (Read 1645 times)

June 07, 2010, 03:19:38 PM
Read 1645 times

CyberSurfer

I have a DM800HD and a WDTV Live (official firmware). What i would liketo do is record movies with the Dreambox onto internal hdd / or external USB drive, and then be able to playback these movies in another room with the WDTV live over the network - is this possible ?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance

Dave

January 28, 2011, 02:29:04 AM
Reply #1

gnlinuz

January 28, 2011, 03:13:34 AM
Reply #2

gnlinuz

DM7000s
Hello i have a dm 7000s and dm600pvr ,and have installed the UPnP plugin.I have tried to connect my WD Live Tv media player but after a while an error pops up and does not let me view the already recorded movies of the internal dreambox hdd. I have searched the net but only very few infos come out nothing spesial that explains this process. It will be helpfull if someone enlight us.

January 28, 2011, 03:46:10 PM
Reply #3

CyberSurfer

I managed to get the WDTV working with th DM800 and posted the answer on a different forum - for the DreamBox I think. Basically the answer involves logging into the DreamBox and editing the file containing the SAMBA settings - you need to put a network name in there eg "DREAMNET" or something, and make sure there's no password or set something which you'll then need to enter into the WDTV.

January 28, 2011, 03:57:42 PM
Reply #4

CyberSurfer

Found my post - it's @ http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/hi-uk-anyone-got-their-dreambox-working-wdtv-live-125285/

Here's the text :-

Have got it working - a quick guide for anyone interested

(1) ensure db is working as part of your network - eg you can log into your router and see it's ip address

(2) ensure wdtv is working as part of your network - again that you can see it in your router attached devices list

(3) get samba installed and working on your db

(4) download DCC if you haven't already. use ftp commander to tfr samba config file "smb" to your pc (in etc/samba directory)

(5) load the config file into Wordpad and amend the line workgroup <your network name here> ie so it is the same as the wdtv network name

(6) ftp it back to the samba directory

(7) reboot the db

(8) switch on the wdtv, go the the settings/network page, switch off auto-login

(9) Go to video . networkshare page.

If all is well you should get the username / password page - just press ok and hopefully you're in