Author Topic: Bug 1.02.07 - Video resets after being on pause for a while  (Read 3250 times)

June 01, 2010, 03:57:38 PM
Read 3250 times

imajica

Hi,

I only seem to notice this problem on blueray MKV files, and not always at that.... If i watch a video, all is great.  I pause it and it if goes to the screen saver when i come to resume the file it starts to play and about 5 seconds later the video resets back to the beginning and i have to fast forward it.  Even at 16x fast forwarding over an hour takes a long time.  It just happened to me 3 times on this one movie.    Very annoying. 

Any ideas on how to fix that?

June 02, 2010, 03:59:26 AM
Reply #1

imajica

I just upgraded to 1.02.10 (the .11 and .03.01 firmware links no longer work) and it does the same thing.  I paused a blueray movie (mkv) and let it go to the screensaver for about 15 minutes.  I hit play, it started to play and about 5 seconds later the movie stops and it goes back to the file listing of the HD.

June 15, 2010, 06:30:06 AM
Reply #2

samuk

Hi,

I only seem to notice this problem on blueray MKV files, and not always at that.... If i watch a video, all is great.  I pause it and it if goes to the screen saver when i come to resume the file it starts to play and about 5 seconds later the video resets back to the beginning and i have to fast forward it.  Even at 16x fast forwarding over an hour takes a long time.  It just happened to me 3 times on this one movie.    Very annoying. 

Any ideas on how to fix that?

I have the same problem.

June 22, 2010, 05:39:45 PM
Reply #3

imajica

I just tried to disable the screen saver to see if that was causing the problem, but after leaving the movie paused for about 20 minutes while i went and had dinner, i came back and it reset itself in the same manner as if i had the screen saver active.  This is REALLY annoying and only seems to affect MKV files.

September 26, 2010, 07:40:37 AM
Reply #4

imajica

Has noone other than Samuk seen this problem.  It is majorly annoying.  If i pause a MKV file for longer than 1-2 minutes, when i unpause it plays for about 10 seconds and then stops and goes to the main menu.  I then have to fast forward at 16x to where i was.  I do not always remember to hit the back button to get to the menu in order to pause because sometimes i dont think i will be away long.  This is MAJORLY annoying.  I cannot believe that other than the 2 of us, no one has seen this problem let alone been able to fix it.

March 04, 2011, 04:18:02 AM
Reply #5

ioanniskar

Same problem here with:
WD TV HD
custom firmware WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 (I restored to original to see if the problem remains)
HDD 500GB Seagate portable

Have you found a solution. It's pretty annoying.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:40:02 AM by ioanniskar »

March 21, 2011, 07:05:33 AM
Reply #6

tal35

Both of my WDTV are doing the same thing. Mostly with MKV files but sometimes with AVI