to usb wireless adapter
167 (23.1%)
to my TV only, but I want it ethernet connected
83 (11.5%)
to my TV only, but I want it wireless connected
141 (19.5%)
NOT, it's still in the box because I am reading all these topics first
14 (1.9%)
to both usb ethernet&cable and usb wireless (like rezmus)
22 (3%)
to an in-car-navi. See: http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=621.msg7186#msg7186
2 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 719

Author Topic: WDTV Wired/Wireless Poll ** Poll Update: already 700+ WDTVs really connected **  (Read 77797 times)

August 07, 2009, 07:20:02 AM
Reply #30

schmaWDTVecky

Mine's connected by cable AND wireless, somehow... ;)
Ethernet is connecting the WDTV with my Apple Airport Express thingy - which I already had to stream music to the living room - which in the end works wireless.  8)

~alex

August 10, 2009, 12:05:14 PM
Reply #31

SuperKleber

My WDTV is connected by wireless, it was quite easy 'cause of an nice tutorial here how to configure your WDLXTV for an DWA-140...

I can stream 1080p Matroska Files, i haven't tested oder formats than .mkv and .avi now (if you want to know, for example i'm ripping DVD's and convert them to .mkv's or .avi (with AutoMKV 0.95 ;) )
...i'm using WDLXTV and i'm sharing over nfs ;)

@tacitus
Isn't there a list (even of the models, if you klick on something...) of all supported models (maybe not all ;)) @ wiki.wdtv.org ?
The D-Link DWA-140 seems to be a quite nice adapter, configurating all stuff was easy and now it works very well ;)

k.r.

August 15, 2009, 10:09:22 PM
Reply #32

tacitus

Hey k.r.  Yeah -- I found the list.  Now just about fully set up with a new TP-LINK TL-WN322G USB wireless-G dongle.  Works great except that after playing a video across the network for sometime (20-30 min perhaps) the video takes over the WDTV and you can play nothing else. Others have reported this problem, but no cure as far as I know.

September 27, 2009, 03:41:08 AM
Reply #33

pege63

My WDTV is connected by wireless, it was quite easy 'cause of an nice tutorial here how to configure your WDLXTV for an DWA-140...

I can stream 1080p Matroska Files, i haven't tested oder formats than .mkv and .avi now (if you want to know, for example i'm ripping DVD's and convert them to .mkv's or .avi (with AutoMKV 0.95 ;) )
...i'm using WDLXTV and i'm sharing over nfs ;)

@tacitus
Isn't there a list (even of the models, if you klick on something...) of all supported models (maybe not all ;)) @ wiki.wdtv.org ?
The D-Link DWA-140 seems to be a quite nice adapter, configurating all stuff was easy and now it works very well ;)

k.r.

Hi m8 can i have your configure your file for "WDLXTV for an DWA-140"? Thanks

October 02, 2009, 07:39:55 PM
Reply #34

greenflash

Took a hard work here... ext-boot did the trick and the dwa-110 was a good choice according to good experience here, I couldn't yet get this to work with WPA or similar protection (all open by now...), the NFS client in XP is fast, and that is what took me the hardest work.... needed to enable the standard file security in XP and allow the guest account access on the NFS share. That was all, now enjoying good mp3 and movies! :)
WDTV live 1.03.41_V fw/500GB my passport/TPLINK TL-WN821N wifi/Zyxel wifi router/DENON AVR-1508/LG 32 FULLHD LCD

October 11, 2009, 02:50:28 PM
Reply #35

scubs

I just wanted this to be obvious and easy to find that Windows 7 works fine.

I'm using the Intec Wii Lan Adapter G5626 from the compatable list at:

http://wiki.wdtv.org/doku.php?id=start

The WDTV shows up as a media device and I can stream to it from my Windows 7 machine and I can stream and hear audio but not video so there is something for the future.

The Windows 7 are shares with guest and everybody permissions, I haven't experimented with getting more restricted permissions.

The Windows 7 shares show up in the video folder option as Upnp folder and a tree structure of computers then a tre structure of shares, some 2 and 3 levels deep.

November 02, 2009, 11:51:23 AM
Reply #36

dogdog1

to usb ethernet & cable
along with my ROKU Netflix streamer and my Bluray

November 03, 2009, 03:15:20 AM
Reply #37

sylkie77

I spent a few hours last night setting up my WDTV with USB Wireless.

I have a Dlink DWA-110 Wireless USB Dongle connected to a Dynalink RTA1025W ADSL Modem/Router. I used B-RADs latest firmware with the wireless-mod-wdlxtv app pack and nfs app pack.  I found it much easier to get NFS sharing then Windows sharing.

It was a bit trial and error - sorta used recommended bits from 3 different guides - but it was damn worth it.

Music and video stream brilliantly from the drives at the other end of the house.  A big thank you for B-RAD for writng the firmware  :) 

November 04, 2009, 06:07:19 AM
Reply #38

suburbancore

Flashed my WD TV with ext3-boot yesterday

Used wireless-mod-rt.app.bin and cross-compiled the latest rt3070 driver to include my Linksys' USB54GC v3.0 device and vendor id on my debian box with the excellent guide in this forum.

Works perfectly.

Streaming w/ samba from my debian file server.

November 08, 2009, 04:52:26 PM
Reply #39

asif9t9

I have mine connected via ethernet cable to my router.  But my main computer with all my movies is connected to my router via wireless.  So far I've tried to sit thru two movies and the movies will suddenly freeze.  Then after a minute or so, it will speed up and get to the time it would have been at.  Not sure if it's a wireless/network issue.  Oh, NFS sharing via WDLXTV.

November 16, 2009, 02:55:56 AM
Reply #40

darkoclash

i flashed my wdtv with latest wdlxtv and connected on local network using Asus WL-167g wireless adapter and everything works perfectly. I can access  my shared folders on PC and stream all media files. I still can't access to wdtv from windows XP, i see wdtv on the list of network computers but cannot access. I didn't have enough time to see where is the problem but i suppose it is not a big issue. I found all necessary instructions here on this forum. Thanks guys.

November 19, 2009, 12:30:51 PM
Reply #41

D.vobre

• Personal Text
    http://tierussianwoman.w-ru.com/ - russia women bride
    • russia girls for marriage
its kinda hard to do without having a classic controller.. i dont really have a lot of time to play with this but ill try to fix it later.

October 13, 2010, 09:10:26 AM
Reply #42

wkr

I use a Sitecom LN-030 Network USB 2.0 adapter and conceptronic C150APM access point. The C150APM is set in "Station-Infrastructure" mode.
Picture: http://i51.tinypic.com/ws7ol4.jpg
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 01:10:50 PM by wkr »

October 19, 2010, 06:48:22 AM
Reply #43

svtfmook

is there a compability list?  the wiki doesn't seem to be working anymore.  looking for a usb lan adapter to use with my wdtv

January 02, 2011, 08:17:40 AM
Reply #44

VA_DOS

Have succesful configured WDTV rev1 + DLink DWA-110. Mounting storage pluggeg to ASUS WL-500GP v2 router shared through NFS (with rTorrent aboard  :) ). No problems with playing out 1080P. The only inconvenience is audio pre-convertion DTS to AC3 required for all files with DTS-encoded audio tracks.

Firmware: 1.03.01_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV-0.5.8.1 ( http://b-rad.cc/wdlxtv/ )
Wireless: wireless-mod-rt.app.bin-1.2.4 ( http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=1029.0 )

net.config:
Code: [Select]
#
# Network configuration file

#You can override the hostname here:

HOST=MPlayer
#SUPPRESS_OTHERS=yes

# if you do not set a hostname,a random one is assigned.

# attempt to set jumbo frames
MTU=9000

#
# Dynamic IP Configuration:

DHCP=yes

WLAN_CFG=rt73sta.dat
WLAN_LOAD=rt73.ko
WLAN_UP=no
WLAN_SLEEP=1

#sleep=5

#
# Optional: 

#specify time server host
#NTP=pool.ntp.org

#specify timezone
#TZ=PST8EDT

rt73sta.dat:
Code: [Select]
[Default]
CountryRegion=0
CountryRegionABand=7
WirelessMode=4
SSID=MySsid
NetworkType=Infra
Channel=6
AuthMode=WPAPSK
EncrypType=TKIP
DefaultKeyID=1
Key1Type=0
Key1Str=
Key2Type=0
Key2Str=
Key3Type=0
Key3Str=
Key4Type=0
Key4Str=
WPAPSK=M@1P$kP@$$w0Rcl
TxBurst=0
PktAggregate=0
TurboRate=0
WmmCapable=0
AckPolicy=0;0;0;0
BGProtection=0
IEEE80211H=0
TxRate=0
RTSThreshold=2347
FragThreshold=2346
PSMode=CAM
TxPreamble=0
AdhocOfdm=0
FastRoaming=0
RoamThreshold=70

+ patched S00custom-options as described here: http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=1029.msg58416#msg58416