Author Topic: Video Playlists  (Read 3449 times)

March 27, 2009, 07:17:06 AM
Read 3449 times

AbstraKt

I understand that the WD TV can read playlists made in WMP, however I use a mixture of file containers such as .avi, .mpg, .mkv, etc.  I'm trying to compile a PL to read all these formats (especially .mkv) by avoiding any converting.  Maybe this has been asked before, but is there a way to compile a PL that is compatible w/the WD TV to read said file formats?  TIA for input.

March 31, 2009, 04:57:00 AM
Reply #1

plwd

do you saying that WMP list will play video? I tried to create playlist for my movie collection( it is mix of avi dat iso files) and nothing works. Found somewhere that I should correct playlist and change in notepad path to files. no configuration works. i really like to have some playlists since I have 100's of short episodes of kids movies. Different playlist for different kid. any idea?

April 22, 2009, 03:58:32 PM
Reply #2

Suggestologist

I've found a workaround for now. I'm using NTFS hardlinks to create a directory in the order I want files to play.

I'm Using this: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html

Hardlinks work fine on the WDTV; symbolic links (which are more like shortcuts), don't work, however.

May 06, 2009, 06:07:56 AM
Reply #3

sparky909

Newbie question possibly, but how can i get the WDTV to play 2 part files in sequence without creating a playlist?

e.g. PicnicHomeMovie.cd1.avi, PicnicHomeMovie.cd2.avi

played one after another without a break in between or returning to the menu?
Maybe i havent found the right play mode or something. On a DVD player, these would automatically play one afer another as if they were scenes.

any ideas? I dont want to go with homebrew firmware just yet.

sparky

=================== AMENDED
OK - scratch that question, just saw it was already answered in another post :

" Silently introduced in 1.02.07 - the device is playing automatically next file, if a movie is splitted into two files, with indexed names, like "movie CD1.avi", "movie CD2.avi".  "
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:37:33 AM by sparky909 »

June 06, 2009, 10:02:03 PM
Reply #4

cirrone

" Silently introduced in 1.02.07 - the device is playing automatically next file, if a movie is splitted into two files, with indexed names, like "movie CD1.avi", "movie CD2.avi".  "

Just let me say to that....bull&^%t

I've now watched the first half of Rounders 6 times at 16x speed trying to get it to move to the second half.
Names i've used:

Rounders_CD1.avi
    Rounders_CD.1.avi
    Rounders_CD_1.avi
    Rounders CD 1.avi
    Rounders CD1.avi

and it will "see" a PLS playlist but will not play it as such. I'm really getting frustrated here...Can someone please help?!?!

June 19, 2009, 01:51:37 PM
Reply #5

Suggestologist

If you hit the "Play" button, and NOT THE "ENTER" button, it will play the next file in alphabetical order, once the current video is done.