Poll

TURE HD

is it possible
2 (50%)
or not
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: A big problem for me, (True HD Audio) help!!!!  (Read 3575 times)

May 04, 2010, 02:58:22 AM
Read 3575 times

imfedison

I'm the new guy for here, i bought my wdtv live 3days ago, but there have a big problem for me, i read a lot of testing and article about this fun toy, all of them said it's could play movie with TRUE-HD audio, but my one can not, i have no idea, when i play the movie it's automaticly downmix the audio to ac3, eventhough it's still can't play it continuously, the audio always continue from time to time. can somebody help me please? :'(

May 04, 2010, 02:09:49 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
What type of true HD receiver do you have?

How is it connected to your WDTV?

What is your source media and how was it created? 

You need to give us some information!
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

May 05, 2010, 08:51:21 AM
Reply #2

Pangadaywalker

WDTV Gen1 or 2 neither WDTV Live can play audio in HD quality.

Live, at least, yet. Since its HDMI is 1.3b maybe with a future FW upgrade may be posssible, but now it doesn't.

That is why you can't hear anything. You may want to see a different device if you really want to play HD Audio.

For now, WDTV should only play regular DD or DTS from the core of HD Audio.

Cheers
My set:

May 05, 2010, 03:56:46 PM
Reply #3

imfedison

What type of true HD receiver do you have?

How is it connected to your WDTV?

What is your source media and how was it created? 

You need to give us some information!
sorry for lack of so many imformation, and here you go:
this is my setting of my wd tv live, and how to connection with my reciver.

video/audio > digital > HDMI > sony DG 820 (reciever)
ps: the movie i play is
[VIDEO: MPEG-4 AVC Video / 13017 kbps / 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
AUDIO: Dolby TrueHD Audio / English /3100 kbps /  5.1 / 48 kHz / 3100 kbps / 24-bit (AC3 Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps)]

May 05, 2010, 03:59:45 PM
Reply #4

imfedison

Live, at least, yet. Since its HDMI is 1.3b maybe with a future FW upgrade may be posssible, but now it doesn't.

That is why you can't hear anything. You may want to see a different device if you really want to play HD Audio.

Cheers
but as i read a lot of imformation said wd tv live do bitstream TURE HD, only can't do DTS HD, so i think maybe there are some problems with my own setting. :'(
anyway, thanks ;)

May 06, 2010, 11:55:59 AM
Reply #5

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo

Cheers
but as i read a lot of imformation said wd tv live do bitstream TRUE HD, only can't do DTS HD, so i think maybe there are some problems with my own setting. :'(
anyway, thanks ;)

Its likely the Sony receiver that is the problem in your case.  Sony is notorious for this. Their receivers do not automatically detect the type of input.  They default to PCM audio unless you change the setting.  You should google your receiver with HS audio problems and see what you find.  Also try hooking up a Bluray to it and see what you get.

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

May 06, 2010, 02:27:48 PM
Reply #6

imfedison

Cheers
but as i read a lot of imformation said wd tv live do bitstream TRUE HD, only can't do DTS HD, so i think maybe there are some problems with my own setting. :'(
anyway, thanks ;)

Its likely the Sony receiver that is the problem in your case.  Sony is notorious for this. Their receivers do not automatically detect the type of input.  They default to PCM audio unless you change the setting.  You should google your receiver with HS audio problems and see what you find.  Also try hooking up a Bluray to it and see what you get.

ok, seems this is my problem, sony reciever do decoding HD audio, but it's automatically, i can't find any buttom on my remote to set the audio channel which i want to hear. but when i hooking up this reciever with my sony s360 it's no problem to run the both of HD audio, so this is my problem and there is no way to fix it?