Author Topic: Windows 7 *.wtv Files, Query re Win 7 WTV Format  (Read 4566 times)

April 28, 2010, 06:58:52 PM
Read 4566 times

blumovie2

I have Windows 7 TV Files recorded as *.wtv by Windows Media Centre. Can anyone tell me if they are playable on the WDTV Models ? or if not are there plans to enable these to be played.

July 27, 2010, 01:30:45 PM
Reply #1

est1984

its really poor that they can't play these files... but i think the box is not good enough to play wtv files.

August 01, 2010, 09:23:19 AM
Reply #2

scJohn

You can rip the WTV file to a DVRMS file using the WTVconverter program that comes with Window 7.  For now, DVRMS files are supported.  Since this is a rip and not a transcode the process will only take a couple of minutes per file.

May 08, 2011, 07:12:46 PM
Reply #3

tomjame

I have Windows 7 TV Files recorded as *.wtv by Windows Media Centre. Can anyone tell me if they are playable on the WDTV Models ? or if not are there plans to enable these to be played.

.wtv files are not playable on the WDTV Models, but you can convert these files to WDTV compatible mkv format with the following step by step guide
http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how-to-convert-wtv-to-avi-mp4-mkv-wmv-mpg.html

the software in this guide can easily convert SD or HD WTV video files to various video formats with smaller file size and high quality:
    * Convert WTV to MKV to playback HD on WDTV Media Player

* Convert WTV to AVI or WTV to WMV to playback on Windows Media Player, Xbox 360, Microsoft Zune, Pocket PC, Dell Axim, HP iPaq, etc
    * Convert WTV to MP4 (MPEG-4) to playback on iPod, iPhone, Android Phone, Archos AV500, BlackBerry, Archos AV700, Archos Gmini402, iRiver PMP-100, Creative Zen, Vision, Zune and so on
    * Convert WTV to MPG (MPEG-1) to import to PowerPoint presentation for Windows or Mac
    * Convert WTV to MOV to import to QuickTime, iTunes, iMovie, Final Cut Pro and more

* Convert WTV to 3GPP to playback on Nokia and other mobile phone
    * Convert WTV to WebM, MPEG-2, DivX, Xvid , 3GP, FLV, F4V, ASF, H.264, RM, VP8, MOD, TOD, MTS, TS, 720p, 1080p, HD videos and more

September 29, 2013, 10:49:12 PM
Reply #4

kelvinkingwin

In order to play wtv on any meida player or portable device, a recommended solution is convert wtv to a more popular video format like convert wtv to avi, wmv, mp4, mov, vob, flv, asf, mpg and etc at http://www.idealshare.net/wtv-converter.html

As the professional Video Converter, iDealshare VideoGo is also an ideal WTV converter which has both Windows and Mac version and can fast and directly compress and convert WTV to almost all kinds of video and audio formats to successfully play or edit WTV files anywhere:

This ideal WTV Video Converter supports directly converting WTV to MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, VOB, MOV, 3GP, ASF, TS, RM, DV, MPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, FLV, OGV, WebM, and etc;
    This WTV Converter also can convert WTV to MP3, WMA, WAV, AC3, AAC, M4A, FLAC, OGG, RA, AU, DTS, AIFF, MP2, APE and more audio formats;
    Besides converting WTV video, this WTV file converter also can convert other video and audio formats including DVR-MS, WMV, MPG, AVI, TS, MKV, MP4, VOB, RMVB, FLAC, OGG, M4A, MP3 and etc;
    This ideal WTV Converter is also equipped with video editing function like compress WTV video file size, trim WTV, merge several WTV files into one, crop WTV, rotate WTV video, add subtitle, watermark, effects to WTV video, remove subtitle from WTV recording file, increase WTV video volume and etc.

April 21, 2014, 12:06:16 AM
Reply #5

bboaby

WDTV Models supports MKV format, .wtv files are not playable on the WDTV Models. In order to play WTV on WDTV Model, a recommend solution is to convert WTV to MKV at: http://faasoft.com/articles/wtv-format.html