Author Topic: How I got moviesheets to work [Guide]  (Read 17836 times)

April 17, 2010, 02:30:56 PM
Reply #30

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
What filesize have the 10 not showing sheets?
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee

April 17, 2010, 03:15:45 PM
Reply #31

rick639

thumbgen  im sorry for wasting your time i am a complete tosser  :-[

i forgot that i had updated thumbgen and never changed the file size back down .

everything is working great and thanks again .

April 30, 2010, 02:13:02 PM
Reply #32

isotopic

10. Modify the  S00custom-options file on the thumbdrive by adding the following lines of code to the end of the file:
config_tool -c SHOW_FILESIZE_SETTING=0
config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=sheet
config_tool -c VIDMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c GENMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c LISTMSHEET=ON

This may be a dumb question, but I don't want to f-up my player.  I have no, zero, zip, etc... experience with writing code.  I read thru the 3 pages of comments, and didn't find an answer, so here goes:

when I "add" these lines to the file (using notepad), I noticed that all the other "lines" contain the "#" symbol in front of them, some have two number signs (ex. ## codepage packages (default cp437))

Do I need to add the # sign in front of these lines?  Do I put one, two or zero in front of each.  Also, do I put a blank line between the last line and the line I'm adding?

which is correct?:
#config_tool -c VIDMSHEET=ON

I know, dumb question.

Also, I have the Live media player, but I am not connected to any internet.  Do I need to change any step?  I noticed one person said "yes", but I really didn't understand any of the explanation, so IDK.

Thanks.

April 30, 2010, 02:20:47 PM
Reply #33

meremaiden

Iso , I asked the same question. You need the lines without the number sign as it is what specifies to the player the options used.

April 30, 2010, 02:31:08 PM
Reply #34

isotopic

Iso , I asked the same question. You need the lines without the number sign as it is what specifies to the player the options used.

awesome.  Thanks.

April 30, 2010, 02:55:47 PM
Reply #35

Sabre_X

Hi there. I used to have a WDTV with WDLXTV and MSheets and had it all working great with a USB ExtHDD. I use WDTV MSG 1.6.3 as my MSheet Generator. The structure of the HDD would be...
D://Movies/Accepted/
Accepted.avi
backgrop.jpeg
cover.jpeg
folder.jpeg
Movie_Info.xml
wd_tv.jpeg

I now have a WDTV LIVE with the new ultimate live WDLXTV firmware that has MSheets built it. To install the firmware I simply but the .bin and .ver files onto the root of a USB stick and booted the WDTV Live with the USB stick plugged in. Whilst the firmware did install correctly, I do not seem to be getting any MSheets when I click on a movie folder, it simply displays the file, as if MSheets has not been activiated/installed.

Please advise!
Thanks in advance,

Mike

January 08, 2011, 12:42:22 PM
Reply #36

ibleedspeed

dude i have been trying to get this working for months. i dont get it. as far as i can tell i have followed it all to the t. i have gotten to the point of having the movie thumbs at the bottom of the screen. done all the settings. created the sheets with no luck. i made the thumbgen filesize 250 kb, i made sure to turn off show file size in the settings.  i have set thumbgen to name the sheet the correct way. what is it im doing wrong here? do the movies have to be all in one folder? i will never have movie sheets if that is the case. my movies are seperated by genere folders and each movie has its own folder. trilogys have a single folder with 3 movies each with there own folder. inside the movie folder i have folder.jpg
                 iron man.mkv
                 iron man.tgmd
                 iron man.mkv_sheet.jpg
 along with the nfo file. im just dumbfounded that this does not work. its set to sheet mode in the custom options the files are named right. can someone help me? obviously i have read the whole thread.               

January 08, 2011, 02:42:51 PM
Reply #37

Buhric

first... which WDTV do you have, and what firmware are you running...

Then , what does you TV screen looks like when you are browsing the videos...

finaly... make sure you comprehend the difference between thumbnails and sheets....
thumbnails are the small picture the WDTV will show... folder.jpg or moviename.jpg, are the folder and movie thumbnails.
as foir the sheet its the big picture, either in the background or foreground (depends on sheet mode you are using)...
moviename.ext_sheet.jpg is the picture that displays when the movie is selected
foldername_sheet.jpg is the picture that will show when the folder is selected

ash for the .nfo file, if you do not explicitly need it for something, you don't need to generate it since all the movie info is saved inside the .TGMD. 
the TGMD file contains all the original pictures and info that was selected when the file was generated, so its a good idea to have it. It comes very handy when you want to change sheet templates..

January 09, 2011, 12:26:56 AM
Reply #38

ibleedspeed

hi thanks for the help! i have wdtv gen2. i am running wdlxtv 0.4.5.3 the latest version. on screen i am showing 7 thumbnails across the bottom of the screen. the background is black with nothing else there. lol yeah i fully understand the difference between a thumbnail and a moviesheet. my thumbs are named folder.jpg. i have the folder name and the movie name the same.or iron man=folder name. and iron man=movie name. when i go into the movie folder the movie shows in the bottom left corner of the screen with nothing else on the screen all black. in thumbgen options i have main moviesheet set to-wdlxtv-live generic dynamic sheet/all modes(<moviename.ext>_sheet.jpg)
i have the movie sheet saved in the same folder as the movie. the sheet is named (iron man.mkv_sheet.jpg) its size is 1280x720.=240kb
here is a copy of my soo options.
## Movie sheet modes (only one can be enabled at a time)
## unless you have sheets for each mode you will encounter oddities switching around modes
## AKA this isn't magic
##   Full screen std mode:
#config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=std
##   1280x460 (horizontal banner at top) sheet mode:
##   500x720 (vertical banner on right) wall mode:
#config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=wall

## turn on moviesheets for a list type  (ON/OFF)
## you must turn it on for a view type to see sheets!
##   video thumb mode
##   audio/photo thumb mode
##   list mode (video/audio/photo)

i also have the custom background and screensaver working with my own background and screensaver.
i have also made sure to use a sheet mode template in thumbgen.
im sure i am missing one small step somewhere but i have read every moviesheet tutorial i can find and beat my brain up trying to figure this out. i am going to visit a friend next week who is a movie fanatic but hates computers and still collects hundreds of dvds he has a shelf the size of my car full of dvds.lol so i would like to get the moviesheets working so as to impress him and convert him over to the digital storage world. i have waited months for b-rad to put out a g2 firmware that had everything working with dts and and moviesheets and all that stuff. now it is finally here and i still cant get the moviesheets working. i dont know what other info you need about my setup but i will be glad to post whatever you need to know if you can help. thanks a million.

January 09, 2011, 12:38:35 AM
Reply #39

ibleedspeed

one thing that has peeked my curiosity is that after posting the reply above i noticed that in the soo options it clearly says above config_tool-c MSHEETMODE=sheet that the size is 1280x460 i have been lead to beleive that the sheet must be 1280x720 and that is the size that thumbgen makes them. this must be my problem right? how do i set thumbgen to make them 1280x460?

January 09, 2011, 12:46:55 AM
Reply #40

ibleedspeed

ok that did not work either after resizing the sheet to 1280x460 nothing happened im still stuck. also i dont know if it matters but i had thumbmode set to 10 thumbs if that matters. thanks!

January 09, 2011, 06:51:15 AM
Reply #41

Buhric

K thats for the info...

do you have a "LINSHEETS=ON" somewhere in the S00 file ?
if not add it...

as the for the size, 1280x460 is the size of the image wihout going behing the row of 7 thumbnails...
but if you want a true fill screen, you can use 1280x720

Also in the WDTV  you can view the files in "List" Thumb" or "Preview"... make sure you are not  in "Preview" since sheet does not work in that view type... (Since you see a black screen with 7 thumbs at the bottom, I'm guessing you already are in "thumb" view)

In the WDTV Settings, make sure that "Show File Size" option is set to "No" or "Off"

and for the file names you are give your sheets,  moviename.ext_sheet.jpg, remember that this will only show up when the movie is selected... not the folder... to keep your "Iron Man" as an example
Iron Man_sheet.jpg  --> would be the sheet that would display when the folder is selected
Iron Man.mkv_sheet.jpg --> the sheet for the movie itself.

And remember that the OS in the WDTV is case sensitive....

January 09, 2011, 09:43:28 PM
Reply #42

ibleedspeed

buhric you are a beautiful beautiful man lol.... it WORKS! thankyou thankyou thankyou. i believe it was the config_tool -c LINKSHEETS=ON   that was left out of my soo options. after adding that and creating sheets for both folder and movie.ext it all works. for those of getting stuck make sure to add the linksheet config to your soo options. you made my day buhric thanks man. ;D

January 15, 2011, 03:24:20 AM
Reply #43

TheIncredibleBulk

I've asked this elsewhere but never got a definative answer.... other then being "cleaner" for maintenance, is there any benefit from having every movie in it's own folder?

January 15, 2011, 07:54:42 PM
Reply #44

Rmiskid4

Hi,I'm new to getting this to work, but I believe I've done everything correctly so far and I ran across a problem I haven't seen posted yet and I've spent all day reading.

I've installed B-rad's 1.03.49, flashed the S00 file correctly and I still have this issue.  My media player starts off fine then on the first screen I click Videos, the next screen I click Local Drives and then anything on this screen will cause the screen to go completely blank and nothing happens....for a long long time.  This happens whether I click Folders, Recent, etc.

I've tried re-installing B-rad's and it even did it prior to putting on the changes from the S00 file.

Please Help....

***EDIT***

I figured out by reseting to factory settings and changing the S00 file to not include LINKSHEETS, I prevented the blank screen.  So in my S00 file I have the following running:

Now I see the thumbnails along the bottom, but the movie sheet doesn't show up on top..it is blank.  Here is how I have my files on my HDD configured:

/Movies (one folder that contains all my movies)
/Avatar.iso
/Avatar.jpg
/Avatar.MSNF
/Avatar.iso_sheet.jpg

Help...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:37:55 PM by Rmiskid4 »