Author Topic: WDLXTV-Live Movie Sheet general info / how to thread  (Read 107834 times)

April 11, 2010, 03:25:46 AM
Reply #165

bhvl

@bhvl

One film per folder should be like this if your setup is the same as mine.

ANTZ.jpg
ANTZ.mkv
ANTZ.mkv_sheet.jpg
folder.jpg
folder.jpg_sheet.jpg

@ff-mark
Interesting, I have been playing around with this for a little while. Works perfectly with only ANTZ.jpg and ANTZ.mkv_sheet.jpg in folder with one film per folder. Although, in my tv series folder I have it set-up a little bit different. Eg.

TV SERIES\
Seinfeld\
Seinfeld-Season 1\
Seinfeld S01.E01.mkv
Seinfeld S01.E01.mkv_sheet
Seinfeld S01.E01.jpg
Seinfeld S01.E02.mkv
Seinfeld S01.E02.mkv_sheet
Seinfeld S01.E02.jpg
folder.jpg
Season 1_sheet

As you can see, all the episodes for the particular season are in one folder with a thumbnail and sheet for each episode. Works fine as all thumbnails and sheets are exactly the same in that folder. Not sure if any of this works when hooked up to a network though.
Is this right for tv series or is there a better way?

April 11, 2010, 05:16:57 AM
Reply #166

ff_mark

Theres does seem to be a couple of naming conventions that work, however I can only comment on what I got to work, and has worked perfectly on both my WD with b-rad's firmware

April 11, 2010, 05:21:13 AM
Reply #167

Dark_Wizard

• WDTVLive
I think we all need a tutorial that explains the movie sheets in detail, how they are used i.e. wall, sheet, sheet_sheet, std etc and how they are used in the 2 different folder structures i.e. movie files under one genre (Action for instance)
and another for movies in their own folder. We are seeing too many people making suggestions and confusing the hell out of everyone when one says do this and another contradicts the other.
I too am finding this frustrating when I see things like this:

Sheet size must be under 500kb !!!
PS: You only need one config VIDMSHEET, GENMSHEET or LISTMSHEET

and another saying this:
Keep your sheets under 250k!

config_tool -c SHOW_FILESIZE_SETTING=0
config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=sheet
config_tool -c VIDMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c GENMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c LISTMSHEET=ON

Lastly a nice how-to on using ThumbGen and WDTVImageGrabber would also help tremendously and along with that adding to the above what the different jpg files help accomplish i.e. wd_tv.jpg, folder.jpg etc...
Owner of WDTVLive.net the file repository for WDTV Media Players.

April 11, 2010, 07:29:51 AM
Reply #168

ff_mark

^^ I've done a "How to" for the way I've set mine up, someone else needs offer doing one for the other modes

April 11, 2010, 08:40:44 AM
Reply #169

Dark_Wizard

• WDTVLive
^^ I've done a "How to" for the way I've set mine up, someone else needs offer doing one for the other modes

Can you create a seperate thread and publish it?
Also you only used:

Is that correct? Did you obey file sizes? Lastly what sheets did you use and how did you generate everything...this would be very helpful. Lastly, did you leave the pendrive in or out and are your files used on a network share?

I am having one hell of a time getting this to work correctly and I have the listing of thumbs as outlined in your how-to and using the same folder structure but I cannot play any movies now and I only see the dvd cover and 2 sheets to the right of the cover...

April 11, 2010, 09:26:51 AM
Reply #170

vango44

....I am having one hell of a time getting this to work correctly and I have the listing of thumbs as outlined in your how-to and using the same folder structure but I cannot play any movies now and I only see the dvd cover and 2 sheets to the right of the cover...

It's not really clear what issues you are having.
What step are you at following ff_mark's How-To?
Before adding any movie sheets did you get the row of thumbs at the bottom of screen?
I don't know what you mean by "2 sheets to the right of cover". I don't see how it could display 2 sheets at once.
If you can't even play movies anymore, you're probably at the point where you should do a reset and start over

I would suggest explaining exactly where in his How-To things start to go wrong. That will help people to figure out what the problem is.

You should know that even most people that got it working had lots of problems before we figured it out.

April 11, 2010, 09:56:25 AM
Reply #171

hoopbull

I think we all need a tutorial that explains the movie sheets in detail, how they are used i.e. wall, sheet, sheet_sheet, std etc and how they are used in the 2 different folder structures i.e. movie files under one genre (Action for instance)
and another for movies in their own folder. We are seeing too many people making suggestions and confusing the hell out of everyone when one says do this and another contradicts the other.
I too am finding this frustrating when I see things like this:

Sheet size must be under 500kb !!!
PS: You only need one config VIDMSHEET, GENMSHEET or LISTMSHEET

and another saying this:
Keep your sheets under 250k!

Lastly a nice how-to on using ThumbGen and WDTVImageGrabber would also help tremendously and along with that adding to the above what the different jpg files help accomplish i.e. wd_tv.jpg, folder.jpg etc...

I can't agree more. I applaud ff for his work, we need others that have gotten it working to step in. Thanks...

April 11, 2010, 10:32:37 AM
Reply #172

Dark_Wizard

• WDTVLive

....I am having one hell of a time getting this to work correctly and I have the listing of thumbs as outlined in your how-to and using the same folder structure but I cannot play any movies now and I only see the dvd cover and 2 sheets to the right of the cover...

It's not really clear what issues you are having.
What step are you at following ff_mark's How-To?
Before adding any movie sheets did you get the row of thumbs at the bottom of screen?
I don't know what you mean by "2 sheets to the right of cover". I don't see how it could display 2 sheets at once.
If you can't even play movies anymore, you're probably at the point where you should do a reset and start over

I would suggest explaining exactly where in his How-To things start to go wrong. That will help people to figure out what the problem is.

You should know that even most people that got it working had lots of problems before we figured it out.

The issue I am having is when I am in a folder (Action) I see 3 items for one movie and they are as follows; cover art, sheet_sheet.jpg and sheet.jpg (I left out the naming to simplify). When I clisk on any of them I get a display but cannot access the movie nor do I see the moviesheet above the thumbs.
Yes, I followed his steps and got the row of thumbs below which I still have unless I click on a movie. I have thumbnails enabled and filesizes disabled per other posts in the forums.

I have also done this per others:

then I tried this:
config_tool -c GENMSHEET=OFF
config_tool -c LISTMSHEET=OFF

I set cifs shares in net.mounts, set CIFSINTERCEPTOR=ON, tried with the pendrive in and out and with it out I copied my net.mounts to the tmp folder. Guest account enabled on my server and I tried it with a password all to no avail. There are countless people having issues as can be seen by the posts asking for help, I applaud ff_mark's efforts but we need a how-to from the time of installing the firmware to using ThumbGen/WDTVImageGrabber to get this working, why is this so hard for people to put together? We are seeing many discussions to try this and that but nothing concrete and too many contradicting how-to's on this forum.

Edit: I attached a pic of a movie under one of my folders in a share called Movies_II and the folder is "Comedy" for your review...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:44:13 AM by Dark_Wizard »

April 11, 2010, 11:10:18 AM
Reply #173

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Well don't feel bad.  I can't get it to work either.  I will have to go back to MSheet app bin for it to work and leave the pendrive in the WDlive
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

April 11, 2010, 11:15:41 AM
Reply #174

Dark_Wizard

• WDTVLive
Well don't feel bad.  I can't get it to work either.  I will have to go back to MSheet app bin for it to work and leave the pendrive in the WDlive

Actually now it is starting to work as I can see sheets and thumbs below but it's not entirely working. I have a share called Movies and under that share there are folders by genre like Action, Comedy, etc...when I am in the root of the share "Movies" the sheets are working! But if I go to a genre like Comedy I see only thumbs and no sheets and the thumbs I see are; cover, sheet_sheet.jpg and sheet.std.jpg....so I am getting closer.

April 11, 2010, 11:36:30 AM
Reply #175

Dark_Wizard

• WDTVLive
Woot! Finally got it working. I will put together a step by step How-To from firmware install to getting moviesheets to work based on what I did. This is awesome! Time to retire PS3MS and add another WDTVLive box to my theater!

Please don't ask how soon I will have it done but I will test it with those I see having an issue before I publish it...please be patient.

Bob

April 11, 2010, 11:38:44 AM
Reply #176

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
Here is how I got 3 minutes ago moviesheets working in SHEET mode for my "each movie in own folder" structure. NOTE: I do not have folders like Action/Comedy etc

1. Installed latest b-rad FW
2. set in S00custom-options

config_tool -c LISTNUM=sheet
config_tool -c GENTHUMBS=sheet
config_tool -c THUMBRESO=sheet

3. In TG I set
MainSheet:  $M\$N$E_sheet.sheet
ExtraSheet: $M\$F_sheet.sheet

Max filesize: 250000 bytes

Mainsheet using NeatSheet_AllBlack_1280x459 template
Extrasheet using NeatSheet_RedCurtain_1280x459

I wait until TG generated me the sheets.

4. I connect the HDD to WDTV and I WAIT UNTIL BOTH LEDS STOP BLINKING (it took almost 5 minutes)

5. I enjoy SHEET mode on my TV

Good luck
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee

April 11, 2010, 02:17:18 PM
Reply #177

LN32B530

Hi,

Quick question: I just tried juliojs's sheet template with the WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.1.9-6 and the movie thumbnails (movie.jpg) are a little bit big for it. I tried resizing my movie thumbnails from 200x300 down to 120x180, then power cycled my WD TV Live, but the output is still the same...

http://imgur.com/piPVB.jpg

Is it possible to change any code in the S00custom-options file to resize the movie thumbnails?

Thanks in advance.
Anyone knows an answer? I have the same problem :(.
Finally got mines working... I just edited the Template.xml of one of the available movie sheets and changed the X and Y positionings of the template's graphics... and voila...

April 11, 2010, 05:12:41 PM
Reply #178

RavRob

• DeSpammer

I'll try your method Thumbgen.  That is a new one I haven't tried yet.

I'll report back when done.

UPDATE: finally a method that works.  Great job as usual Thumbgen
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 05:56:21 PM by RavRob »
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

April 11, 2010, 09:25:46 PM
Reply #179

hoopbull

LN32B530,

I see that you have your movies arranged by category. Do you mind explaining your folder structure?