Author Topic: WDTV LIVE Software Update 1.02.21 User Experiences  (Read 73140 times)

March 31, 2010, 04:32:51 PM
Read 73140 times

Whoheart

So new version available. Presumably that is the finished version of the 1.02.19 beta we tested.

19 seemed to work fairly well (still remaining problems, but some things were fixed :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:28:22 PM by jayallan »
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

March 31, 2010, 05:29:44 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Thanks Whoheart!  

Going to make this the "official feedback" thread for this new firmware update.

Post your experiences here!
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

March 31, 2010, 05:35:47 PM
Reply #2

moomaria

why do i have to manually move the subtitles to the bottom of the video file every time now.  can i not set a default location? it's rather tedious

March 31, 2010, 05:41:14 PM
Reply #3

pitokhato

Just upgraded online.  No issue with upgrade.  Very smooth, usual few seconds wait and couple of re-boots.

Have not used yet after upgrade so no comments.

Just wanted to thank the WDTV team and let everyone know that Online upgrade was smooth without any hitch.

Hopefully everyone will benifit from this upgrade.

Thanks

March 31, 2010, 06:00:12 PM
Reply #4

djepps

I also did the online upgrade. The process went fine, however, I am now having slow response time from my remote and at times it just freezes.  Anybody else have this type of problem?

March 31, 2010, 06:05:46 PM
Reply #5

dribbller1

I also did the online upgrade. The process went fine, however, I am now having slow response time from my remote and at times it just freezes.  Anybody else have this type of problem?

Nope... don't have that issue.... also did an online update.

Does anyone know what this means

Resolved Cover-Art issue with folder.jpg & file.jpeg

??

March 31, 2010, 06:48:17 PM
Reply #6

Headcase_Fargone

Whoa, did they finally fix thumbnails?  I know they claimed they were "working as intended."

Where's the changelog?

March 31, 2010, 06:50:05 PM
Reply #7

WiggityWiener

Playing video over network shares seems to have stopped working after this update.  Selecting 'network shares' under video does nothing, it is as if it doesn't detect any.

Tried clearing network settings and even restoring to factory defaults, no luck.

EDIT -- Turning on the 'Share WDTV on your network' option seems to have resolved the problem.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 08:05:47 PM by WiggityWiener »

March 31, 2010, 07:18:52 PM
Reply #8

vmo23

After firmware update I cannot access anything through network share.  WDTV Live detects my shared drive, and shows it... but when I go to click it I get "No Media In Current Folder"

Gonna try a few things to see if I can get it working again.

edit-
got this advice over from a user on avs

"I had that problem too. I turned off the save login info for network share option then re-entered my user/pass and my shares worked fine again."

Issue resolved.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:32:30 PM by vmo23 »

March 31, 2010, 08:02:19 PM
Reply #9

SoNic67

I have installed the new firmware and all went well. I had the previous pre-release FW before so didn't notice any major changes.

One major request - Why is the WDTV live converts the framerate always? Why is not a setting for "native" and let the TV to deal with the format?
My TV (like may others) can handle 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i60, 1080i50, 1080p23.976, 1080p24, 1080p50, 1080p60. But the WDTV Live, on "Auto" negociates the highest rate (1080p60) and converts all materials to that rate. If I manually choose the resolution and frame rate, image is slighty better, but I need to KNOW the resolution/rate of the source.
I wish this was an option - NATIVE - where the content is send as it is to the TV.

Also, this should be similar for AUDIO (Music) formats. I appreciate that you have left the HDCD flag untouched and my receiver can decode it properly.
But I still have a beef: I don't need to have 96kHz sampling files converted to 44.1kHz (when 48kHz stays 48kHz)!!! I don't need 88.2 smashed down to 44.1kHz.
Please add a "NATIVE" option to the audio (digital) too!

March 31, 2010, 08:48:13 PM
Reply #10

morpheus

The update went very smoothly.  I never tried the beta so updated from last months firmware.  Things seem to be working great.  The major difference for me that I have tried and noticed are:

1-Now getting HDMI output where I was not previously (http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=3106.0), HOWEVER will get the screen flickering and going black randomly.  So a great step in the right direction for me but not quite there it.
2-all streaming over network worked.  I first had to clear login setting the re connect
3-all M4V files working fine and able to FF and RR on them
4-No issues with MKV files

Overall from what I have tested is working great for my uses.  Thanks WD team.  Just would like the HDMI fully resovled

April 01, 2010, 12:36:47 AM
Reply #11

Whoheart

Whoa, did they finally fix thumbnails?  I know they claimed they were "working as intended."

This was asked on the official boards, and the reply was:

We fixed an issue in which if a folder on a network share did not have a folder.jpg in it, and was viewed, and then a folder.jpg was added, the folder did not display a thumbnail until the WD TV was rebooted.

Of course there still seems to be a problem if you change folder art, then it doesn't show up until you power of the machine (ie real power off not just press the remote)
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

April 01, 2010, 01:54:38 AM
Reply #12

NoSubstitute

• No Substitute
Can someone please verify that the audio out-of-sync issues with AC3 have been fixed!
There is No Substitute!

April 01, 2010, 02:13:19 AM
Reply #13

d3vil

Can someone please verify that the audio out-of-sync issues with AC3 have been fixed!

I second this request!

April 01, 2010, 04:31:48 AM
Reply #14

rokr

why do i have to manually move the subtitles to the bottom of the video file every time now.  can i not set a default location? it's rather tedious

Yes it doesn't remember the setting, even if you stop a movie and then continue the same movie.
But hey, we got subtitle location setting, can't really complain!