Author Topic: WDTV LIVE Software Update 1.02.21 User Experiences  (Read 72850 times)

April 01, 2010, 04:35:26 AM
Reply #15

Hagman

I did a online update on both my WDTVLIVE, went very smooth.

2 annoying problems thoug...

1. On my Networkshare, the covers on the movies in folders, wont appear.
2. Subtitles are very high displayed in the movie.

April 01, 2010, 05:58:50 AM
Reply #16

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
I really do not understand why they don't implement a simple and smart external subtitles placing algorithm like this:

--------------   ------------------     -------------------

first line 1/2
                         first line 1/2              second line 2/2
one line subs        second line 2/2          third line 3/3
--------------   ------------------     -------------------

I have something like that in my old Yamada DVD player and it really works well...
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee

April 01, 2010, 07:01:56 AM
Reply #17

Sp3kt3r

Hi, I also upgraded to the new firmware 1.02.21 from the network and I had no problem upgrading the device.
I was previously using the Pre-Release so I don't see any major changement between the pre-release but that's fine.

there's only two problem that I still have and that I never been able to fix it.

-WDTV connected with Wired network take at least 5-6 minutes to see the Share folder from my Windows 7 PC but for Media Server access it takes not even a minute.

-WDTV connected with wireless doesn't see any share folder & Media Server even after half hour. not even XP machine or 7. My wireless card is compatible, I have access to youtube but I can't see the WDTV from my computer or can't see my computer from the WDTV. so it's like if the wdtv is not in the network but I set WORKGROUP on every device. I have no clue now.

April 01, 2010, 07:38:45 AM
Reply #18

kz

why do i have to manually move the subtitles to the bottom of the video file every time now.  can i not set a default location? it's rather tedious

I think the same.Before subtitles show perfect in the bottom but now show very high and yo need move down in all videos.Why doesn´t save position like menu preference?

April 01, 2010, 10:16:35 AM
Reply #19

vmo23

individual jpg files are still shown when browsing videos over network share. 

why can't this issue be fixed!

April 01, 2010, 10:38:35 AM
Reply #20

wildgoose

I upgraded to the firmware last night, and much to my surprise, the Thumbnail feature STOPPED WORKING!!

I use to see thumbnail in all my movie folders. Now I don't see any of them. It's almost as if the WDTV Live is not going through each folder to look for Thumbnails. It just shows the folder, and that's it.

I even did my patented firmware upgrade procedure, no less!!

1) power cycle the unit by unplugging the AC from the wall outlet.
2) restore setting to factory default
3) update to new firmware via online method
4) restore setting to factory default
5) power cycle the unit

I noticed fast forward/jump when playing mkv files from network is faster, but the thumbnail feature no longer works!!!!! This is really sad.

April 01, 2010, 10:50:31 AM
Reply #21

wildgoose

Just a bit of clarification. My directory structure on the NAS is as follow:

Media\Video\HD\movies1\
   movies1.jpg
   some other name.mkv
   some other name.en.str

where "movies1" is generally a name such as "The Da Vinci Code (2006)". So the JPG thumbnail have name "The Da Vinci Code (2006).jpg".

I did in fact experience the thumbnail problem this release supposedly fixed, that is, if you add the thumbnail to the folder after the WDTV has seen the directory, it will only fresh it if you do a reboot. Drove me nuts when I was trying to figure out why the thumbnail doesn't show up. I've learned to work around it by just create the directory and jpg before browse to it in the WDTV.

But the issue now is none of the thumbnail is showing up!! Nothing has changed.. (Yes I did change the view from preview to Thumbnail, as the current version's default is pre-view). If I can't figure this out, I may have to go back to the old firmware.

April 01, 2010, 10:52:54 AM
Reply #22

mozzer

There is a big issue for me in this release. I have two PC with WinXP with shares. If  i give the username/pw and after i go to other PC to play something, the WD LIVE forget the previous username/pw. WD can memorize only one username/password for one PC. This is very unconfortable, if you have more than one PC in your network with shares. This was the same situation in prerelease. So i had to downgrade to 1_01_24 again.  :(

April 01, 2010, 02:31:23 PM
Reply #23

timeey

Can someone please verify that the audio out-of-sync issues with AC3 have been fixed!

I second this request!

Not fixed. Still out-of-sync when AudioOutput is set to digital.

April 01, 2010, 02:53:28 PM
Reply #24

miami_eis

Can someone please verify that the audio out-of-sync issues with AC3 have been fixed!

I second this request!

Not fixed. Still out-of-sync when AudioOutput is set to digital.

Yup, mkv ac3 toslink is still a mess...i wonder why the by far worst bug is not fixed. i personally don't give a damn about thunbnails if movies are unwatchable....

Please fix this issue WD! Otherwise the Live is an awesome product!

*edit: scott, if you read this could you please give us any info on that issue, why is it hard to fix? is it unfixable? do you know about that bug? can we somehow help you with additional information?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 02:58:33 PM by miami_eis »

April 01, 2010, 03:04:11 PM
Reply #25

Ralfioni

Just upgraded w/o any problems.

I LIKE
- the media renderer function (playto feature)
- the new and more stable Youtube interface
- ability to play a video from the preview window without restarting

I DON'T LIKE
- the german translation - it's a joke! I would help you if you let me!
- no HD on Youtube anymore
- can't stop the video preview by hitting stop anymore - please fix that asap!

April 01, 2010, 04:21:41 PM
Reply #26

SoNic67

On my system AC3 audio is in perfect sync with the video. I tend to think that is a matter of encoding of your files, has nothing to do with the digital output itself.

April 01, 2010, 05:27:25 PM
Reply #27

kantipper

After upgrade to 1.02.21 my external USB drive with NTFS file system was not detected any more. Went back to 1.01.24 and things went back to normal.
K :(

April 01, 2010, 07:19:08 PM
Reply #28

Dion

Ya I don't like the new subtitle positions..  It's way to High.  FIX THIS WD...

April 02, 2010, 12:18:26 AM
Reply #29

rokr

Ya I don't like the new subtitle positions..  It's way to High.  FIX THIS WD...

Use the UP/DOWN arrow in the remote to position the subtitle to your preference.