Author Topic: bug v1.03.01 player constantly searching then freezing  (Read 2700 times)

March 25, 2010, 04:44:17 PM
Read 2700 times

nadire

i have recently been addin tags to some mp3 files,just changin name etc,while doing this  windows media player updated dropping some updates onto the hard drive(ntfs).when i reconnected the hard drive to wdtv it was searching(flashing usb symbol)it would find all the files then start searching again if i try to play one of the files while it is searching unit freezes.on reading a suggestion on here to a similar problem i turned the media library off.now its noteven searching whether library is on or off .
the other thing that happened was a scan of the hard drive by my computer which fixed some bad sectors however the unit was working after that.i hope someone can helpcoz i havent got a clue :-\ :-\

September 04, 2010, 05:19:02 PM
Reply #1

rogerssssss

Same here.... Any solution ? Thanks,

January 05, 2011, 12:13:11 PM
Reply #2

toubib46

In the last month, WD had done three updates, all of which never improved the way WDTV live had worked before. With the first update, the remote control quit working. With the 2nd one, nothing got better. With the latest update, WD technical bunch seems not to know what to do with their software. From this day, I would highly recommend people not to buy any WDTV as out there there might be better gadgets.
With the latest update, the problems are as follows:
- For photos, you could acces the file listing, but when you choose a file to open, nothing happens as the rotating wheel keeps going on forever.
- For Internet add ons, I usually play Pandora. Well, it will access Pandora but will let you play your channels, but not the Quick Mix. If you do choose Quick Mix, the unit will shut off and reboot back to the WD screen.
- I have not tried the video portion yet, but in the past, it will play a video file and then you are stuck. The remote control will not let you do anything else.
   There mut be plenty of reasons why WD had done so many updates in a short period of times.
   My suggestion is they should fire the guy who is in charge of the software development, and replace him with somebody who knows how to programit, and be sure to test it fully before releasing the update.
Big thumb down to WD TV live.
I just got me an Argosy with 2 TB hard drive and so far, it works like a charm. Hope that the Argosy people will not hire the guy that WD just fired to go work for them.