Author Topic: Itunes Video w/DRM  (Read 2535 times)

April 29, 2009, 01:19:09 PM
Read 2535 times

hpz937

Is there a good way to convert hd videos downloaded from itunes to x264/mkv files. I have tried tunebite but it only supports xvid/mp4. i have downloaded the same vid from a torrent that is x264 w/a lower bitrate that looks much better than the one from tunebite. i'd rather obtain the vids from a legal source that from a torrent.

May 02, 2009, 04:50:04 AM
Reply #1

Starstream

You can configure Tunebite with profiles to encode the video at you may want to try at a higher bit-rate.

The videos Apple ship last I heard are nothing more than H.264 main profile in MOV or M4V with Apples DRM wrapped around it so if there are genuine Apple DRM removers out there that would be the way to go as there is no need to encode into another format the WDTV can easily handle H.264 main profile.

Tunebite does not strip the DRM it side steps it capturing the video as it is decoded by the player.

May 02, 2009, 06:12:19 PM
Reply #2

hpz937

i found a solution to my problem i found a program to strip drm from container w/o re-encoding.

May 06, 2009, 11:56:44 AM
Reply #3

sdaniels

Ahhh, could you PM me that link hpz937. I have a ****load of Apple movies I purchased, yeah that's right I bought them, and would like to watch them on my NMT or WD. Especially since I already sold 1 ATV and 2 more out the door soon.

May 07, 2009, 03:52:13 AM
Reply #4

sdaniels

Never mind, found it... Da'S**T. I can finally watch all my Dresden Files and Eureka episodes on my NMT and WD... AWSOME!!!

FYI (For Others): Need a Mac and need to hunt for Requiem 1.8.10 on Torrents Only! Not even on Rapidshare. Just drop iTunes files on it and done, no re-encode.