Author Topic: Random audio stutter  (Read 1010 times)

March 23, 2010, 01:10:44 AM
Read 1010 times

ashurek

Relatively new to the WDTV arena, love the unit but... I suffer from a completely random audio interrupt. The movie plays, the video continues without interuption, but the audio just drops out for maybe half a second, no loss of sync, it simply goes silent for a moment.
Its hooked to to an almost new Sharp LCD via HDMI, I've experimented with different HDMI cables and inputs, the odd thing is, that if I disconnect everything, power off the unit, it stops doing it for a day or 2, then will slowly begin again. Initially, the interupts will only be every 30+ minutes, but slowly get more frequent until its every 1-3 minutes and really annoying.
Have no idea how to fix it, most of the files are avi or divx, and both suffer from the same problem.
I've even taken my hard drive to a friend and left it hooked up with their unit for a few days to test the HD, and there was no problem.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it is getting very frustrating.

March 23, 2010, 07:11:58 AM
Reply #1

No Dice

Take your unit over to your friend's home and using his cables for the connection and see if the problem is still there.
Make sure you have the latest firmware update also (see what firmware they have)...sorry but that's all i know to suggest.