Author Topic: Hollow/Outlined subtitles for MKV videos  (Read 3338 times)

March 21, 2010, 01:49:08 PM
Read 3338 times

klogd

When I watch my MKV files with a subtitles track on my WD tv live, the text is just a black outline, and there is no white "inside the characters".
The files look normal in VLC.

Anyone else had this problem?

April 02, 2010, 04:01:22 AM
Reply #1

klogd

Here is a picture of the TV taken when a black object is in view. The subtitles is unreadable since the inner white fill is missing.

Has Anyone had similar problems? The file plays fine in VLC

April 03, 2010, 11:28:34 PM
Reply #2

juantxorena

In what format the subtitles are?

May 23, 2010, 05:03:51 AM
Reply #3

prof_baltazar

I have just got my WD TV Live. My first dvd was ripped with the program "Makemkv". All subtitles are in the mkv file , but I have the excact same problem as described here. It is not possible to read the subtitles!!?? Does anyone have a workaround for this? ???

June 04, 2010, 12:38:45 AM
Reply #4

prof_baltazar

I have just got my WD TV Live. My first dvd was ripped with the program "Makemkv". All subtitles are in the mkv file , but I have the excact same problem as described here. It is not possible to read the subtitles!!?? Does anyone have a workaround for this? ???

Edit: I have just ripped another DVD with makemkv and here the subtitles in the .mkv files is OK!!?? Are there different formats on subtitles on different DVD's. Does anybody know?

June 04, 2010, 08:24:07 AM
Reply #5

KAD

• WDLXTV Eye Candy OSD

I've seen this before, but it never bothered me, as long as the background is not black it is readable,
to answer a couple of questions, yes there can be different subtitle formats, as well as different charateristics even within the same format,
if you want to figure it out, demux the subtitle streams from 1 movie with "working subtitles" & 1 from "not working subtitles", compare the format and other characteristics, I'm sure you'll find something is different and you'll have your answer

KAD