Author Topic: VIDEO_TS in one, unique file and which codec ?  (Read 1164 times)

March 19, 2010, 04:20:18 AM
Read 1164 times

Erosennin_69

Hi everyone,

I have had the WDTV box for more than a year now and been very satisfied with it. Nonetheless, I read on some websites that it's supposed to play VOB files but it doesn't work on my side (I have the latest software version : 1.3.1, original, not homebrew). Nor does it play ISO files.

Actually, what I'd like to do is convert my VIDEO_TS folder in ONE, big video file that would play all the chapters without any interruption (in my case, 67, it's kinda of a demo DVD). Just like if it were one movie only. HandBrake (which I'm using) does not seem to offer such thing. Would you have a software to recommend that could do that ?

One more question : I have the latest version for HandBrake and used to convert my MKV files in order to reduce size of initial files and get the audio to work properly on the WDTV. Nonetheless, with latest HandBrake version plus latest WDTV software version, the MKVs encoded through Handbrake do not work properly anymore with WDTV. Indeed, MKV movies, in that case, take like 1 to 2 minutes to start and display in fast-forwarded fashion ;-) after 5 minutes.
I'm using a Custom Profile based on Normal Profile w/ 1800 avg kb rate, 2x pass and turbo encoding and AAC audio. In my opinion, I haven't changed any criteria compared to what I used to do before. Does anyone know where the problem could come from ?

Thanks for your time and help.