Author Topic: WD TV Live Pre-release 1.02.19  (Read 51559 times)

March 18, 2010, 02:43:46 PM
Reply #30

Whoheart

Question for those of you with thumbnail issues (folder thumbnails not getting refreshed until a system reset) - do you have a USB drive connected to your WDTV Live?

No, I don't (not at the moment, I have from time to time)
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

March 18, 2010, 03:36:57 PM
Reply #31

digitaltheatre

I reset the device factory defaults. Then my WMV files worked. Thanks...  ;)

P.S. I agree Leverbrus. AC3 Audio sync is the biggest problem on this device.

March 18, 2010, 03:37:58 PM
Reply #32

SoNic67

...One of my requirements was implemented - the HDCD encoded flac files now there are output corectly (as it should) - my receiver finally accept the PCM send over optical as HDCD and plays them accordingly....
I have tested some other files and I foud out that files with the sampling frequency higher than 44.1kHz are down-sampled to 44.1kHz. Come on! I cannot win?
Can you send the files as there are encoded via the optical SPDIF (and HDMI probably is tha same)? Pretty please???
Also the flac 5.1 is not supported. Yet... I hope?

Test files:
http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html
http://www.linnrecords.com/linn-downloads-testfiles.aspx

March 18, 2010, 04:04:59 PM
Reply #33

Pixel

Stuttering or choppy playback of some MP4 files 1920x1080/60P from Sanyo Xacti HD2000 camcorder.

March 18, 2010, 04:41:32 PM
Reply #34

thumper42

wdtvlive-1.02.19]/osd/netflix_home.xml
wdtvlive-1.02.19]/osd/dvd_navigation.xml

I thought b-rad was just playing with us , but seeing is believing!! :)

When ScottWD said something about "hidden treasures" in there last release, he wasn't kidding!! If they get everything that's in this one working, i might actually have to dig out my router and plug this thing in!! :)

Thanks, Thumper42.

March 18, 2010, 05:07:47 PM
Reply #35

echelon3

Question for those of you with thumbnail issues (folder thumbnails not getting refreshed until a system reset) - do you have a USB drive connected to your WDTV Live?

Yes Guy, I have an 80gb hard drive connected to my WDTVLive via USB.
No other media is available to WDTVLive (purposefully), no network shares, etc.

March 18, 2010, 05:39:01 PM
Reply #36

extremedigital

Hi guys please read here about exciting new feature hidden in this firmware 'Play To'

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=5367.0

March 19, 2010, 02:21:11 AM
Reply #37

Whoheart

Ok, this is spooky and depressing...

I tried to play an mpeg which worked before, but now there is no sound only picture. Then i tried an mp4 which worked before, but there is no sound only picture. Then i try an avi which worked before and the sound pops in after a second or two.

Then i return to the mpeg/mp4 and now they play stuttery sound - but stuttery i mean there is about 0.5 seconds of silence, followed by 0.5 seconds of sound.

I try resetting to default - no change.
I try turning it off for a bit and on again - no change.

I now go back to the last normal firmware... and its the same!

Did the device suddenly fry or what the heck happened?
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

March 19, 2010, 02:23:40 AM
Reply #38

FooFighter

My WUSB600N V2 stopped working with this release and there is no wireless configuration interface anymore.
Though never officially supported by WD, this device worked from the beginning. I'll go back to the last official final.

UPDATE

a reset to factory defaults and a power cycle later the issues with the wusb600n v2 were gone.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 02:20:08 PM by FooFighter »
Regards,

Foo

March 19, 2010, 05:38:43 AM
Reply #39

silvereyes

has the hdmi->dvi bug fixed?
Where the resolution output is always set at 720x480p as discussed here:
http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=3227.0

March 19, 2010, 07:31:06 AM
Reply #40

digitaltheatre

I found a new bug in this release. I always use subtitle default config at "on" position. But I and my friends also noticed that after watching some videos it returns back to "off" option.

March 19, 2010, 08:12:52 AM
Reply #41

ralfwdtv

In this prerelease have included support for new wireless devices namely the TP-LINK TL-WN821N (Atheros chipset) now works perfectly, which is not done with previous FW. This model is a good thing is that he's cheap (cost me 19 ) and has a maximum transfer of 300Mbps.

Now there is the issue of transfer of files that have a high bitrate, I tried some and the picture freezes or the sound is lost, do not know if NFS data transfer will be better.

I tried to hanewin, but does not work.

Someone can help me?

March 19, 2010, 08:32:38 AM
Reply #42

frankie-boy

I found a bug in copying files: the total amount of files isn't displayed correctly.  The total stops counting when it starts copying a large file and continuous counting after the large file is copied, then stops again when an other large file is reached and so on.
It happens when copying and moving files. Didn't try deleting or so...

Grtz,

Frank

March 19, 2010, 11:06:16 AM
Reply #43

Whoheart

Right, regarding the stuttery sound - after having the device hard switched off for a while, then playing and avi for an hour (vaguely assuming it might clear a buffer or something) all files once again played fine.

I have never seen this behavior before, and I tried to see if i could recreate it - which didn't work.

And the only thing I had been doing was testing the TwonkyBeam plugin (DNLA) - so i don't know if there is a bug in the DNLA routines which could cause this.

Sometimes the device does weird things (like when i press enter on an mp3 and get the message "folder is empty" - huh?)

March 19, 2010, 02:31:35 PM
Reply #44

klausm

Hi,

I am an IT guy and try to access media files on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Share. I tried to debug and work around the many problems wdtv live seems to have in this environment.

As I see that WD is actively working on the networking stuff I think it makes sense to post the bugs I could identify so far, hoping that it helps WD to make it more stable.

Beware: this is a lot of problems!

1)On switching on, the device is hangign for exactly 300 sec. while doing mdns discovery on the network. No menu functioning, standby switch on remote does not work. I have to pull the power.
I can reproduce this in the following cases:
  power on the unit with network cable plugged in (which means any time I want to use it).
  power on unit without network, unit works and hangs as soon as the cable is plugged in.
after waiting 5 minutes I can continue.
(this was already a bug in 1.02.14, it works ok in 1.01.17)

2) I configure the workgroup to the name of my domain: dom. The domain name is not used on logon to a share, but it still uses "workgroup" the domain name.
As a windows user I would expect it to use a local account in this case instead of a wrong domain name.
connect to network share, account data entered:
account: mediauser
password a4

Account For Which Logon Failed:
   Security ID:      NULL SID
   Account Name:      mediauser
   Account Domain:      WORKGROUP

3) if using the fields for account and password, there is an error if the password ends with /. Length of the password does not seem to matter.
example:
account: dom\mediauser
password: a4/
the device does not try to log on but searches for a netbios name "dom\mediauser    0x20", which does not exist

if the password is a4, it logs on with
domain: dom
account: mediauser
password a4

4) if logging on with the account data.
example:
data entered:
account: dom\mediauser
password a4
is now successfully logging on
New Logon:
   Security ID:      DOM\mediauser
   Account Name:      mediauser
   Account Domain:      DOM

then a second logon (to the share?) is done which fails again. The domain is missing.
Account For Which Logon Failed:
   Security ID:      NULL SID
   Account Name:      dom\mediauser
   Account Domain:      

Failure Information:
   Failure Reason:      Unknown user name or bad password.
   Sub Status:      0xc0000064

Result on wdtvlive: there is no media in the current folder

I got this environment to work and to play files in 1.01.17 with a few workarounds, but no chance for this prerelease. On the other hand 1.01.17 was useless for me because of the audio not in sync via spdif out.