Author Topic: Bug 01.02.07 FFW Stops at 2x and locks my player  (Read 2119 times)

April 27, 2009, 10:21:43 AM
Read 2119 times

Porter

Tried all the firmwares from 01.02.00 up to the new one and all apart from 01.02.00 have the same problem when playing mkv files. I hit ffwd and it starts to ffwd but will not go any faster than 2x and 30 secs in it freezes the playback and will not come out of the locked picture on the screen. If I hit the menu buttons or back it allows me to return to the menu and choose another film but when it enters the playback screen the picture it crashed on is still there and will not clear untill i drop power to the unit and reboot. Any ideas.
Cheers
Dave

April 27, 2009, 11:02:38 AM
Reply #1

fred_be9300

can you post full media info for such an MKV?
does this happen to all your MKVs?
do you have external subtitles on for the MKV? what encoding are they?

April 28, 2009, 12:57:53 AM
Reply #2

royalty

• deutscher WDTV Blog
I perceived this bug a few times - > with HD content

I tried to play the movie over wired network .. maybe the data wasn't fast enough there when i tried to FF ..

media info for my file:

kleines deutsches WDTV Projekt http://home.arcor.de/wdtv <- Mitstreiter gesucht!

April 28, 2009, 09:47:17 AM
Reply #3

fred_be9300

I tried to play the movie over wired network .. maybe the data wasn't fast enough there when i tried to FF ..
Can you reproduce the same bug when the content is on an attached disk?

April 29, 2009, 04:41:35 AM
Reply #4

liebowa

All of the MKV files that I have produced have similar issues.  These were each produced using MakeMKV.

I can not FFW faster than 2X.  Even though the screen says 4x, then 8x, etc., the FFW does not work.  And, I'd say 50% of the time, I end up with an audio out-of-sync issue when I start to play a file after even attempting a FFW.

Also, and just as frustrating, if I exit out of a movie and then go back in, the box asks me if I want to resume playback, but no matter if I select CANCEL or OK, it starts out at the beginning of the movie again.

April 29, 2009, 10:40:19 AM
Reply #5

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Is this a MakeMKV specific problem?  I have not experienced any FF issues ever. 

And I use meGUI.

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

April 29, 2009, 10:56:57 AM
Reply #6

royalty

• deutscher WDTV Blog

Can you reproduce the same bug when the content is on an attached disk?

nope, couldn't reproduce this with an attached storage
kleines deutsches WDTV Projekt http://home.arcor.de/wdtv <- Mitstreiter gesucht!

April 29, 2009, 04:42:34 PM
Reply #7

liebowa

Is this a MakeMKV specific problem?  I have not experienced any FF issues ever. 

And I use meGUI.

I suppose it could be. 

I tried to use meGUI once, but it was a bit over my head, to be honest.  That's what's so nice about MakeMKV - simply select the stream, click go, and ~50 minutes later you're done.

(Of course, if MakeMKV is causing these issues, then the simple-ness doesn't really matter, does it?)

I'll give meGUI a shot again...