Author Topic: how to connect from pc to wd tv live usb hdd after flash  (Read 2504 times)

March 07, 2010, 10:38:56 PM
Read 2504 times

marthor

just flashed my wd tv live with newest b-rad custom firmware.

Only problem after the flash is that i can't access my usb hdd connected to wd tv live when sittng at my pc. I can se the wdtvlive on my network but cannot browse the hdd anymore. Worked when i was on original firmware.

Do i have to change a settting in one of the files who was on the usb stick when i flashed? Pretty annoying that i have to physically move the usb hdd to my pc whenever i want to transfer files.

btw. the wd tv live is connected by network cable through a D-link router and im running win7 64 bit.

I'm pretty noob at all this so be patient with me   :)

thx

March 07, 2010, 11:49:40 PM
Reply #1

slowpoke

• pintoland
first u upgrade to the las original firmware
WDTVLive 1.01.24 : New Firmware available

i guess to do this then

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK, BE SURE THE ONLY TWO WDTVLIVE FILES ON THE DEVICE YOU UPGRADE WITH ARE wdtvlive.bin AND wdtvlive.ver UNLESS a wdtvlive.fff file is included in the zip. If a wdtvlive.fff file is included the flash with all three files. Delete firmware files after successful flash.

if u do that,u must don't have any problem  with mounting a hhd, i flash my wdtv-live since the version 0.3.2
always in the intertubes

March 08, 2010, 01:36:05 AM
Reply #2

marthor

well i DID upgrade to latest official firmware 1.01.24 before i flashed with b-rads latest release.

connection to wd tv live usb hdd worked fine when i was on 1.01.24 but not afterwards?

What now? Tried using ftp programs, and winscp but cant connect.

Do i have to activate some sort of share of usb hdd in on of the files i used in the flash??

March 08, 2010, 01:38:35 AM
Reply #3

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
well i DID upgrade to latest official firmware 1.01.24 before i flashed with b-rads latest release.

connection to wd tv live usb hdd worked fine when i was on 1.01.24 but not afterwards?

What now? Tried using ftp programs, and winscp but cant connect.

Do i have to activate some sort of share of usb hdd in on of the files i used in the flash??

no its broken, you wait a bit for the new version to finish uploading. ;)

March 08, 2010, 02:17:12 AM
Reply #4

marthor

thanks for your reply b-rad

Thought i just needed to adjust something but apperently not :)

Looking forward to trying with your new release. Is it out today?

March 08, 2010, 05:00:05 AM
Reply #5

belfour

thanks for your reply b-rad

Thought i just needed to adjust something but apperently not :)

Looking forward to trying with your new release. Is it out today?

Thank you for this, I thought I had gone crazy, because I had the same problem as you. What version do you have? I had no problem with B-rads 3.4.5.
"Life is like a Jar of Jalapeno's, what you do today will burn your ass tomorrow"

March 08, 2010, 05:27:08 AM
Reply #6

marthor

Thank you for this, I thought I had gone crazy, because I had the same problem as you. What version do you have? I had no problem with B-rads 3.4.5.

I'm on 0.4.1.7-1. Just bought the wd tv live so i haven't tried previous versions. Just downloaded the new 0.4.1.8
....hope this version fixes my problem

March 08, 2010, 09:23:05 AM
Reply #7

vango44

.4.1.0 firmware works with Win7 x64 wired

March 08, 2010, 12:51:16 PM
Reply #8

marthor

Yeah...

Up and running with fw  0.4.1.8
and now able to browse wd tv live usb hdd from pc :)

Thx B-rad

March 11, 2010, 12:46:12 PM
Reply #9

belfour

Yeah...

Up and running with fw  0.4.1.8
and now able to browse wd tv live usb hdd from pc :)

Thx B-rad

I could do it to, a couple of days though. Now it's back to normal. Cannot transfer files to the attached hdd's from my pc.
"Life is like a Jar of Jalapeno's, what you do today will burn your ass tomorrow"

March 11, 2010, 05:04:12 PM
Reply #10

medalofhon0r

It works for me on win7 with 0.4.1.7-1 .