Author Topic: (finally) WDLXTV_G2  (Read 69470 times)

April 30, 2010, 05:12:48 PM
Reply #135

sheeter

I tried , yes, the movie sheets is working, but is litle buggy. The movie sheet is seen but is bigger than screen and its not seen all. Modes not working properly. It is not so slow.

Copy, i got a zoomed screen too in sheetview. Hope this will be fixed when B-Rad has some time.

May 19, 2010, 07:06:08 PM
Reply #136

leolee

Sorry for my bad english!! I have a setup like this guy:
First off b-rad.cc, thank you!  I'm running 2 Gen2 devices on my network wirelessly with DLink DWA-125 adapters and they work brilliantly.  Using haneWIN NFS I am now able to access all my media wirelessly in my family room and my bedroom.  Genius.
I succesesfully installed the new firmware for the wdtv gen2, and put in the same pendrive the net.config file with this lines uncomented:
WIRELESS=TRUE
modprobe rt3070sta
DHCP=no
IP=10.0.0.10
GW=10.0.0.138
NM=255.255.255.0
DNS1=200.51.211.7
DNS2=200.51.212.7
MTU=9000

I have a linksys with no security and with ddwrt firmware.
The problem is that the usb dongle (dlink dwa 125) didn't do anything, the lights didnít turn on, so.. what I am doing wrong? Please help me!!

May 20, 2010, 04:13:51 AM
Reply #137

leolee

Again sorry for my bad english
I successefully make this thing work! But i realized that i lost both usb ports to make the wifi dongle work... b-rad, it's the only way to do this? or the net config can be saved in the wdtv?

Thanks for this firmware, and i will send you some money!

Sorry for my bad english!! I have a setup like this guy:
First off b-rad.cc, thank you!  I'm running 2 Gen2 devices on my network wirelessly with DLink DWA-125 adapters and they work brilliantly.  Using haneWIN NFS I am now able to access all my media wirelessly in my family room and my bedroom.  Genius.
I succesesfully installed the new firmware for the wdtv gen2, and put in the same pendrive the net.config file with this lines uncomented:
WIRELESS=TRUE
modprobe rt3070sta
DHCP=no
IP=10.0.0.10
GW=10.0.0.138
NM=255.255.255.0
DNS1=200.51.211.7
DNS2=200.51.212.7
MTU=9000

I have a linksys with no security and with ddwrt firmware.
The problem is that the usb dongle (dlink dwa 125) didn't do anything, the lights didnít turn on, so.. what I am doing wrong? Please help me!!

June 01, 2010, 03:02:53 AM
Reply #138

robertgreen99@gmail.com

Is it possible to change the size of the thumbnails sot they show bigger on the media player?

I want to create a movie category. e.g kids, action, horror etc but 120 x 180 is quite small can you make them bigger with this firmware?

June 09, 2010, 10:55:32 AM
Reply #139

ronaldo9_r9

Hello guys

I recently bought my second wd hd media player from amazon. When i tried to copy wdlxtv firmware which was on my another wd hd media player it basically didn't update no option to update. I went online did some research and realized that its gen 2. i then downloaded latest firmware of wdlxtv_g2 to usb pen drive and it updated fine. I also had laurentg osd for hd media player G1 when i copied laurentg to pen drive and plugged in my external hard drive with all movies in none of the sheets which worked on hd media player does not work on G2 media player.

I have over 600+ movies in there own folder with background.jpg but on new wd mediaplayer gen 2 it does not work. i know there are OSD mods which makes movie sheets work but i have to take out everymovie from there folder to make it work.

Is there a way i can use some sort of method to modify laurentg osd mod to make it work on gen 2 media player without taking out movies from there own folder?

Please help me out
Thanks

June 26, 2010, 05:08:47 PM
Reply #140

pepesil

Hi guys and girls,

I've been struggling with my wdtv g2 and a d-link dwa-111 usb wifi dongle (rt73 chipset), but so far i wasn't able to get it to work, not even the led to light up on the dongle.
I modified the net.config file provided by b-rad according to my configuration, but that didn't work:

Code: [Select]

WIRELESS=TRUE

modprobe rt73

SSID=myssid

AUTHMODE=WPAPSK

ENCRYPTION_TYPE=TKIP

ENCRYPTION_KEY=myencriptionkey

DHCP=yes

As I was using this dongle before with a Linux machine, i tried this on the net.config:

Code: [Select]
modprobe rt73
ifconfig wlan0 up
iwpriv wlan0 set CountryRegion=1
iwconfig wlan0 essid myssid
iwconfig wlan0 mode managed
iwpriv wlan0 set AuthMode=WPAPSK
iwpriv wlan0 set EncrypType=TKIP
iwpriv wlan0 set WPAPSK="myencriptionkey"
dhclient wlan0

This also didn't work..

So, once again, I'm asking anyone who has a clue about what i should do, to help me out, please.
I've read most of the posts related to this subject on this and other forums...
I also have some questions about the booting procedure. When I change the net.config file should I remove the power plug in order for the box to reboot?

Thanks and regards to everyone

July 17, 2010, 09:19:06 PM
Reply #141

Jimmys

i have successfully installed WDLXTV_G2-0.4.1.9 but
when i push ff and next in order to move forward 10 min
audio-video is still out of sync like in the original 1.77
Is WDLXTV_G2-0.4.1.9 supposed to fix this problem? ??? ???
thanks b-rad for the effort  8)

August 13, 2010, 03:09:45 AM
Reply #142

Shizophren

Hi everyone,

I'm totally new into this. I've read the whole ten pages but i have one question left unanswered.
I only want to flash this, because I want to use my externel DVD drive!

When I flash this, can I go back (in an emergency case) to the original FW?
Will an external BR-Player works too?

Thanks for you answeres.

August 19, 2010, 02:44:55 AM
Reply #143

miroha

Yes, you will be able to go back to WD firmware.
Yes and no, as it can not play encrypted disks (same applies to DVD)

August 21, 2010, 12:06:08 PM
Reply #144

escobar090

Yes, you will be able to go back to WD firmware.
Yes and no, as it can not play encrypted disks (same applies to DVD)
And what if that dvd has only an mkv file on it???Im asking cause i made backups of my movies on dvd

September 12, 2010, 11:02:17 AM
Reply #145

Tipp4Liam

Hi guys, I am a complete newbie to all of this. I bought a WDTV HD Media player last week. Firmware version 1.01.79

P/N WDBABG0000NBK - 01

Model WDBABG0000NBK - EESN

I would really like to get movie screens to show up on my device, but i think that requires soome custom fiirware updates? Does the fact that i have this newer version of the player i am blocked from making any changes to the media player?

I am not very experienced with firmware upgrades. I have looked around for info, but i am getting more and more confused. Essentially my question is, could a newbie upgrade with this firmware?

September 14, 2010, 07:00:26 PM
Reply #146

nr2134

I just bought a new unit and it had 1.01.79 installed. It was the WDBABF model same as the one I already own, so I flashed it back to 1.01.77 and it works fine. Seeing that there is a new model number, I would wait until the changelog comes out or someone is brave enough to flash it.