Author Topic: (finally) WDLXTV_G2  (Read 69469 times)

March 03, 2010, 11:32:26 PM
Read 69469 times

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
 :) ;) :D ;D  ::) ;D

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

This firmware is based off of the corresponding WDLXTV_Live-Minimal release. It contains everything which wdlxtv-live-minimal does, which means everything except lighttpd/deluge/nzbget/python/perl.

There is:
- wireless and wired USB ethernet adapter support
- telnet / ssh / ftp server
- tons of view options
- samba server
- NFS server
- sshfs / ftpfs / cifs / nfs / xfs /reiserfs mounting
- probably more.

You would be best to read up fully on wdlxtv in general and wdlxtv-live specifically. All techniques used on all variants are very similar.

net.config is the network configuration file, change it to suit yourself then power cycle with it on an attached device. ftp it to /conf when you're happy.

net.mounts contains example mounting of various net stuff

smb.conf is a sample smb.conf file. You can provide your own by saving it to /conf

Please donate if you can, this firmware took a very long time and maintaining all these masterpieces consumes a lot of energy.
If you've already donated :-* :-*

WDLXTV_G2-0.4.1.7
WDLXTV_G2-0.4.1.7-1
WDLXTV_G2-0.4.1.8
WDLXTV_G2-0.4.1.9

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

WDLXTV-Live forum thread with loads of info
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com
http://wdlxtv.com
http://b-rad.cc

Enjoy and please comment ;D

non-flashing live boot firmware (requires WDLXTV-G2)
http://rapidshare.com/files/363421195/1.01.77_B-RAD.CC_EXT3-BOOT_G2-0.4.1.9.zip
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 03:22:36 PM by b-rad.cc »

March 04, 2010, 02:23:34 AM
Reply #1

lost_bot

Will WD TV Gen2 support USB DVD with this firmware?

March 04, 2010, 03:02:02 AM
Reply #2

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
Does it say it support Optical Drives in the main wdlxtv-live description?  ::)

March 04, 2010, 03:46:58 AM
Reply #3

gr00f

This is great news. I expect more for people who know what their doing rather than me.

I'm really interested in movie sheets. Is it possible to do that with this.

If it is would someone kindly give me directions on how to put movie sheets on. Starting from the very begining since I am very much a noob when it comes to doing anything on my WDTV2.

I've seen some good ones where it looks like you scroll through films on the bottom and it shows the movie sheet at the top.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

March 04, 2010, 04:16:46 AM
Reply #4

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
I'm really interested in movie sheets. Is it possible to do that with this.

If it is would someone kindly give me directions on how to put movie sheets on. Starting from the very begining since I am very much a noob when it comes to doing anything on my WDTV2.

not a very good first post.

I've already stated that this firmware is directly related to WDTV Live and everything which applies for it applies here. If you had spent even a minute searching the forums you'd find about 1000 threads where people are asking 'where are my precious movie sheets' over and over ad naseum. They aren't here yet and asking about them without searching gets you ignored. I don't help anyone who can't attempt to help themselves first.

Now enjoy your stay.  :D

March 04, 2010, 04:19:39 AM
Reply #5

joshshafe

B-rad, we all appreciate the hard work you are putting into upgrading our WDTV's, and I will do what I can to donate to help out your cause.

I'm not able to run this yet, as I only have a 1 TB Hard Drive, and not a flash drive (which, correct me if I'm wrong, is ideal for flashing the firmware) but once I get that this weekend, I cannot wait to run this.

I'm hoping we can get some Movie/TV Sheet support as well from some of the excellent releases that I've seen here, for the WDTV v.2.

Thanks b-rad!

March 04, 2010, 04:24:38 AM
Reply #6

gr00f

Im really sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else.

I did have a quick look and couldnt see anything on there so wrote the message. Since then I have been going through each topic and each post just trying to learn more about it, as like i said i am a completly new to the scene.

Thanks for your hard work.

Sorry again and lesson learned.

March 04, 2010, 05:10:33 AM
Reply #7

evilantal

Thanks very much b-rad!

Now to take the time to learn what can be done with this piece of great software...
Hope the scene picks up on the wdtv gen2 (and this new firmware) soon, so we can have moviesheets, custom osd mods, etc. just like the original wdtv owners... ;)

March 04, 2010, 05:49:08 AM
Reply #8

mihof33

Thank you very much b-rad.

I tried your FW but Im back to original.77 because yours dont power down my HD. I allready see that I must make some changes in S00custom-options but no effect. subtitles and wallpapper changing working just fine, but not the USB power down. ( Sorry for my bad english )

March 04, 2010, 08:51:33 AM
Reply #9

DonkeyDragon

Thanks B-Rad, am installing right now. You did make a typo though, in the wdtvhd.ver, you wrote LOCATION 'wdtvlive.bin' which should be LOCATION='wdtvhd.bin'.

March 04, 2010, 11:15:44 AM
Reply #10

lost_bot

Does anyone succeed installing this firmware? I changed line in 'wdtvhd.ver' file, put three files on a flash drive (wdtvhd.bin, wdtvhd.ver, wdtvhd.fff), and player stucks at 0%. Waited nearly 30 minutes, no hope. After some dances around flashed it back with original 1.01.77.

Now trying second time - the same result... :(

March 04, 2010, 11:23:36 AM
Reply #11

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
Does anyone succeed installing this firmware? I changed line in 'wdtvhd.ver' file, put three files on a flash drive (wdtvhd.bin, wdtvhd.ver, wdtvhd.fff), and player stucks at 0%. Waited nearly 30 minutes, no hope. After some dances around flashed it back with original 1.01.77.

Now trying second time - the same result... :(

try the other slot / different device / etc. For some reason some devices act different than others in homebrew fw. I've flashed with a fat32 2GB sd card in a reader from both slots without issue.

March 04, 2010, 12:48:43 PM
Reply #12

RailWar

b-rad.cc
Thank you for your fw.
Part of my movies are not in english. And if the second usb-drive connects during booting then these movies are unrecognized.
Can you add the possibility to set via config-file a mount options -o nls=utf8.
Thanks in advance

March 04, 2010, 01:16:59 PM
Reply #13

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
b-rad.cc
Thank you for your fw.
Part of my movies are not in english. And if the second usb-drive connects during booting then these movies are unrecognized.
Can you add the possibility to set via config-file a mount options -o nls=utf8.
Thanks in advance

boot this:
http://rapidshare.com/files/358982098/1.01.77_B-RAD.CC_EXT3-BOOT_G2-0.4.1.7.zip

its a rw development version of the fw (requires running wdlxtv-g2)

there are two config_tool settings awaiting you:
Code: [Select]
config_tool -c NLS=someNLS
config_tool -c CODEPAGE=someCodepage

set NLS to utf-8, then modify /bin/xmount to check for /conf/config:NLS add nls=$NLS onto the options before you mount. Then test with every different filesystem you can find and report back here if the NLS option fails for any filesystem. I don't think every filesystem supports the nls option. I did a brief bit of experimenting and it failed, but I was trying both codepage AND nls options.

March 04, 2010, 05:09:56 PM
Reply #14

Skyfox

Works perfectly with my ASIX based TRENDnet TU2-ET100 wired ethernet adapter.  Movies that skipped and stuttered on my G1 box with the same adapter play flawlessly now.  I'm a happy man, thanks to B-Rad!!

These adapters are $18 at Amazon if anybody needs one:
http://www.amazon.com/TU2-ET100/dp/B00007IFED/