Author Topic: WD TV Live Beta release 1.02.14 - limited time only!  (Read 57617 times)

March 07, 2010, 11:07:27 AM
Reply #75

Whoheart

Hi Whoheart,

Can you confirm the "Pending" fix for "Correct Colour Matrix use (BT.709) on unflagged HD material" is NOT in this beta firmware!

I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer :-)

Nice to see beta's becoming available, Keep it coming WD!

Well, SiegeX linked to this file:
http://www.cypheros.de/files/Testbild_colour_description_alternating_120sec.ts

And if that is indeed an example of your problem then that IS fixed in this prerelease.

The video flashes colors in the latest release version of the firmware - but in the prerelease the colors are steady and do not flash.
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

March 07, 2010, 01:31:46 PM
Reply #76

Ron[NL]

• WDTV Movie Sheet Generator
And if that is indeed an example of your problem then that IS fixed in this prerelease.

The video flashes colors in the latest release version of the firmware - but in the prerelease the colors are steady and do not flash.

Good to see/hear WD fixed it for the Live. Let's wait now for them to fix it for the WDTV gen1; shouldn't be to difficult  ;)
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Showcase v2 OSD Mod

Philips 40PFL8605H, Sitecom WL-351

Trust HU-5440 USB Hub
WDTV MSG 1.7.0,  TheTvDBv3.0 TVSheetGenerator - rev 5.4.1

March 07, 2010, 05:33:28 PM
Reply #77

Whoheart

Well Ron, they claim they haven't stopped updating the old one - so perhaps you are lucky :)
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

March 09, 2010, 03:46:38 PM
Reply #78

pitokhato

Just curious.  Are we expecting another Beta or Final FW upgrade? And of course When?

Thanks

March 09, 2010, 06:50:04 PM
Reply #79

alkatraz

Hmmm I downloaded the 1.02.14 firmware in hopes it would fix some audio sync issues with HD MKV files via network shares in windows 7 x64.

I installed it ok, but then I couldn't play Bluray MKV files at all.. the loading img just sad there and spun and spun for minutes...

Now I'm reverting to 1.01.24, fingers crossed I can get others to work.

March 09, 2010, 09:21:57 PM
Reply #80

dribbller1

Hmmm I downloaded the 1.02.14 firmware in hopes it would fix some audio sync issues with HD MKV files via network shares in windows 7 x64.

I installed it ok, but then I couldn't play Bluray MKV files at all.. the loading img just sad there and spun and spun for minutes...

Now I'm reverting to 1.01.24, fingers crossed I can get others to work.

The mkv issue is known....... if you wait it should eventually play.

Sometimes when I play an MKV file the indicator spins for a while then the screen will go black for 3 to 4 minutes depending on the length of the movie... the longer the movie the longer the black screen before it plays.... sometimes I dont get the indicator at all but always get the black screen.... many people have reported this bug and im sure it will be fixed in the next official firmware release.

March 10, 2010, 11:34:30 AM
Reply #81

Whoheart

Just curious.  Are we expecting another Beta or Final FW upgrade? And of course When?

Thanks

True to form they haven't told us anything. Your guess is as good as ours.
I am guessing that they'll release the fixed version in about a month. Then 2 months after that a new prerelease, and a finished version of that around December. And then they'll probably announce a new WDTV version - and hope we'll all buy that.

March 10, 2010, 01:09:13 PM
Reply #82

Tobber

True to form they haven't told us anything. Your guess is as good as ours.
I am guessing that they'll release the fixed version in about a month. Then 2 months after that a new prerelease, and a finished version of that around December. And then they'll probably announce a new WDTV version - and hope we'll all buy that.

This doesn't sound that optimistic like your last posts... but you're right. We are told that BIG things are coming with the new release. They release it, it introduces just another big bug, doesn't fix that many old ones and then we don't hear anything anymore...
WD just misses this great opportunity they created when they released the WDTV. Big and enthusiastic community and in the beginning they showed a lot of good will. But as of late... it just looks to me as if their hands were tied. Hopefully that's not the case and they'll release some real updates really soon...!

March 10, 2010, 03:14:40 PM
Reply #83

pitokhato

I remember having read here in this forum that we hope to get 1 fw update everymonth giving more and more functionality.  So it looks like that WDTV is meeting this expectation by offering us 1 fw update every year instead of every month.  Hey, close enough!!!  ;D

Sounds sarcastic - Sorry. :-X

March 11, 2010, 04:08:05 AM
Reply #84

marciton

I don't understand why somebody from WD don't give us an estimation , it'll avoid flooding the forum.
something like : plan to have a new beta in 2 weeks , next update in 1 week. so after everybody know and wait the next week.

or better something like : "we found the mkv bug, it's fixed we'll realease a new beta  in 2 weeks , next update in 1 week"

:)

March 11, 2010, 08:34:25 AM
Reply #85

d3vil

Maybe they think that its better to post junk messages in twitter than actual important info like that  ::)

March 11, 2010, 04:37:41 PM
Reply #86

schnoid

yea, this is sad... It really seemed like WD was going to start taking an active roll in these forums and keep us up to date. So far we've gotten one broken beta, a few comments, and false hope. Can't wait for that Popbox to come out!!!

March 11, 2010, 09:18:41 PM
Reply #87

III

yea, this is sad... It really seemed like WD was going to start taking an active roll in these forums and keep us up to date. So far we've gotten one broken beta, a few comments, and false hope. Can't wait for that Popbox to come out!!!

i'm a pretty damn patient person, but man this is not very good CS from WD.... i'm almost compelled to say to myself, "what do they care, they already got our money..." but then another part of me just thinks that they're going to release another FW update that blows all our worries away...or at least eliminates 75% of the problems and glitches they have in the Live. I mean, given the amount of time its been, they should have something really damn nice going by now....

Unfortunately, the popbox release date has gotten pushed back now... so WD has a tad more time to release something pivotal in the FW area before i start writing the not so nice reviews on the Live...well at least the support for the Live by the folks over at WD.....

March 12, 2010, 12:14:27 AM
Reply #88

schnoid

i'm a pretty damn patient person, but man this is not very good CS from WD.... i'm almost compelled to say to myself, "what do they care, they already got our money..." but then another part of me just thinks that they're going to release another FW update that blows all our worries away...or at least eliminates 75% of the problems and glitches they have in the Live. I mean, given the amount of time its been, they should have something really damn nice going by now....

Unfortunately, the popbox release date has gotten pushed back now... so WD has a tad more time to release something pivotal in the FW area before i start writing the not so nice reviews on the Live...well at least the support for the Live by the folks over at WD.....

yea, i just saw that about popbox today. WD must be counting their blessings.  :(  If boxee box has as good MKV x264 streaming capability I'll probably end up getting that.

Unfortunately I'm not as optimistic about expecting something amazing from them. It took WD at least 3-4 months just to fix a few basic bugs, release an update that makes sure future updates don't brick boxes, and "fix" youtube so it plays LESS content. Then after all those months of doing almost nothing, they released a beta that did more of nothing and ended up breaking the main functionality I use WD TV Live for. I don't fault WD for bugs in a beta release by any means, and greatly appreciate the opportunity to beta test, but I'm kinda surprised someone felt that beta release would be even remotely worthy of sharing. I do look forward to Windows 7 support, so hopefully they fix that major bug and re-release it soon. New functionality would be really nice, but those "surprises" that were mentioned over a month ago are not wowing me by any means.

Its true WD already has my money.. but i'm sure as heck not helping them sell anymore if they don't make an effort. Everyone I know comes to me for tech/electronics advice, and if a product impresses me, they'll likely have at least 10-20 new customers based on my recommendation. I've been telling everyone to hold off for a few months and see what happens and they are. If WD suddenly wakes up and revamps their software then maybe I'll recommend them.

March 12, 2010, 02:12:38 AM
Reply #89

d3vil

They should just focus in the basics - playing videos, and doing it well...That means fixing the OOS bug in digital output and AC3 files. Other than that, its just bonus..something like using remote to advance/back in the file would also be nice, but i'm not even complaining about that.