Author Topic: WD TV Live Beta release 1.02.14 - limited time only!  (Read 57623 times)

February 23, 2010, 12:58:23 PM
Reply #15

ScottWD

I am waiting to see if B-Rad will find the hidden treasures in this release  :D

February 23, 2010, 01:06:58 PM
Reply #16

venk25

The date on files inside the zip is 2/8/2010.

Scott/Guy - what took you so long to release to us ?  ;D  Seriously, thanks. Will give it a try.

February 23, 2010, 01:46:53 PM
Reply #17

colbertnotion

• Welcome to COLBERTNOTION.COM
For those interested in downloading, here is an alternative BitTorrent download location (will be seeded by me as long as possible but dependent on shares from other downloaders):

http://torrage.com/torrent/933C4D2106189D59DCC226C86B5084642E73515C.torrent

Please consider supporting TORRAGE and help keep the flow of information free to all...

February 23, 2010, 02:04:28 PM
Reply #18

Whoheart

Ok,

First problem I see is: MKVs now take a lot longer to play (via shares) - first one i tried took almost 3 minutes to start playing!
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

February 23, 2010, 02:10:27 PM
Reply #19

drammff

I am waiting to see if B-Rad will find the hidden treasures in this release  :D

Hidden treasures!?

I'm sure ScottWD knows if there are hidden things in this release, so ....

February 23, 2010, 03:18:50 PM
Reply #20

Headcase_Fargone

Resolved playback across media server failures

Any idea yet what this might mean?

February 23, 2010, 04:17:50 PM
Reply #21

Whoheart

I am waiting to see if B-Rad will find the hidden treasures in this release  :D

Hidden treasures!?

I'm sure ScottWD knows if there are hidden things in this release, so ....

I'm also sure he won't tell us ;-)

But remus looked inside, and there are graphics for CinemaNow, Mediafly, Deezer and Facebook inside the firmware.

However since some people speculate that WD isn't actually writing the firmware but getting it from some Chinese company that MAY just mean other models are getting these features.

Perhaps ScottWD will say something. Or not, with all the negative vibes in here he needs to have some fun ;)
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

February 23, 2010, 06:20:14 PM
Reply #22

kebien

***I am waiting to see if B-Rad will find the hidden treasures in this release  Cheesy****

Now I;m scared to even try it !!!!

Seriously,is no secret the sigma dev support a web browser,such as the one in AZBOX satellite receiver (same sigma chipset).
Looks evident to me that more of this will show up (looking at the facebook icon in another thread make me think there will be updates in this direction,I might be wrong,of course)

I'm most intrigued now that there are hidden treasures to discover.

February 23, 2010, 07:32:05 PM
Reply #23

rokr

Thank you WD dev team for the subtitle font size and .PGS subtitle support, these are huge improvements!

I would like to request a couple of things, if possible:

1. Ability to change subtitle position on the screen up/down (offset)

2. The audio information OSD when a video starts, can you disable that?

Thanks  :)

February 23, 2010, 08:26:06 PM
Reply #24

dr99

Ok,

First problem I see is: MKVs now take a lot longer to play (via shares) - first one i tried took almost 3 minutes to start playing!

I had the same problem with every mkv I tried, but it took me about 30 secs for each video to start.

February 23, 2010, 09:02:20 PM
Reply #25

Whoheart

The MKV problem seems to be related to the length of the MKV clip. It goes up exponentially - its like the device is trying to read the entire fil before it starts playing it.

But only via Shares, if you play it via a USB stick it starts after a second or so.

Has anybody found that "European language input for keyboard" they claim to have added?

February 24, 2010, 01:01:02 AM
Reply #26

kaitokid

So this pre-release firmware does not solve the subtitle position problem yet? My god... how long should it take to solve this simple problem.. I do not ask for full subtitle functions, but just lower the subtitle as what WD TV HD gen 1 does right now...

February 24, 2010, 01:37:01 AM
Reply #27

dribbller1

Yep my mkv's doing the same and yes the delay is determined by the length of the movie.

I started a full length movie and it started after 4 minutes (4 minutes of black screen)
I started a Pixar short movie and it started after 20 seconds (also black screen)

The same thing happens in the preview screen when in preview mode.

Not to fussed as it is beta release after all... pretty sure now its surfaced it will be resolved in the official release.

WD can you please resolve the double thumb issue... pretty please with sugar on top :) :) :)

February 24, 2010, 01:54:35 AM
Reply #28

dribbller1

So this pre-release firmware does not solve the subtitle position problem yet? My god... how long should it take to solve this simple problem.. I do not ask for full subtitle functions, but just lower the subtitle as what WD TV HD gen 1 does right now...

I know people are frustrated.... believe me I'm one of them.... however I think and this is only my opinion.. but I think WD have started... (I said started so not yet) to redeem themselves in regards to communication and trying to ease the pain with a beta release... I for one have stopped complaining for now as I'm somewhat pleased with the way things are heading :)

February 24, 2010, 02:20:28 AM
Reply #29

d3vil

So many changes and still the major bugs are still present, like the out-of-sync audio issues with AC3 and digital output