Author Topic: WD TV Live Beta release 1.02.14 - limited time only!  (Read 57483 times)

March 17, 2010, 03:37:17 AM
Reply #120

pitokhato

Expecting a good customer service is not whining, not in Western World for sure.  Forget about giving us regular FW upgrade, all we are expecting for now is 1 or 2 line status update from WD officials as to what's happenning with FW upgrade.  One positive response from WD will bring lots of Constructive comments.  For whatever reason if they can not release next upgrade for next month or two or even a year, for God's shake, please tell us so.  Now is this a constructive comment?  It depends how you read it.

Thanks

March 17, 2010, 05:48:13 AM
Reply #121

marciton

Ok so i guess the next question is how do we turn our complaints up to 11? should we all return our wd tv lives at once? maybe start a nation wide return until they yield? Any ideas?

The complaints end now.  WD was KIND ENOUGH to put up this beta release for some people to try.  All the complaints will do is END their involvement in helping the mod community and END their dialog with the end users.  This update specifically stated that is was a beta primarily for users of Win 7 and users of specific previously unsupported wireless dongles. 

Most everyone who uses the WDTV Live is very happy with it.  But a few vocal detractors whining will only drive WD away.  Do you see what whining endlessly about DVD menu support succeeded in? NOTHING.  Because WD is doing EVERYTHING that they can do, within reason, to provide a better product. 

If you don't have a CONSTRUCTIVE input then please leave. 

I'm agree with you , but a lot of people are frustrated to don't have any feedback.
I think here a lot of people are agree to test beta and do some reports , but WD don't give any answer and it's create annoying complain ...
I think that the mkv bug block a lot of people to test more the beta.

March 17, 2010, 09:01:13 AM
Reply #122

jade

@ jayallan. First off where do you get off telling us we are not allowed to vent our frustraions with this product? Maybe your another wd lackey? I paid hard earned money for a product and i expect it to work and to work to my standards. If wd isn t capable or not intrested there is a whole world of hackers and coder who are as already proven. I m just trying to get wd to own up and accept there responability to there consumers before we migrate enmass to b rad or some one else. Also and i want you to think about this not includeing the beta version when was the last fw they sent us? 3 months ago 6? Seriously own up and fix the fw and post it already or watch as a whole group of people bad mouth what could of been a amazing product.

March 17, 2010, 09:42:03 AM
Reply #123

Armand

Do you see what whining endlessly about DVD menu support succeeded in? NOTHING. 

That is absurd and false on its face. What it lead to was a thread on their own site showing that this was by far the most acute flaw from the user perspective.

I spoke with WD top tier support last week and they indicated that it was specifically the level of consumer complaint on this that is has put this issue on the front burner. They didn't even know it was an issue, never mind a key problem, until they got a massive nubmer of complaints.

BTW everything you heard about licensing for menus being the obstacle is wrong according to the WD person I spoke with -- and that is the reason why WD never has said that is the problem.

What I heard directly is they are "behind by three months on firmware"  and it is specifically complaints voiced by users that are driving their priorities on what is and is not being done with firmware. I am sure Scott can confirm this, and at the least not deny it since I know I spoke with someone higher up on the team.

March 17, 2010, 11:28:15 AM
Reply #124

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Expecting a good customer service is not whining, not in Western World for sure.  Forget about giving us regular FW upgrade, all we are expecting for now is 1 or 2 line status update from WD officials as to what's happenning with FW upgrade.  One positive response from WD will bring lots of Constructive comments.  For whatever reason if they can not release next upgrade for next month or two or even a year, for God's shake, please tell us so.  Now is this a constructive comment?  It depends how you read it.

Thanks

I agree with you and I welcome any discussion on ways to improve this product for us end users.  What I don't approve of is direct bashing of individuals at WD who are trying to help us.   "Turning up our complaints to 11" will just cause WD to go silent. 
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

March 17, 2010, 11:34:50 AM
Reply #125

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
@ jayallan. First off where do you get off telling us we are not allowed to vent our frustraions with this product? Maybe your another wd lackey? I paid hard earned money for a product and i expect it to work and to work to my standards. If wd isn t capable or not intrested there is a whole world of hackers and coder who are as already proven. I m just trying to get wd to own up and accept there responability to there consumers before we migrate enmass to b rad or some one else. Also and i want you to think about this not includeing the beta version when was the last fw they sent us? 3 months ago 6? Seriously own up and fix the fw and post it already or watch as a whole group of people bad mouth what could of been a amazing product.

First off, I can tell you anything I like as this is my house.  And you come here calling me a "lackey"? Then you try to stage some sort of revolt?  And you are all going to leave en mass?  I set up this site to help people, and bring information to all the WDTV users.  This site has done more to help WDTV users than all other sites combined. 

You don't like the way I run my site then go away.  My house, my rules. You crossed the line so this is your only warning. 
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

March 18, 2010, 12:12:39 AM
Reply #126

frankie-boy

Ok so i guess the next question is how do we turn our complaints up to 11? should we all return our wd tv lives at once? maybe start a nation wide return until they yield? Any ideas?

The complaints end now.  WD was KIND ENOUGH to put up this beta release for some people to try.  All the complaints will do is END their involvement in helping the mod community and END their dialog with the end users.  This update specifically stated that is was a beta primarily for users of Win 7 and users of specific previously unsupported wireless dongles. 

Most everyone who uses the WDTV Live is very happy with it.  But a few vocal detractors whining will only drive WD away.  Do you see what whining endlessly about DVD menu support succeeded in? NOTHING.  Because WD is doing EVERYTHING that they can do, within reason, to provide a better product. 

If you don't have a CONSTRUCTIVE input then please leave. 

hear hear