Author Topic: WDLXTV-LIVE-0.4.X  (Read 489786 times)

August 23, 2011, 07:53:07 AM
Reply #990

schnoid

aw, bummer, thanks for the reply though. Are people really renaming their thumbnails to folder.jpg ? Is there any suggestion someone can give about fixing this problem? I really don't want to go through and rename 1000+ jpgs  :-(

August 25, 2011, 10:36:46 AM
Reply #991

rick19011

When is it going to be released isn't the relesde date overdue?
It's taking the p*ss  >:(

August 26, 2011, 02:58:34 PM
Reply #992

wizball

have to test again:

For ages had b-rads older 1.03.49_V_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.7.3 but actual dvd movies only play to 1st chapter then quit..
-- > thats all fixed..

Installed latest and thought lost usb2 optical drive reading..  If you burned to dvd called NEW and the new dvdr inserted = called NEW

then its not picked up - new inserted dvdr..  hmmm - older wdlx  = used to see a difference.. Mounted then unmounted - then new mounted.. ok- used to have dupe in wdhdtvlive for a few seconds..  hardly an issue..

Old Nero Burning Rom used to call everything burned dvdr called "new"..

Will try B-rads upgrade again tomorrow when sober..

note:

Have 2 external usb dvd dual layer drives, and some dvdrs written work with one drive and not the the other. ??
Wish I always used r05 dye single layers :(  older b-rad firmware I used =
can hotplug usb different manufactureres optical drives and no wdhdtvlive reboot.. =  recognize..

Most missed facility of wdhdtvlive = optical drives.. dvds and burned to dvdr media etc .. Thanks b-rad - anyway 
ya made it work more than it should do.. ;)

what popcorn hour?

[edit]  wrong install.. 1.02.21_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.7.3 reinstalled - works it again.

Should never get drunk :(

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:13:23 AM by wizball »

October 13, 2011, 01:48:39 AM
Reply #993

samuk

Hi Guys,

I will be installing firmware version WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.1.9-6 on my WD Live Player. I assume i copy files onto a USB stick and power up the WD player? Do i need to modify any file before i update? S something file i have seen mentioned here.

Now, have not done this well before, so bear with me.

I want to have movie sheets, and stream movies from a NAS Box. Also want to use YouTube on the WD Player.

Is there much i have to do other then install the update and get thumbnail gen going?

Where should i bee looking for this info for beginners? I tried reading through the 67 pages of this post, but go completely lost..

Thanks in advance..

October 19, 2011, 07:40:05 PM
Reply #994

kz

Hi Guys,

I will be installing firmware version WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.1.9-6 on my WD Live Player. I assume i copy files onto a USB stick and power up the WD player? Do i need to modify any file before i update? S something file i have seen mentioned here.

Now, have not done this well before, so bear with me.

I want to have movie sheets, and stream movies from a NAS Box. Also want to use YouTube on the WD Player.

Is there much i have to do other then install the update and get thumbnail gen going?

Where should i bee looking for this info for beginners? I tried reading through the 67 pages of this post, but go completely lost..

Thanks in advance..

This is very old firmware.Look at here: http://forum.wdlxtv.com/

November 08, 2011, 08:27:19 AM
Reply #995

Buqpa

Hello everybody!
I am quite new to this firmware, but I would like to make some slight modifications. I have programming skills, but I would like to ask here before I try to do something impossible. Of course I will share the result :)

I am trying to make a super fast firmware, as clena as possible. I just need to play the HDMI o Video output (doesn't really matter which, but up to today I rather use video output instead of HDMI). I don't need sound or any other thing, just to autoplay in autoloop mode the file inside a USB drive. I would like to control the on-screen to show a simple text or logo and to play the file (h.264) as quick as possible.

How does it sound to you?

It may sound stupid to have only that feature, but for me it is important. I hope you understand it!

Best,
Diego

November 08, 2011, 10:37:13 AM
Reply #996

theruckman

Forgive me if this was covered but just so many forums....I have a NEW WDTV unit, firmware 1.03.10 (latest)....can I just download the latest WDLXTV firmware to do all this cool stuff, copy to USB, reboot...etc... and all is good OR do I need to downgrade to earlier firmware first to install the WDLXTV firmware? Hoping I am understanding that the latest units are able to do this and not just the older previous models?

thx!

Scott

January 09, 2012, 07:35:12 PM
Reply #997

rayskees

Please Somebody Help....
I just got a wdtv live for xmas and have been trying to put brads custom firmware on it what am I doing wrong. I am using windows vista and have my flash drive 8gb I put the bin. and ver. files on the drive plug it in to the wdtv and nothing... Ive tried everything please any info would be a life saver right now . Thank You

January 10, 2012, 03:30:05 AM
Reply #998

RavRob

• DeSpammer

This will help you
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Main_Page
When you try and install the custom firmware there are a few things you/we need to know
What firmware do you have now on the WDTV?
What firmware version are you trying to install?

When you say you have a WDTV Live, please know that there are 4 of those
the Live first gen
the Live Plus
the Live Hub and
the Live Streaming

The last two can't be customized.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

January 10, 2012, 04:19:22 AM
Reply #999

rayskees

This will help you
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Main_Page
When you try and install the custom firmware there are a few things you/we need to know
What firmware do you have now on the WDTV?
What firmware version are you trying to install?

When you say you have a WDTV Live, please know that there are 4 of those
the Live first gen
the Live Plus
the Live Hub and
the Live Streaming
The last two can't be customized.

Ok cool well im running 1.06.15 and am trying to install firmware 1.01.24_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.1.9-6. It has not been working all times I tried it. Thank You So Much for your help!

January 10, 2012, 06:28:09 AM
Reply #1000

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Well, 1.01.24_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.1.9-6 is certainly not the latest.  You can get the latest here:
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Main_Page#Download

Then to install you will need to edit the *.ver file with a new version number.  Check the "Downgrading" here:
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Main_Page#How_To_Install
WDTV Live
DLink - Dir-655 Router

January 10, 2012, 10:51:39 AM
Reply #1001

rayskees

Ok awesome I got the firmware working I just adjusted the ver file as you said. Now Ive been up all night trying to figure out these msheets so I can have my wdlxtv looking DOPE. I tried editing the s00 file but nothing happend . I have my msheets made with Thumbgen but nothing is showing up.? Now I cant even see my local hd when hooked up. Pleassee...

January 16, 2012, 05:35:00 AM
Reply #1002

recliq

• WDLXTV
RTFW - Read The F*'%ing Wiki - http://wiki.wdlxtv.com
WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! [:-

March 25, 2013, 02:48:04 PM
Reply #1003

ellisr63

I just got the firmware installed but when I use putty to setup the web... I input root, hit enter, then hit enter again for the password and it says... Login incorrect.
I can get in through my web page but I can't configure it. I was able to install the apps only.

What am I doing wrong?
tia,
Ron
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:12:23 PM by ellisr63 »

March 26, 2013, 05:09:55 AM
Reply #1004

RavRob

• DeSpammer

WDTV Live
DLink - Dir-655 Router