Author Topic: WDLXTV-LIVE-0.4.X  (Read 498210 times)

April 21, 2010, 12:13:07 AM
Reply #795

dribbller1

i have .XX.9.6 and had to add  config_tool -c USB_POWER_OFF=1 to stop my player from always turning back on.  Thanks for the heads up.  now if I can just change the background  :(

Same here.... have the latest ext3 and I want to use my own background.... cant do it  :-\ anyone know where I have to place the image and what the command line should read?

April 21, 2010, 12:32:49 AM
Reply #796

Martor

April 21, 2010, 06:33:13 AM
Reply #797

tonyd

thanks, i hope this lets me change the background now. 

April 21, 2010, 08:53:55 AM
Reply #798

tonyd

thanks, i hope this lets me change the background now. 

Everything worked out great!  Thanks  ;D

April 21, 2010, 02:01:21 PM
Reply #799

hoopbull

Just installed the new firmware. Worked great, got the moviesheets working in no time....Thanks B-RAD!!!!

April 21, 2010, 02:10:49 PM
Reply #800

skiwithpete

Just installed the new firmware. Worked great, got the moviesheets working in no time....Thanks B-RAD!!!!

Just to be clear on moviesheets.  I have to create the moviesheet .jpg for each movie I want a moviesheet for, then upload them onto the WDTVLive?

There's no automated way... is that right?

April 21, 2010, 02:51:05 PM
Reply #801

Whoheart

Just to be clear on moviesheets.  I have to create the moviesheet .jpg for each movie I want a moviesheet for, then upload them onto the WDTVLive?

There's no automated way... is that right?

You have to create the sheets yes, but I don't think you are supposed to upload them to the live, it wouldn't have space to store them - you put them in the relevant directories (ie where your movies are)

But this doesn't really work with shares (a lot of hacking seems to be necessary to get them recognized) , only USB input at the moment
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

April 21, 2010, 02:55:17 PM
Reply #802

KAD

• WDLXTV Eye Candy OSD
I think sheets work with network shares. I'd don't have mine on a network, but I've read many are running sheets on a network, just need to mount the network shares, if I'm wrong, maybe somebody running sheets on a network can chime in.

KAD

April 21, 2010, 03:48:10 PM
Reply #803

Ghost1980

yes it works perfectly for me over network share and you have to mount it.

Use HaneWin or a similar programme and follow this guide - http://mrlazy.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/how-to-setup-nfs-shares-on-wd-tv-using-hanewin/

First time I have done anything similar to this and I got there........

April 21, 2010, 06:29:23 PM
Reply #804

z0mbiexx

• [.AsphyxiatedGod.]
anyone else having issues with the root folder of net.mounts showing the folder.jpg anymore? every folder within that main folder shows the thumb and moviesheets no problem.  ???

edit:
also on sub/idx subtitles if white it shows them transparent and with a black outline which makes it almost impossible to read :(
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 07:51:18 PM by z0mbiexx »

April 21, 2010, 10:06:11 PM
Reply #805

dribbller1

My sheets are working perfect over a network share.... I dont have it mounted either but when I press play on the folder it plays the images within the folder (sheet and thumb) so I guess the mounting fixes that...is that correct?

Also please can someone help me out with using my own background?.... I did it once before with an older version of brads but cant seem to get it happening this time round.... so please some help gents?

April 21, 2010, 10:40:57 PM
Reply #806

belfour

My sheets are working perfect over a network share.... I dont have it mounted either but when I press play on the folder it plays the images within the folder (sheet and thumb) so I guess the mounting fixes that...is that correct?

Also please can someone help me out with using my own background?.... I did it once before with an older version of brads but cant seem to get it happening this time round.... so please some help gents?

I just renamed a jpg file to villa_bg (1280 x 720) and placed it on the root of a fat32 disc/pendrive. Also, I don't know if it's necessary, but I removed the # in front of config_tool -c BACKGROUND_IMAGE=villa_bg.jpg.

Mark
"Life is like a Jar of Jalapeno's, what you do today will burn your ass tomorrow"

April 21, 2010, 10:58:57 PM
Reply #807

dribbller1

I just renamed a jpg file to villa_bg (1280 x 720) and placed it on the root of a fat32 disc/pendrive. Also, I don't know if it's necessary, but I removed the # in front of config_tool -c BACKGROUND_IMAGE=villa_bg.jpg.

Mark

I think I tried that but with the ext3..... Ill try it again.... thanks belfour :)

April 21, 2010, 11:22:39 PM
Reply #808

dribbller1

Ok this is weird but it happened yesterday too.

Firstly it worked what I did above so thanks mark.... as I said im sure I did something similar yesterday but I think I didn't do the whole pull the power plug in and out....

Anyway yesterday and today after changing my background I lost my network share.... yesterday I thought it was just a coincidence but after it happened again just now It def has something to do with it.

Im about to restart my pc to see if that helps.  

EDIT.... PC restart was what it needed :)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:31:55 PM by dribbller1 »

April 21, 2010, 11:41:58 PM
Reply #809

kgian

Everything seems to work fine! Looks like the WDTV Live is now allmost complete with all features.