Author Topic: WDLXTV-LIVE-0.4.X  (Read 678980 times)

June 08, 2011, 03:40:06 PM
Reply #975

neoculture

In the earlier firmware releases I was able to label the jpgs the same as the movie and it worked perfectly fine.

Sounds like there may have been a change in the "official" software then. Originally, the thumbnail bit worked as follow:
1) for a movie (say, moviename.avi) the software looked for "moviename.jpg" and used that to display the movie thumbnail.
2) for a folder, the software would first look for "folder.jpg" in that folder and then, if it hadn't found one, would use the first *.jpg it found in the folder.  So you didn't actually need a "folder.jpg" if you were happy with the folder display whatever thumbnail was found.

From what you are saying, it appears the behaviour for (2) has been modified to only look for "folder.jpg".  If that is so, I haven't noticed it as I always have a folder.jpg for each folder, regardless of what (or how much) is in them.

June 08, 2011, 04:33:08 PM
Reply #976

schnoid

In the earlier firmware releases I was able to label the jpgs the same as the movie and it worked perfectly fine.

Sounds like there may have been a change in the "official" software then. Originally, the thumbnail bit worked as follow:
1) for a movie (say, moviename.avi) the software looked for "moviename.jpg" and used that to display the movie thumbnail.
2) for a folder, the software would first look for "folder.jpg" in that folder and then, if it hadn't found one, would use the first *.jpg it found in the folder.  So you didn't actually need a "folder.jpg" if you were happy with the folder display whatever thumbnail was found.

From what you are saying, it appears the behaviour for (2) has been modified to only look for "folder.jpg".  If that is so, I haven't noticed it as I always have a folder.jpg for each folder, regardless of what (or how much) is in them.

i think you're 100% right. I actually never noticed if it was just looking for the very first jpg in the folder, but I always put one jpg in a folder with my movie and I always labeled it exactly the same as the movie and it always worked. Why would they change that functionality? Being able to show my images in the thumbnail view was one of my favorite features of the wdtv. I really don't want to change every image to be named folder.jpg  :(  Is there any way I can trick the wdtv into thinking the jpgs are all labeled folder.jpg? I would revert back to an old version of the firmware, but I upgraded my server (where all my movies are located) to Win 7 64-bit and unfortunately that doesn't work with the old versions. Thanks for your help!

June 19, 2011, 04:10:41 PM
Reply #977

jason3211

i am in serious need of some help with this.....i just got a wdtv live and it is horrible at reading shares and when i put the files on the thumbdrive to put b-rads on there it never reads them...

June 19, 2011, 10:21:41 PM
Reply #978

jason3211

ok i got the firmware on there......but still not getting netflix or network shares to work.....was able to get netflix with the stock at least......is there something i am missing?

June 23, 2011, 11:15:20 AM
Reply #979

bonbonfoni

Hi there,
i got a small issue with the custom firmware and the search option didn't help me

Official Firmware:

Navigate through "Video" --> "Local files" you get the "Folders" option by default

Custom Firmware:

Navigate through "Video" --> "Local files" you get the "All video" option by default

This is quite inconvenient if you are using sheets

How can I change the default browsing order?

June 30, 2011, 03:53:58 AM
Reply #980

recliq

• WDLXTV
You can't. WD changed the default in newer firmwares.
WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! [:-

July 07, 2011, 10:42:40 PM
Reply #981

d3bugu

Whats the latest b-rad firmware is it based on now? seems dead

July 22, 2011, 03:06:06 PM
Reply #982

h101

all the links to download takes to another site where you are required to create a free account but Register button on that site does not do anything.  pls help.

July 22, 2011, 03:08:28 PM
Reply #983

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Whats the latest b-rad firmware is it based on now? seems dead
The latest are
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.4.7.3 for live and
1.03.49 WDLXTV 0.4.7.3 for live and plus

not sure for the G2
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

August 22, 2011, 11:54:48 AM
Reply #984

herculesxt

A new Brad firmware is about to be launched.

August 22, 2011, 02:11:28 PM
Reply #985

recliq

• WDLXTV
No, a new WDLXTV firmware is about to be lauched.  ;)
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! [:-

August 22, 2011, 03:19:54 PM
Reply #986

isotopic

what's the release date?

August 22, 2011, 03:55:56 PM
Reply #987

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Any day now....
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

August 22, 2011, 09:30:59 PM
Reply #988

schnoid

any idea if b-rad's new firmware will display folder thumbnails even if the image inside the folder is not labeled folder.jpg (when viewing a shared drive)? All my thumbnails are labeled the same as the movie name. One of the biggest features I miss from before the Windows 7 fix was released was being able to see my folder icons. Thanks s much for all your hard work!

August 23, 2011, 01:05:32 AM
Reply #989

recliq

• WDLXTV
The mechanism to display folder thumbs is part of the closed dmaosd provided by WD, not much we can do about that...