Author Topic: REQ v1.01.24 Audio Codec Displays - Annoyingly  (Read 1206 times)

February 16, 2010, 02:16:43 PM
Read 1206 times

siboad

I found this first reported as a bug, although it it apparently a designed feature of the unit.

--> BUG v1.01.00 Audio Codec Displays - Annoyingly
--> on: November 12, 2009, 03:50:21 PM  
-->--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-->The audio codec of video files displays in the middle of the screen for a couple seconds when a new video file is
-->displayed. There does not seem to be any good reason for this to always be there. And it is a little bit annoying.
-->Please remove it or allow it to be toggled on and off in video settings.

It is still present in v1.01.24 and it is still annoying. I understand from the community forums that the next patch will begin to address issues like this.

Please include an option to turn this feature off as it in no way improves the viewing experience of the customer.

February 16, 2010, 02:35:33 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Just because you don't use the feature does not mean everyone else does not need it. 

The display is useful when multiple audio tracks are present, or tracks in different languages. 

If I had to chose between losing it or keeping it I would vote keep it.  I have no problem with adding the ability to turn off the display however.

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

March 18, 2010, 07:37:39 AM
Reply #2

Cinema in DK

I agree, it would be really helpfull if it could be toggled on and off in video settings.

I use a WD Live in the lobby of a cinema for player a handfull of film trailers repeatedly, and it does'nt look nice with the Audio Codec Display popping up every time a new trailer comes on.
Please make this feature optional.
Thanks