Author Topic: Screetching Sound at start of videos  (Read 1653 times)

March 17, 2009, 06:59:04 PM
Read 1653 times

Utes

When I start a video, there is a super loud screetching sound for about 2-3 seconds, then it stops, and the video begins. I don't hear this when I play it through my computer. Any thoughts? I'm running the most recent firmware. Connected through HDMI.

Thanks,
Utes

March 17, 2009, 09:09:19 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Never heard of this before.   What type of files are you using and what audio codec?

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

March 18, 2009, 10:51:23 AM
Reply #2

Utes

These are .AVI files with XvID codex, Audio VBR MP3 96kbps.

March 18, 2009, 12:44:03 PM
Reply #3

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
I really have no idea on this one.  I would try converting the audio to a different format.  Since it is an AVI this should be fairly easy.  I would also try using your analog outputs as a test to see if the screeching goes away.  Most likely it is a problem with your files, even though your PC doesn't detect it.  It could be that your receiver or the WDTV is more sensitive.  Either way I am willing to bet that the audio on your files is corrupted or miss coded somehow.  No one has ever complained about screeching before.  Let us know what you find!

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

March 23, 2009, 07:11:12 AM
Reply #4

nograde1

the same thing happened to me from an .avi that I put to dvd format then put video_ts on wdtv.  it screeched the whole movie???