Author Topic: WDTV Software Update 1.02.07  (Read 17113 times)

April 22, 2009, 12:44:06 PM
Read 17113 times

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Time for another update.     :)

As with 1.02.02, .03, .04 and 06 this is a PRE RELEASE which means it is not necessarily bug less.   

It is however an OFFICIAL RELEASE from WD.

Here is the direct link  http://support.wdc.com/download/wdtv/WDTV_FW_1_02_07.zip

This is a pre-release version of the firmware. Feel free to install it but be aware this is beta firmware so use it at your own risk.
If you are not comfortable with this, please wait for the final version.

What's New?

Prerelease 1.02.07 (includes all previously released updates)

* Enhanced cover art, album art, and thumbnail support for media files and folders
    * Additional subtitle languages and decoding support
    * Improved media playback and navigation
    * More audio formats for MKV container
    * Fixed bugs reported by the WD TV user community

Fixed items:

* Added option to toggle subtitle default to 'On' or 'Off'
* Added subtitle outline thickness selection
* Added hard drive spindown on WDTV power off

UPDATED

Western Digital has now made this the current official Public Firmware. 

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:38:15 PM by jayallan »
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

April 22, 2009, 03:42:24 PM
Reply #1

Jarcy

Added hard drive spindown on WDTV power off

AWESOME.... they're listening!

I'll give this a go as soon as I can.

Many thanks for the support/feedback Jay, keep up the good work.

April 22, 2009, 04:31:16 PM
Reply #2

goodman

Just flash my unit with 1.02.07 release to test the drive spin down feature when power off WDTV; the light on my WS my passpost still lits, it does not power the drive off.

April 22, 2009, 05:17:39 PM
Reply #3

z0diac

* Enhanced cover art, album art, and thumbnail support for media files and folders
    * Additional subtitle languages and decoding support
    * Improved media playback and navigation

Hopefully the 'jump to unknown location' when FFing or RWing an HD movie is fixed!

Fixed items:

* Added option to toggle subtitle default to 'On' or 'Off'

Great!  No longer have to hit options and turn off subs every time.  Finally.

BIG bugs to me I'd like fixed ASAP:

* Turn on sequential file playing!!!  Most of my videos are spanned across multiple volumes - it's frustrating to have it stop and have to select the next one each time.
* FASTER FILE LISTING!!!!  I have <whatever> mode (whatever it's called) turned off, which supposedly speeds up file listings - and it's GAWD AWEFUL slow - and I only have about 30 files on the whole drive!!  I much prefer having my regular directory structure shown to me because its' organized that way - but why the heck does it take so bloody long to list 30 files split into 3 or 4 subdirs??  GRRR!  It's a 1 TB drive!  What's it going to be like when it has 300 or 1000 files on it!?

WD:  Please work on these for next update!!  ^^

BUG FIX CONFIRMATION:  FFing and RWing now *stays* at the spot you're on!  Wh00t!!  Yes, now when you're FFing through an HD file, it will not longer jump to some unknown location once you hit play.  It seems to stop and play right where you are.  I've only just tried it on one file, but this [very annoying] bug seems to be fixed.  Excellent!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 05:33:41 PM by z0diac »

April 22, 2009, 09:05:48 PM
Reply #4

catire

The WD doesnt turn the drives off it just tells them to stop spinning, you should be able to feel it spinning and if its quiet enough hear it.

April 22, 2009, 10:31:58 PM
Reply #5

MacSimon

So, before I would eject the drive (causing spindown) and pull out the USB cable. This update lets me just press the power switch on the WDTV's remote to achieve spindown. Is it designed to be left like that even if the drive remains powered?

April 23, 2009, 10:15:29 AM
Reply #6

catire

So, before I would eject the drive (causing spindown) and pull out the USB cable. This update lets me just press the power switch on the WDTV's remote to achieve spindown. Is it designed to be left like that even if the drive remains powered?

Yes drives are designed that way, most external drives spin down after a certain ammount of time of inactivity has passed.

April 24, 2009, 01:36:40 PM
Reply #7

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Do discuss this update further I opened a new thread HERE  http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=465.0

:)

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

May 01, 2009, 11:13:05 AM
Reply #8

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
UPDATED

Western Digital has now made this the current official Public Firmware. 

:)