Author Topic: WDTVLive 1.01.24 : New Firmware available  (Read 74303 times)

February 24, 2010, 05:14:58 AM
Reply #105

probedb

hello,
since I migrated to 1.01.24 I've an extrem slowness to enumerate the movies on a USB disk pluged on the WD Live (the WDlive just don't see the USB disk). same for the network it's spend a long time before it can connect.

it's near that 5 min. before it can see the USB key.

I'll try to downgrade to 1.01.17 to see if the performance back to normal ...

any idea ?

Start a new thread, no-one will find your question in here.

February 27, 2010, 01:25:36 PM
Reply #106

Armand

If a product has more than 1-3% defective returns, the big store chains will refuse to carry it anymore. If the item has more than 5% returns from unhappy buyers ("changed my mind"), the same thing happens.
Pretty clear you have never worked in bog box retail in almost all cases it is the maker that eats those losses by contract. the box stores don't care.

February 27, 2010, 01:32:02 PM
Reply #107

Armand

Don't rush with the new Beta Firmware...this, must be a BIG one... a lot of FIXs in it without making mistakes.
Can you at last tell us if there will some features in it or just  fixes?

Actually of the top 20 issue requests for on the WD own WDTVLIVE forums not one of the issues is addressed by the new firmware which is already done with second beta

March 16, 2010, 05:01:26 PM
Reply #108

fcisco13

i finally upgraded tothis new firmware just to find out that when trying to watch a youtube video i get the "this video has been restricted and cannot be seen on tv devices" come on how stupid is this!!! im so pissed off i upgraded!!

March 23, 2010, 01:49:27 AM
Reply #109

NoSubstitute

• No Substitute
Then just downgrade.

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to read the forum before upgrading.
No need to piss and moan.
There is No Substitute!

March 28, 2010, 03:50:57 PM
Reply #110

ast

No fix yet to networking mess? I'm using Buffalo Mini, intermitent connection! Sigh!

March 29, 2010, 03:37:28 AM
Reply #111

Whoheart

This is an outdated version - perhaps the thread should be locked?
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.