Author Topic: WDTVLive 1.01.24 : New Firmware available  (Read 48333 times)

February 20, 2010, 09:20:24 PM
Reply #90

dribbller1

Sorry for the delay. We're trying to get this firmware out as soon as possible.

Waiting patiently Guy :)

If its still a few weeks away could you by any chance give us some insight on what to look forward to.

Cheers.

February 21, 2010, 12:55:19 AM
Reply #91

HaxOr

Hi GuyWD !

Don't rush with the new Beta Firmware...this, must be a BIG one... a lot of FIXs in it without making mistakes.
Can you at last tell us if there will some features in it or just  fixes?

February 21, 2010, 05:08:58 AM
Reply #92

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
It looks like you have some personal interest in WD because all your comments are always in protecting interest of WD.  

I'm also happy with my WDTV Live and I second to what Whoheart was posting. That makes me also a WD employee? :D  I wanna know if I am employed by WD too because I must declare those money inside my tax declaration  :D

Relax, it is just a simple 100USD/EUR gadget that cannot do pancakes and waffles. We don't like it, we return/sell it and buy something else. Free world, as you mentioned.... If most of us we return it that means WD failed and some other brands won; but if 80-90% of the users are happy that means target was hit and product was successful.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 05:14:38 AM by thumbgen »
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee

February 21, 2010, 07:35:58 AM
Reply #93

Whoheart

Where will be find it once its ready? :)
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

February 21, 2010, 08:05:25 AM
Reply #94

Whoheart

Hm, doesn't sound like that good customer service if i'm the next guy in line and buys a device which could have seen serious use for 6 months.

No these strore are not cheap.  Returned products are never resold.  They just go back to manufacturers.  These big stores have very clear contracts with suppliers about defective products.  They can return defective products to suppliers any time.  Thats the only way they can do business with these big retailers. I know this for sure because I have contacts working in some senior management capacity. Second, almost everyone can figure it out from the condition of packaging that product was returned so even a blind customer will not buy the prodcut which was returned. 

Hm, I wonder if the manufacturers just put them in next boxes and send them back.

It looks like you have some personal interest in WD because all your comments are always in protecting interest of WD. 

No, its in the interest of being fair and not a hysterical exaggerating teenager.

Just take example of this topic.  Almost every comment by others show that they have some issue with WD TV Live and thier FW and every comment from you is in support of the WD.

No, its trying to be fair - I've been unfairly treated a lot and I'm sensitive to crap from others. Sure there are things we would like to see from WD  - yesterday. But its not as bad as some try to make it.

It is OK, it is free world. If you work for WD you should protect interest of your employer.

I have absolutely nothing to to with WD. Just as I'm sure you are going to say you are not a teenager.
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

February 21, 2010, 11:54:12 AM
Reply #95

SoNic67

If a product has more than 1-3% defective returns, the big store chains will refuse to carry it anymore. If the item has more than 5% returns from unhappy buyers ("changed my mind"), the same thing happens. Regardless what the manufactured does after that with the open items.
The fact that WDTV is still on the shelfs of big stores poves that all the complains that you see on the forums are just that - a small fraction of the total number sold. The happy custumers don't post their good experience on the net with the same fervor lik ethe ones that have a problem.

February 21, 2010, 09:32:58 PM
Reply #96

dribbller1

If a product has more than 1-3% defective returns, the big store chains will refuse to carry it anymore. If the item has more than 5% returns from unhappy buyers ("changed my mind"), the same thing happens. Regardless what the manufactured does after that with the open items.
The fact that WDTV is still on the shelfs of big stores poves that all the complains that you see on the forums are just that - a small fraction of the total number sold. The happy custumers don't post their good experience on the net with the same fervor lik ethe ones that have a problem.

I don't agree at all... you may be right about the stores and all your figures but it does not prove a thing. I'm not happy with my network shares working today but not tomorrow.... should it be like that from the box? I'm not happy with my thumbnails being over saturated.... should it be like that out of the box? I'm not happy seeing jpg's along side my movies.... does it show that on the box? NO.... but I still have my WDTV live as I'm hoping future firmwares will fix these issues.... so going by returns as you are is misleading.

The other thing you guys fail to acknowledge is b-rads custom firmware... How many people are only happy with the machine because of b-rad.... heaps I can tell you. I am NOT a hysterical exaggerating teenager I'm a 37 year old mature and very patient male that read network shares on the box but didn't read anywhere about its randomness to connect... I also read thumbnails but didn't read they would be so ugly to look at.

I can see where pitokhato is coming from when he says it seems Whoheart works for WD... he (pitokhato) is obviously frustrated by a machine that needs urgent fixes which causes a lot of frustration ( I know as I could probably go turn mine on now and it wont connect, and if it does ill see over saturated thumbs and to rub salt in the wound ill see those thumbs twice lol) so when someone (Whoheart) comes to WD's rescue nearly every time it makes one wonder and even more frustrated.

In saying that I'm not having a dig at anyone as everyone is entitled to their own opinion... I mean that's what a forum is all about right.... so IMHO people have a right to be angry.... As I said I'm definitely not a satisfied customer... far from... I still have mine in hope that's all... If the next few firmwares don't please me Ill be moving on.

If you are happy with the machine as it stands then that is great news for you :)

February 21, 2010, 10:23:59 PM
Reply #97

Techflaws

• Tech Flaws - Things Can Only Get Better
but I still have my WDTV live as I'm hoping future firmwares will fix these issues....
Good luck with that.

February 21, 2010, 10:29:00 PM
Reply #98

dribbller1

but I still have my WDTV live as I'm hoping future firmwares will fix these issues....
Good luck with that.

??.... do you think these things won't be fixed?

February 21, 2010, 10:30:16 PM
Reply #99

Whoheart

The other thing you guys fail to acknowledge is b-rads custom firmware... How many people are only happy with the machine because of b-rad.... heaps I can tell you.

Pity none of them are donating to him ;)

I can see where pitokhato is coming from when he says it seems Whoheart works for WD...

Now if only you could get them to send me some filthy lucre ;)

As I said I'm definitely not a satisfied customer... far from... I still have mine in hope that's all... If the next few firmwares don't please me Ill be moving on.

Well, we might see a prerelease version this week - assuming you are prepared to take a chance on a beta release.

If you are happy with the machine as it stands then that is great news for you :)

Happy is a big word, but it generally hasn't done anything which has caused me to fly into an aggressive fit.

February 21, 2010, 11:00:40 PM
Reply #100

dribbller1

The other thing you guys fail to acknowledge is b-rads custom firmware... How many people are only happy with the machine because of b-rad.... heaps I can tell you.

Pity none of them are donating to him ;)

I can see where pitokhato is coming from when he says it seems Whoheart works for WD...

Now if only you could get them to send me some filthy lucre ;)

As I said I'm definitely not a satisfied customer... far from... I still have mine in hope that's all... If the next few firmwares don't please me Ill be moving on.

Well, we might see a prerelease version this week - assuming you are prepared to take a chance on a beta release.

Happy is a big word, but it generally hasn't done anything which has caused me to fly into an aggressive fit.

I used b-rad for a bit as I was curious and his work is brilliant I must say (mounting network shares, big thumbs etc).... If I end up going with his customware for good and am happy I will donate... But I really want to try and stay WD original if I can. I think what Im after WD can handle :)

filthy lucre lol... hmm you can ask scottWD lol.... or maybe you can change your name to WhoheartWD and see what happens hahaha

I don't mind a beta version that has bugs.... after all it is beta... if they can guarantee it wont brick it ill be more than happy to to give it a shot :)

I have come close to an aggressive fit lol..... just kidding ;)

February 22, 2010, 02:19:13 AM
Reply #101

marciton

hello,
since I migrated to 1.01.24 I've an extrem slowness to enumerate the movies on a USB disk pluged on the WD Live (the WDlive just don't see the USB disk). same for the network it's spend a long time before it can connect.

it's near that 5 min. before it can see the USB key.

I'll try to downgrade to 1.01.17 to see if the performance back to normal ...

any idea ?

February 22, 2010, 04:26:47 AM
Reply #102

Compulsive Liar 2

Ladies & Germs, this may well prove to be the answer to all those connection and sharing issues !!!!  ;D

Just remember who told ya about this demon bit of kit first !  8)

http://infinitec.com/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/18/infinitec-details-infinite-usb-memory-device-functionality-ahead/

February 22, 2010, 09:45:09 AM
Reply #103

Whoheart

marciton, try making a separate post in the general forum, perhaps someone has an idea.

February 22, 2010, 01:26:00 PM
Reply #104

gilby1947

hello,
since I migrated to 1.01.24 I've an extrem slowness to enumerate the movies on a USB disk pluged on the WD Live (the WDlive just don't see the USB disk). same for the network it's spend a long time before it can connect.

it's near that 5 min. before it can see the USB key.

I'll try to downgrade to 1.01.17 to see if the performance back to normal ...

any idea ?

Same problem, up to 5 minutes before the USB key shows up!!!

Gilby