Author Topic: WDTVLive 1.01.24 : New Firmware available  (Read 50887 times)

February 10, 2010, 10:36:07 PM
Reply #15

dribbller1

They have to be joking!!!! All youtube updates and nothing else. I bet many like my self have used youtube once and that was when the thing was first purchased... since then I never go in youtube.

Gee anyone would think the thing was built to stream youtube content... and then they thought hey what the heck we may as well make it play movies and music as a side bonus...........sheeeesh!!

February 10, 2010, 10:51:57 PM
Reply #16

rorschach

Sigh... not impressed. Still cautiously hopeful but keeping the original packaging nearby until March.

February 10, 2010, 10:52:34 PM
Reply #17

ScottWD

They have to be joking!!!! All youtube updates and nothing else. I bet many like my self have used youtube once and that was when the thing was first purchased... since then I never go in youtube.

Gee anyone would think the thing was built to stream youtube content... and then they thought hey what the heck we may as well make it play movies and music as a side bonus...........sheeeesh!!

Not a joke... had to take care of the Google/Youtube business relationship.  With that out of the way :) we have other things in the works.  It's amazing how a botched firmware update process can screw things up.  Put us back like 2 months from our plans!   We do appreciate everyone's patience. I have a major product release coming out soon which will focus on the core issues at hand.  The team is trying to get a pre-release (beta) to you guys early next week.  

-ScottWD

February 10, 2010, 11:46:12 PM
Reply #18

dribbller1

Not a joke... had to take care of the Google/Youtube business relationship.  With that out of the way :) we have other things in the works.  It's amazing how a botched firmware update process can screw things up.  Put us back like 2 months from our plans!   We do appreciate everyone's patience. I have a major product release coming out soon which will focus on the core issues at hand.  The team is trying to get a pre-release (beta) to you guys early next week.  

-ScottWD

Sounds great.... Can I ask out of curiosity what your position is with WD and the live?

Also can we have a few clews as to what you guys have planned?

Cheers :)

February 11, 2010, 02:17:09 AM
Reply #19

jason407

-ScottWD
Nice to hear Scott!
Any info on what issues the coming updates will be addressing?

February 11, 2010, 03:28:20 AM
Reply #20

pitokhato

how do we know that this ScottWD is an offcial employee working in WD? I hope he is an employee and WD is seriously considering giving us some more features along with all bug fixes.

February 11, 2010, 03:31:50 AM
Reply #21

dex38

Not a joke... had to take care of the Google/Youtube business relationship.  With that out of the way :)

If you could just add subscriptions (sorry don't know the exact english word) to youtube content I'll consider the youtube thing out of the way :).
To be honnest, I'm not a fan of youtube, using it only to see daily TV zapping via subscription. To have that on the wdtv I've to go on the PC and update my playlist before seeing new content on the WDTV...
But do not forget your main priority :), which is ...... autoframerate or at least an easy way to change it while watching the media.

February 11, 2010, 03:48:27 AM
Reply #22

jago

Sounds great.... Can I ask out of curiosity what your position is with WD and the live?
It looks like ScottWD ist this guy:

Scott Rader
Sr. Product Manager
Western Digital

Google is your friend (at least sometimes... :D)

February 11, 2010, 05:06:07 AM
Reply #23

frankie-boy

-ScottWD

And how can we get this pre-release?
And can you tell something more of what in this release?

Regards,

Frank

February 11, 2010, 10:59:52 AM
Reply #24

valid

If they fix the 'Play To' issues, I'll be a happy camper! (at least, after b-rad.cc adds it to WDLXTV-LIVE firmware)

February 11, 2010, 11:57:42 AM
Reply #25

SCADA.30

Hmm...someone from WD actually listening to their customers....nice.

February 11, 2010, 12:57:43 PM
Reply #26

toadle

So ScottWD - can we summarize, just to know: Are the two issues that you resolved just now: 1.The update-process 2.The YouTube-Interface mandatory? And could we assume that the firmware had taken another way, if those issues hadn't shown up?

February 11, 2010, 01:33:16 PM
Reply #27

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Guys,

ScottWD is a senior Product Manager at WD. He is our major liaison for this site.  

He is kind enough to come in here and offer help.  He does not have or need to so please give him the respect that he deserves.  :)

Jay
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 01:48:05 PM by jayallan »
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

February 11, 2010, 01:49:11 PM
Reply #28

frankie-boy

Guys,

ScottWD is a senior Product Manager at WD. He is our major liaison for this site.  

He is kind enough to come in here and offer help.  He does not have or need to so pleas give him the respect that he deserves.  :)

Jay

Hi Jay,

Thnx for this information! Now we know for sure something big is coming up ;D
And Scott, thank you for telling us there's a major update coming up. I'll be waiting!

Regards,

Frank

February 11, 2010, 02:59:46 PM
Reply #29

Whoheart

Not a joke...

Scott, sweetheart! You are back!  ;D

I have a major product release coming out soon which will focus on the core issues at hand.  The team is trying to get a pre-release (beta) to you guys early next week.  

Excellent - as long as it doesn't brick me, I'm all over betas :)

If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.