Author Topic: WDTVLive 1.01.24 : New Firmware available  (Read 74212 times)

February 09, 2010, 02:37:27 PM
Read 74212 times

suniloffline

There is a new firmware available thru online update for wdtvlive.
There is no info about the firmware in wdc.com.

has anyone upgraded, any idea on what are the key improvements.
Please post results if you have already upgraded.

February 09, 2010, 02:49:23 PM
Reply #1

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
Read here

http://support.wdc.com/download/notes/WDTV_Live_Release_Notes_1_01_24.pdf

Redesigned YouTube™ user interface to comply with YouTube requirements.
• Resolved search results in YouTube to be in the same order provided by YouTube.
• Added Flag Video feature to YouTube.
• Added seeking controls (fast forward/rewind) in the YouTube player in 10 second increments.
• Updated to the new YouTube Video logo throughout the application.
• Modified YouTube video timestamp format to make it more readable.
• Implemented add to playlist feature in YouTube.
• Added Save search queries to save users time in re-entering search terms in YouTube
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee

February 09, 2010, 02:50:33 PM
Reply #2

bigjoe714

I didnt update yet, but apparently there are a lot of youtube improvements.
See here http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/WD-TV-Live-Firmware-1-0-1-24/td-p/9581

February 09, 2010, 03:42:51 PM
Reply #3

suniloffline

Just upgraded. Upgrade was smooth over internet.

Youtube improvements are great, now it makes sense watching youtube in wdtvlive. No other noticable improvements.

WD disappointed us once again.

February 09, 2010, 05:12:26 PM
Reply #4

mckayser

Don't know if I'm right, but I can play some .wmv video files now that didn't playback correctly before. And .flv video files are now shown in the browser (they still don't play but they're at least shown).

Greetz, mckayser

February 09, 2010, 06:24:53 PM
Reply #5

trehouse

:-\

Someone working at WD must have kids or an off-hours YouTube habit.

Too bad there's not much of general interest.

We can only hope that sooner or later they'll do something to improve the interface.

February 09, 2010, 06:48:36 PM
Reply #6

betamaxman

Hope they fix the audio sync problems soon. Still not fixed in this update.

February 09, 2010, 07:07:11 PM
Reply #7

Whoheart

Just upgraded. Upgrade was smooth over internet.

Youtube improvements are great, now it makes sense watching youtube in wdtvlive. No other noticable improvements.

WD disappointed us once again.

Now now, they don't disappoint when they give us updates.

They disappoint when they STOP giving us updates :)
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

February 09, 2010, 07:14:39 PM
Reply #8

Whoheart

Oh, and everybody remember: They fix what they list in the notes - not 500 other items not listed in the notes.
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

February 09, 2010, 07:27:21 PM
Reply #9

Whoheart

Ok, first "bad" thing:

A clip on Youtube I had previously flagged is suddenly no longer playable after the update, instead I get this message:

"This video is restricted by the video content owner and is not available on TV connected devices."

Guess its WD trying to playing nice.

A good thing, if you use youtube, is that it now remembers your login, so you don't have to enter it each time (if you have asked it to remember - i guess the paranoid do not need to worry :)

February 09, 2010, 08:22:12 PM
Reply #10

suniloffline

Oh, and everybody remember: They fix what they list in the notes - not 500 other items not listed in the notes.

We moved from 1.01.17 to 1.01.24 (7 line items as per their release notes, one point per line item), that makes the new revision number.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:14:55 AM by suniloffline »

February 09, 2010, 09:25:21 PM
Reply #11

Whoheart

We moved from 1.0.17 to 1.01.24 (7 line items as per their release notes, one point per line item), that makes the new revision number.

What are you saying? That they increase the number by each item added? But should that be 1.0.24 then? :)

February 10, 2010, 04:20:18 AM
Reply #12

lilibabe

• http://wdtv.free.fr/
What a great update !  ;D

I imagine that most users do not buy the WDTV Live just because it has YouTube features !!

What's next ? Pandora logo modified, ability to sort Flickr pictures by name of the author's mother,...  ;D
If you appreciate my work and want to contribute, feel free to donate at http://wdtv.free.fr/

February 10, 2010, 05:23:23 AM
Reply #13

megb6806

Is it just me or what??? but all my mp4's are now working fine...so no more lipsync issues with this update....... ;)

February 10, 2010, 05:59:47 AM
Reply #14

CarlEdman

Actually, having suffered from very bad audio-sync issues previously, a small sample of tests seems to show some improvement.  In particular, (1) the audio drift during playback seems to have been greatly reduced (but not eliminated) and (2) stoping playback and restarting-from-same-position resets the audio-drift rather than making it worse (as it did before).

But perhaps that is just sample bias...